Match day thread - Watford v NUFC

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Re: Match day thread - Watford v NUFC

Post by Toondes » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:58 pm

We'll Bruce will be full of s**** as usual but 3 point from 6 games is pathetic by anyone's standards.
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:58 pm

Unbelievable we haven’t taken our chances there. And as per usual appalling use of subs that means we lost the momentum and control, and could have easily lost the game.

On to the next but this feels like it was must-win.
I had the first custom w***

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:00 pm

We'll at least we are "ticking along"

Uncle Paul
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Uncle Paul » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:03 pm

I really don’t understand why Bruce can’t just change the formation. We should’ve taken our chances today though and could’ve been punished if not for VAR. Murphy is a moron who should’ve just slotted it down the side of Foster.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:14 pm

So disappointing, at least 3 golden opportunities spurned and should have been our of sight by half-time and then to blow that chance of a win in the last minute is unforgiveable.

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:49 pm

Not sure if you can pin the result on Bruce. Watford there for the taking. Should have been home and dry before half time. What was Murphy thinking? When is Wilson back?

We look much better in that system and if we can play more like that going forward we’ll be fine but I won’t hold my breath with Bruce in charge of it.

Terrible start to a season when you consider the average level of opposition we’ve faced, and have still got many of the better teams left to play. Although, if I were a betting man I’d still predict there to be three worse teams than us come May.

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:44 pm

murphy showin every1 why he was loaned out 2 champs side ther. hes class bt thinks hes better than is and doesnt do basics

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:33 pm

Been in north Wales all day and not seen/heard anything other than the score.

What was the overall performance? Was it 5 at the back with Hayden again? Any positives?
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:33 pm

gola wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:44 pm
murphy showin every1 why he was loaned out 2 champs side ther. hes class bt thinks hes better than is and doesnt do basics
It's a poor decision but he's allowed to make a mistake, especially when he's spent the best part of a season essentially playing in defense.

thedeludedfannymagnet2
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by thedeludedfannymagnet2 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:44 am

UlversToon wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:14 am
thedeludedfannymagnet2 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:39 am
I attended Watford v Newcastle many years ago, been there about 3 times. Got turfed out for 'pushing in the burger queue' by the police!! As my girlfriend was still stood on the terrace waiting for her burger I had to walk all the way around those feking allotments back to the entrance!! Are they still there?? <laugh>
Well, you certainly know how to treat a lady!
She was so impressed she married me and were still together <laugh>

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:19 am

Lol

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:19 am

Colly wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:33 pm
gola wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:44 pm
It's a poor decision but he's allowed to make a mistake, especially when he's spent the best part of a season essentially playing in defense.
nt wen u wanna play at this level. hes too showy n soft to be a proper player dnt get me wrong i like him n get excted watchin bt hes no end product n shirks outta challenges cnt deny that and hes been responsabile 4 us conceding goals this season and obvs missin a couple. and yeh obvs of course every1 allowed make mistake, every1 does name me sum1 who doesnt

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:05 am

We've only scored 7 this season and he's scored 1 and assisted another from full/wing back, plus he's the only player in the side who can actually hit a free kick on target. If he's no end product there's no hope for us.

And I'm absolutely going to deny that he's "too showy and soft" and I can't remember a lot of shirking of challenges. I'd vastly prefer Manquillo in a back 4 and Murphy higher up because our back 5 is fundamentally broken, but I think blaming an attacking midfielder for our defensive record is more damning of Bruce than Murphy.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:35 am

Well, at least even though we don’t win, generally our games are more entertaining to watch.

West Ham, Leeds and Watford matches were all decent viewing despite not winning.

Didn’t see the Southampton game but 2-2, a last minute penalty sounds like it had drama. It’s not like we’re getting bored to death every week at the moment as has been the case in the past.

You can’t help but think if we had Wilson (or any other half decent striker) then we could have got 4 to 6 points out of the last 2 matches and that’s on the club for not investing in the squad. Not saying Bruce is good, but I think we’d have won one or both those games in spite of Bruce.

Also, nice to see nobody bothered tracking their most dangerous attacking player for the equaliser.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:25 pm

Either way you look it at -
Murphy should've least hit the target
Longstaff should've scored that sitter
Joelinton should of hit his half chance first time
ASM should've tried a cheeky lob when through on the keeper.

When you don't score your chances you will always struggle to win games - plus we are woeful at the back.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:32 pm

Toondes wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:25 pm
Either way you look it at -
Murphy should've least hit the target
Longstaff should've scored that sitter
Joelinton should of hit his half chance first time
ASM should've tried a cheeky lob when through on the keeper.

When you don't score your chances you will always struggle to win games - plus we are woeful at the back.
Yes, most PL teams would have buried one or two of those at least and won comfortably.

But when your operate on a shoestring that’s what happens. Yes Joelinton was expensive but he’s shown he has no finishing quality at all and the club have done nothing to address that and provide adequate backup. He did the same v Leeds, an excellent chance fell his way and he ballsed it up.

Murphy had a brain fart for sure.

Longstaff, again kind of another one where we’ve never upgraded. Yeah he had a good spell under Rafa but has never kicked on (and in reality regressed). Belting goal yesterday but again we should have added quality to replace him.

Had we had an owner with even a morsel of ambition we’d have even 2 or 3 quality players who could come in.

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:56 pm

Colly wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:05 am
We've only scored 7 this season and he's scored 1 and assisted another from full/wing back, plus he's the only player in the side who can actually hit a free kick on target. If he's no end product there's no hope for us.

And I'm absolutely going to deny that he's "too showy and soft" and I can't remember a lot of shirking of challenges. I'd vastly prefer Manquillo in a back 4 and Murphy higher up because our back 5 is fundamentally broken, but I think blaming an attacking midfielder for our defensive record is more damning of Bruce than Murphy.
he comstantly shirks cahllenges uv gotta be blind 2 him if u dnt see that bt i get it we all hav our faves n hes a lovely playe watch wen on form like just dunt do it enuff considerin his chances which yeh he gets into but like i say always failin to tackle jus watch nxt game

gd points tho m8

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:03 pm

Tbf to Murphy he’s a winger and not a defender. Wingers generally aren’t known for their tackling ability and fearless in the face of danger.

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:13 pm

lol yeh ur rite

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:35 am

I think one thing that's clear from the last 2 games; Darlow is a million miles ahead of Woodman at the moment.

I think we all wanted Woodman to come in and be great, and whilst a lot of the goals we let in weren't his fault, I think that it has been quite obvious since Darlow came back that he's by far the better option if Dubravka is out and has made some fantastic saves v Leeds and Watford.

Woodman is still young and there's plenty of time, but if Dubravka and Darlow stay fit then another half season in the Championship on loan for Woodman I think.