New Manager: Eddie Howe Confirmed

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Re: New Manager

Post by Cal » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:19 am

There's only one man for the job and he drives an XJ8... Steve Barnes.

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:48 am

don't think we cud get him tbh he has his eyes on the mulcaster job lol

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:07 pm

Actually feeling sorry for Bruce today, I don't really like the man and want him out as much as anyone. It just seem really harsh that the whole of sports media are following his every move today waiting for him to be sacked. Yes he's getting a ridiculous pay off at the end of this but still, camera shots through hedges and closed fences is a bit uncalled for.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:13 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:07 pm
Actually feeling sorry for Bruce today, I don't really like the man and want him out as much as anyone. It just seem really harsh that the whole of sports media are following his every move today waiting for him to be sacked. Yes he's getting a ridiculous pay off at the end of this but still, camera shots through hedges and closed fences is a bit uncalled for.
If it's at the training ground it doesn't bother me, when the media scum turn up at people's homes it's unacceptable for me.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:20 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:07 pm
Agree it’s like the ritualistic public execution!
For sure he was worth criticising for his approach
and tactics IMO, however the personal intrusion and media overload is salacious and ott. But that’s life in this footballing world.
Sure he’s now a multi millionaire but in my book is due a degree of respect at least.
Clydeside & Tyneside

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:45 pm

Every time I start feeling bad for him and consider how it would be nice for him to get his 1000th game before we move on, I remind myself we're 2nd from bottom and winless. The board need to just put him out of his misery.

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:23 pm

yeh soon agree with u there m8

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:31 am

Today's the day

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:37 am

I can see him taking charge at Spurs, if that's the case I'm honestly not that bothered. I don't think any change between now and Sunday is going to impact the result so maybe not much to gain by changing things this week. It will give them some breathing space to choose the right replacement and let them ready the team for a more winnable palace game.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:43 am

I would be slightly surprised if they gave him the Spurs game just to be nice. Spurs is game 1 of a brand new era at this football club, do they really want Bruce on the touchline knowing that 95%+ of fans recently said on a poll they wanted him gone? I think whether Bruce is there or not the atmosphere will be amazing, and I don't think much/any negativity will be directed at Bruce as everyone knows he'll be gone very quickly even if he is in charge against Spurs. But I'd still be surprised if that's the path they went.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:40 pm

What a tease
I had the first custom w***

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:53 pm

So many supposed experts and pundits claiming Bruce should be given a chance to show what he can do with money <laugh>

I think we’ve all seen what Bruce can do, we’re winless this season. He’d probably sign Coutinho and play him at wingback.

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:10 pm

How much have we spent since Bruce signed? How much more would we reasonably spend in January?

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:20 pm

PTAO? wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:10 pm
How much have we spent since Bruce signed? How much more would we reasonably spend in January?
I saw some article that mentioned because Ashley had used so little that past 3 years we could use up to £190m without financial fair play being an issue next transfer window.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:44 pm

Oval85 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:20 pm
PTAO? wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:10 pm
I saw some article that mentioned because Ashley had used so little that past 3 years we could use up to £190m without financial fair play being an issue next transfer window.
I'm not necessarily suggesting you're wanting this either - but I wouldn't want the club to blow that much money in the short term. Considering most players coming in would have 4-6 year contracts, it will likely take some time to attract the right players, and I want a clear vision and strategy for how we'll play - I don't want the club burdened with a bunch of players they'd want shot of within a year or 2.

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:58 pm

I'm not sure I wrote I want it anywhere <laugh>
I want it to be built from the ground and up, starting with a sports director who knows a ****ton of football.

Slim999
Shelvey's Precious

Post by Slim999 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:11 pm

The first job is to keep us in PL

Not sure a new manager coming in now would guarantee this .

Maybe keep Bruce / or Jones this term to see if they can keep us up with a handful of new faces in Jan.

Or bring in an experienced UK face as caretaker till summer

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:47 pm

Slim999 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:11 pm
The first job is to keep us in PL

Not sure a new manager coming in now would guarantee this .

Maybe keep Bruce / or Jones this term to see if they can keep us up with a handful of new faces in Jan.

Or bring in an experienced UK face as caretaker till summer
Are experienced UK managers really more likely to avoid relegation? Aren't most unemployed experienced British managers ones that have likely overseen relegations? Not necessarily ones brings forward ideas on how to overcome the flaws of this team?

Slim999
Shelvey's Precious

Post by Slim999 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:09 pm

Brendan Rodgers being now mentioned as favourite.

Might appeal to him - the chance to have a tilt at top silverware with a top budget behind him.

Destined to be out of top 4 at Leicester

On the other hand he'd be moving from high profile comfortable number ( define success for Leicester - 5th ?) .... to a possible poisoned chalice with us .

I'd be happy with him

- young and ambitious / proven managing big names

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:24 pm

Slim999 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:09 pm
Brendan Rodgers being now mentioned as favourite.

Might appeal to him - the chance to have a tilt at top silverware with a top budget behind him.

Destined to be out of top 4 at Leicester

On the other hand he'd be moving from high profile comfortable number ( define success for Leicester - 5th ?) .... to a possible poisoned chalice with us .

I'd be happy with him

- young and ambitious / proven managing big names
Agree I'd be happy with him - though realistically what they've become as a club over the past several years is the best we can hope for in the short-medium term. And there's no shame in that. But if the people who've been in the job for a week are promising top 4 to people like him - they'd best be careful their standards aren't set too high. There's no way our first manager under the new group will last long enough in the job to see us establish ourselves in the CL places with any more consistency than Leicester.