New Manager: Eddie Howe Confirmed

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Re: New Manager

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:41 pm

What counts as young for a manager? Rodgers is 48. Thats middling right?
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Slim999
Shelvey's Precious

Post by Slim999 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:13 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:41 pm
What counts as young for a manager? Rodgers is 48. Thats middling right?
Young enough - so ambitious enougj

And experienced enough

Came very close at Liverpool - showed he could handle difficult situations with Suarez ....

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:37 pm

Out of all the list of potential candidates I’d go for Rogers without doubt.

Two things :

1. I think he’s limited at Leicester, certainly given our potential. Rodgers is ferociously ambitious and very ego centric. He demanded away from Celtic and went head to head with the Celtic Chief executive when Leicester sounded him out.
2. He’s very premier league experienced more so than any other candidate and I think the prospect of working with Newcastle, ( the richest football club on the planet) would appeal massively to his ego. Plus his brand of football is pretty acceptable.
Clydeside & Tyneside

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:23 pm

I think it would be hugely disappointing if we went down even with Bruce in charge (which he won't be) given we should be bringing in 3 or 4 decent players in January. I can't see why anyone too high profile would want to be 'first up' and do the donkey work - Rodgers I would love but would he really leave Leicester now? I'm not so sure. Personally I'd give it to Jones till Christmas time and see where we lie as the window approaches.

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:48 am

Luks like Bruce in job now eugh mayb they hav deal with him n say OK ur boss now until u dnt win n then we sack u. If he kept that up for good he wudnt be sacked and wed win everythin lol

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:22 am

Apparently Steve Bruce's pre-match interviews ahead of the Spurs game have been cancelled - according to Sky Sports. <scratch>

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:45 am

yeh?

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:51 am

The Times are reporting Staveley wants to sack Bruce but requires PIF sign-off - which hasn't happened yet...
I had the first custom w***

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:05 am

I am starting to feel like he will be in the dugout on Sunday.

Though he'll know it's his last game so maybe the famous gloves will come off one final time...
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:22 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:05 am
I am starting to feel like he will be in the dugout on Sunday.

Though he'll know it's his last game so maybe the famous gloves will come off one final time...
We'll win 4-0 and he'll keep his job <laugh>
Kindly deeds done for free!

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:35 am

thts my point lads wat if he wins n keeps winnin

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:50 am

gola wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:35 am
thts my point lads wat if he wins n keeps winnin
93 points still up for grabs, we'd just win the league <roll>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:56 am

I'm in no rush for Bruce to go, let's face it there is plenty of games left, it would be stupid to rush in a replacement then have to potentially replace them in a few months time, I'd rather we get it right first time. I'm happy if we focus on a DoF/Chief Exec for now, we need to get that upper office structure in place and build towards an identity for the club, then we hire the right manager and coaches, then start on building a squad in January.

Our season will not be won or lost in the next 2 weeks, just need to be patient and let things develop at the right pace.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:59 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:56 am
I'm in no rush for Bruce to go, let's face it there is plenty of games left, it would be stupid to rush in a replacement then have to potentially replace them in a few months time, I'd rather we get it right first time. I'm happy if we focus on a DoF/Chief Exec for now, we need to get that upper office structure in place and build towards an identity for the club, then we hire the right manager and coaches, then start on building a squad in January.

Our season will not be won or lost in the next 2 weeks, just need to be patient and let things develop at the right pace.
I think it makes sense to just get anyone in, even on a temp basis, just to try and get more out of this squad. Tactics, formations whatever. Anyone is better than Bruce. It's a risk either way, but if we stick with Bruce we're going to be in a horrible position by January. You also can't pin all your hopes on a massive rebuild in January either.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:43 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:59 am
Don Sholeone wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:56 am

I think it makes sense to just get anyone in, even on a temp basis, just to try and get more out of this squad. Tactics, formations whatever. Anyone is better than Bruce. It's a risk either way, but if we stick with Bruce we're going to be in a horrible position by January. You also can't pin all your hopes on a massive rebuild in January either.
Excactly how I feel. A new manager is of course a risk, but can't we all agree that keeping Bruce is a even bigger one?!

We have all witnessed how he has made every player who was considered good under Rafa average by playing many of them out of positions.

Seems like he has allready sucked the life out of our only summer signing too.

It's widely known that some managers make average players better, and some make them stagnate or worse, degress as a football player.

It is quite obvious which category Bruce falls into, isn't it...

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:04 pm

Problem is you are going off the assumption that Bruce is going to be kept on for months rather than a week or two. There is nothing risky about taking our time especially when it's on our side, it's not like we are down to the final few games of the season and are In desperate times.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:07 pm

Oval85 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:43 pm
biggeordiedave wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:59 am

Excactly how I feel. A new manager is of course a risk, but can't we all agree that keeping Bruce is a even bigger one?!

We have all witnessed how he has made every player who was considered good under Rafa average by playing many of them out of positions.

Seems like he has allready sucked the life out of our only summer signing too.

It's widely known that some managers make average players better, and some make them stagnate or worse, degress as a football player.

It is quite obvious which category Bruce falls into, isn't it...
I agree keeping him is a bigger risk - especially since it isn't as if the squad love him and would feel betrayed with his sacking.

As for the players and their performance under Rafa. I think at least at the backend it has less to do with him directly hurting their performance, but they weren't great to begin with and now are several years older. Nonetheless, completely agree that nobody is overachieving under his management.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:08 pm

Also in our favour is given the likes of Norwich, Watford and Burnley it's unlikely we'll be cut well adrift at the bottom come January.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:08 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:04 pm
Problem is you are going off the assumption that Bruce is going to be kept on for months rather than a week or two. There is nothing risky about taking our time especially when it's on our side, it's not like we are down to the final few games of the season and are In desperate times.
Touche. I should clarify that although I think it's a bigger risk to run out the season with him, I don't want them to rush into a hiring if a preferred option isn't available - nor is Bruce management in an away match against Spurs a missed opportunity.

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:41 pm

The will he won’t be be in charge come Sunday is
IMO peripheral to the main event, the sale of the club
I’m delighted the sale has happened and there is hope and a process to establish. It’s a long work in progress but I’m just strapping in for the brave new world.
I don’t really care who is in charge of the team this Sunday, I’m just looking forward to a sea changing historic weekend in Newcastle.
This is one single game when I am not stressed about the result , who is in who is out, the shape, I’ll embrace this this win lose or draw

<cheers>
Clydeside & Tyneside