Veteran Poster

Re: Takeover back on - DEAL DONE

Post by Oval85 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:40 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:32 pm
Blue & Maroon wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:31 pm

It's a borderline facist regime
And that makes someone putting a flag on their profile a cronut, based on knowing nothing at all about them?

It’s cringe for sure, that’s about it.
Agree. You cannot hate on a country and their people just because you don't like the regime.
There are multiple regimes around the world that should be stopped from doing horrendous acts, not only Saudi.

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:48 pm

Oval85 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:40 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:

And that makes someone putting a flag on their profile a cronut, based on knowing nothing at all about them?

Agree. You cannot hate on a country and their people just because you don't like the regime.
There are multiple regimes around the world that should be stopped from doing horrendous acts, not only Saudi.
Newcastle fans with Saudi flags aren't doing it out of a new found love of the Saudi people and their culture. It's done in support of the people behind the purchase of the club, who are massive d***s.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:51 pm

Oval85 wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:

For sure, but one bought our football club today, and it's the regime that owns it, not the country anyway. I somehow doubt the Saudi flags in Newcastle fan profile names are to show solidarity with the oppressed groups within Saudi Arabia, and not the super rich Sheik and his investment fund that just bought us.

I'll also be clear - I wouldn't have wanted the club bought by any government on earth. If we complain that clubs have been stolen from the fans by a couple rich idiots in London, what does it mean when they become owned by a country on another continent? But if I had to create a list of the most dangerous despots on earth, even before rumours of this sale swirled a year and a half ago, I'd still have ranked KSA near the top of that list. And to complain about them owning us, doesn't mean I lose sight of the other countries with similarly devastating human rights and political dissension practices. "At least it's not North Korea." doesn't make me feel better.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:52 pm

Sir Bobby trending on twitter now. <disgrace>

Alfie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Alfie » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:00 pm

Honestly brought a tear to my eye today, with Ashley gone I'd have taken the Taliban if they had a few quid.
And in conclusion, how far had you got through reading this before you realised it was my signature?

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:11 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:51 pm
Oval85 wrote:

For sure, but one bought our football club today, and it's the regime that owns it, not the country anyway. I somehow doubt the Saudi flags in Newcastle fan profile names are to show solidarity with the oppressed groups within Saudi Arabia, and not the super rich Sheik and his investment fund that just bought us.

I'll also be clear - I wouldn't have wanted the club bought by any government on earth. If we complain that clubs have been stolen from the fans by a couple rich idiots in London, what does it mean when they become owned by a country on another continent? But if I had to create a list of the most dangerous despots on earth, even before rumours of this sale swirled a year and a half ago, I'd still have ranked KSA near the top of that list. And to complain about them owning us, doesn't mean I lose sight of the other countries with similarly devastating human rights and political dissension practices. "At least it's not North Korea." doesn't make me feel better.
This. I agree with all of that!

I'd add that if the Saudi flag users were genuinely showing their support for the people of Saudi Arabia then they would be as appalled about the deal as I am because they are the primary victims of the human rights abuses perpetrated by their new beloved owners. I have zero doubt that many Saudi citizens will feel dismay that people are using the flag to honour the regime that violates their rights and then have the dishonesty to claim that they are actually honouring the Saudi people as a whole. That is seriously dishonest ****.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:16 pm

Seen a article on players we can make a deal with in Jan and sign for free next season (i know i know)
Do you think any would come

Kylian Mbappe
Paul Pogba
Antonio Rudiger
Niklas Sule
Franck Kessie
Denis Zakaria
James Tarkowski
Jesse Lingard

thoughts?

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:25 pm

Well, maybe this will change something years from now. This might be the best possibility for a change. This somehow makes Saudi bound to Europe so they at least have to thread carefully in the future.
I somehow have mixed feelings about this as well, but nothing can take away the pleasure of seeing this club have a great academy and real cryo therapy instead of ice buckets, and maybe most important... hope.
I totally understand if people will walk away from the club now though.

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:28 pm

Tsi wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:16 pm
Seen a article on players we can make a deal with in Jan and sign for free next season (i know i know)

Kylian Mbappe
Paul Pogba
Antonio Rudiger
Niklas Sule
Franck Kessie
Denis Zakaria
James Tarkowski
Jesse Lingard

thoughts?
I think alot of players would want to be on this journey. Didn't City sign Robinho when they first got rich?
Bad example if we want someone who doesn't flop though <laugh>

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:31 pm

Tsi wrote:

Kylian Mbappe
Paul Pogba
Antonio Rudiger
Niklas Sule
Franck Kessie
Denis Zakaria
James Tarkowski
Jesse Lingard

thoughts?
Well the obvious one is Tarkowski

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:33 pm

Tsi wrote:

Kylian Mbappe
Paul Pogba
Antonio Rudiger
Niklas Sule
Franck Kessie
Denis Zakaria
James Tarkowski
Jesse Lingard

thoughts?
Would love to see Kessie. A player that I think would really suit the league, and add a hell of a lot to our midfield.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:37 pm

Tsi wrote:

Kylian Mbappe
Paul Pogba
Antonio Rudiger
Niklas Sule
Franck Kessie
Denis Zakaria
James Tarkowski
Jesse Lingard

thoughts?
Touched on this on another thread, if we have an ambitious plan in place I dont see why we couldn't be in for some of these players, it eliminates some of the FFP restrictions so why not.

DDuc
Hewf, Hewf, Hewf, Tactical Inept Mince

Post by DDuc » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:48 pm

Done with the club unfortunately. I'm not going to tell other people how to think, but it would be impossible for me to separate the club from a state that clearly controls it (despite what the Premier League will have you believe).

