Post by Toondes » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:54 pm

100% getting relegated this season.
# stolen from nufc.com :)

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Newcastle v Leeds Match Thread

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:56 pm

On the surface a good point, but need to start winning. Had an opportunity to win tonight with their defence decimated, if only some chances didn’t fall to the ever present Joelinton.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:58 pm

35% possession at home is a f***ing scandal

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:00 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:56 pm
On the surface a good point, but need to start winning. Had an opportunity to win tonight with their defence decimated, if only some chances didn’t fall to the ever present Joelinton.
I can only assume that Gayle has pissed on Bruce's chips or something, that he yet again doesn't get a minute on the pitch but that non-footballer Joelinton plays virtually the whole game.

Gayle isn't brilliant but i'd bet decent money that he would have tucked away at least one of the chances that fell to Joelinton.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:01 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
This. Enough is enough.. Joelinton is just s***. Not good enough.. he works hard & I'm sure he's a good lad but the quality simply isn't there.. shooting, pace, skill, movement, shooting & overall technique is just not up to Premier League standard. If Wilson was playing we'll have won this for sure 2-1/3-1 with the chances big Joe had. Subs were weird asf.. we need a goal and you put on Kraft & only give Murphy a couple mins? Also no Gayle is ridiculous.. dropped 2 points. I don't know were our next win will actually come from.. <urgh>

Relegation pending unless Bruce is sacked/resigns ASAP. Not good enough. If Leeds had better finishing/more clinical could have easily ended 3/4-1. On the positive side of things.. ASM looks quality (as usual).. if he keeps this consistency & keeps adding to his goal/assist tally he could easily play for a top 6 side.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:01 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:00 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
I can only assume that Gayle has pissed on Bruce's chips or something, that he yet again doesn't get a minute on the pitch but that non-footballer Joelinton plays virtually the whole game.

Gayle isn't brilliant but i'd bet decent money that he would have tucked away at least one of the chances that fell to Joelinton.
Yeah there must be something going on. He’s been on the bench every game but not played a single minute.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:03 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
It’s concerning that a patched up Leeds looked the more likelier tonight. Without ASM we are 100% dead in the water.
Entertaining, yes, created chances, yes, but we are wholly unconvincing at the back and look like conceding at almost any point. Too soft, confused and clearly IMO not fit enough.
Remind me , was Bruceeee a defender to trade?
Bi fuc what a colossal breach of the trade description act !!
Clydeside & Tyneside

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:05 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:01 pm
Donkey Toon wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:00 pm

Yeah there must be something going on. He’s been on the bench every game but not played a single minute.
According to Craig hope ( I know ) Gaye and Jones had a falling out

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:08 pm

seaside nipper wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:03 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
It’s concerning that a patched up Leeds looked the more likelier tonight. Without ASM we are 100% dead in the water.
Entertaining, yes, created chances, yes, but we are wholly unconvincing at the back and look like conceding at almost any point. Too soft, confused and clearly IMO not fit enough.
Yeah Bruce was the mainstay CB for Man U for about a decade, very very good defender. Strange therefore that he can't seem to coach our defence.

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:19 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:08 pm
seaside nipper wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:03 pm

Yeah Bruce was the mainstay CB for Man U for about a decade, very very good defender. Strange therefore that he can't seem to coach our defence.
Yup a certain footballing brain in SAF managed the wooden Bruce to good effect.
I think we all know Steve is a tad light in the art of organising as his Uber lame managerial record demonstrates
🤣
Clydeside & Tyneside

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:34 pm

Toondes wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:05 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:01 pm

According to Craig hope ( I know ) Gaye and Jones had a falling out
But everything good is because of Jones and everything bad is Bruce's fault?!

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:30 pm

I like how Hayden started as a centre back despite allegedly being involved in an argument about not wanting to be a centre back <laugh>