People point out that we, in one way or another, contribute to borderline evil causes on a daily base. It's hard to disagree with that, especially living in a world filled with nuance. However, what's key is whether or not those contributions are conscious or unconscious.

For example, I stayed in a B&B a few weeks ago and later discovered the owner was an Alt-Righter who had been prosecuted on racism charges; he still got my £60. On the other hand, I can make a conscious decision to not buy from Amazon, as their track record is proven and I can live without with* paying a quid extra for a lamp.

Likewise with NUFC, they're owned by a Public Investment Fund of a sovereign state with a proven track record of human rights abuse. I know my ticket purchases will directly fund that state, so I can make a conscious decision not to do so. I can also live without watching football in one particular ground for the time being.

I've got no control over whether or not my tax payments go towards building fighter jets that bomb Yemeni kids. I do have enough control to decide that I'm not gonna spend my Saturday afternoon watching Mahrez make his debut in black and white.

It's sad to see how people are so willing to blind themselves with the carrot that hangs from the stick. Whether it's football, social justice, or climate change, people seem happy to pass the buck.
Last edited by DDuc on Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Garrus Vakarian wrote:It's so easy to see the galaxy in black and white, but grey? I don't know what to do with grey...
My Ambition Knows No Bounds
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:03 pm

DavideDuck wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:48 pm
Done with the club unfortunately. I'm not going to tell other people how to think, but it would be impossible for me to separate the club from a state that clearly controls it (despite what the Premier League will have you believe).

People point out that we, in one way or another, contribute to borderline evil causes on a daily base. It's hard to disagree with that, especially living in a world filled with nuance. However, what's key is whether or not those contributions are conscious or unconscious.

For example, I stayed in a B&B a few weeks ago and later discovered the owner was an Alt-Righter who had been prosecuted on racism charges; he still got my £60. On the other hand, I can make a conscious decision to not buy from Amazon, as their track record is proven and I can live without paying a quid extra for lamp.

Likewise with NUFC, they're owned by a Public Investment Fund of a sovereign state with a proven track record of human rights abuse. I know my ticket purchases will directly fund that state, so I can make a conscious decision not to do so. I can also live without watching football in one particular ground for the time being.

I've got no control over whether or not my tax payments go towards building fighter jets that bomb Yemeni kids. I do have enough control to decide that I'm not gonna spend my Saturday afternoon watching Mahrez make his debut in black and white.

It's sad to see how people are so willing to blind themselves with the carrot that hangs from the stick. Whether it's football, social justice, or climate change, people seem happy to pass the buck.
I agree 100%.

Like you i'm extremely disappointed at the level of mental gymnastics so many fans are going through to justify why going along with this takeover is okay, but i'm no longer surprised. I guess we all make moral compromises here and there, but this one is so clear cut to me it astonishes me that so few are even raising opposition let alone making a stand.

DDuc

Post by DDuc » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:15 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:03 pm
DavideDuck wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:48 pm

For example, I stayed in a B&B a few weeks ago and later discovered the owner was an Alt-Righter who had been prosecuted on racism charges; he still got my £60. On the other hand, I can make a conscious decision to not buy from Amazon, as their track record is proven and I can live without paying a quid extra for lamp.

I agree 100%.

Like you i'm extremely disappointed at the level of mental gymnastics so many fans are going through to justify why going along with this takeover is okay, but i'm no longer surprised. I guess we all make moral compromises here and there, but this one is so clear cut to me it astonishes me that so few are even raising opposition let alone making a stand.
Not like we're all a homogeneous mass, but it seems Newcastle fans have always struggled to take a stand. For all the talk of boycotts, protests, and petitions, nothing has ever come to true fruition. s**** footy has done more than any instance of organised action when it comes to keeping people away from the stadium.
Garrus Vakarian wrote:It's so easy to see the galaxy in black and white, but grey? I don't know what to do with grey...
My Ambition Knows No Bounds
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

Scalabrine
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Scalabrine » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:21 pm

Tsi wrote:

Kylian Mbappe
Paul Pogba
Antonio Rudiger
Niklas Sule
Franck Kessie
Denis Zakaria
James Tarkowski
Jesse Lingard

thoughts?
Ansu Fati.
Ousmane Dembélé.
Pedri.
Gavi.
Griezmann.

<gent>

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:10 pm

pogba is unironically s****

Pardew's Legendary Specs
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Post by Pardew's Legendary Specs » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:12 pm

Tsi wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:12 pm
Would love to see some old faces come back onto this site especially moncur's border reivers from 606 he said he'd only come back once Ashley went.
I tend to pop on here and lurk every 6 months or so :bandit:

i really need to change my name as is so outdated but then noone would remember me as has been so long <laugh>
<cheers> ............ ......... <cheers>

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:55 pm

Tsi wrote:

Kylian Mbappe
Paul Pogba
Antonio Rudiger
Niklas Sule
Franck Kessie
Denis Zakaria
James Tarkowski
Jesse Lingard

thoughts?
Expanded list here https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statist ... evertraege
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:06 pm

Cabella's Invincible Hair wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:33 pm
Tsi wrote:

Kylian Mbappe
Paul Pogba
Antonio Rudiger
Niklas Sule
Franck Kessie
Denis Zakaria
James Tarkowski
Jesse Lingard

thoughts?
Would love to see Kessie. A player that I think would really suit the league, and add a hell of a lot to our midfield.
From a quick google (Dennis Wise eat your heart out) he sounds like exactly the kind of player our midfield is missing. Defensive mid who can pass