New Manager: Eddie Howe Confirmed

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

New Manager: Eddie Howe Confirmed

Post by Tsi » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:59 pm

I can't see the new owners keeping Bruce any longer than the Spurs game but in reality he'll probably be gone in days.
A new manager will be arriving soon so who would you like to see come in.

Latest betting odds

Antonio Conte 9/4
Roberto Martinez 11/4
Steven Gerrard 6/1
Eddie Howe 8/1
Zinedine Zidane 10/1
Brendan Rodgers 12/1
Frank Lampard 14/1
Rafael Benitez 14/1
Chris Wilder 18/1
Jose Mourinho 18/1
Lucien Favre 20/1
Roberto Mancini 20/1
Graeme Jones 25/1
Graham Potter 25/1
Paulo Fonseca 25/1
Unai Emery 25/1
Donkey Toon 26/1
Nicky Butt 28/1
Diego Simeone 33/1
Erik ten Hag 33/1
Gareth Southgate 33/1
Gennaro Gattuso 33/1
Giovanni van Bronckhorst 33/1
Joachim Löw 33/1
Manuel Pellegrini 33/1

Personally i'd like to see a young manager like Gerrard come in but i can't see that happening with our current league position.
Due to our position i can see them going for someone who has managed before in the Prem lge but even then that is no guarantee they'll succeed.
Who would you like to come in and why?
Last edited by Tsi on Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Re: New Manager

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:08 pm

Anyone who can keep us (and the current squad of players) up, that's the only goal this season.

Think the ship needs stabilising before we bring anyone young and exciting in.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:09 pm

I don't think it's going to be too straight forward, even though we have plenty of time left our position has to be of slight concern and will be in the back of their minds. At first glance someone like Gerrard seems like a good choice but he's still relatively inexperienced and could be quite risky for us. From that list the only real stand out for our position is probably Benitez, but I don't see him coming even if we threw money at him, he's not the sort to just drop a club like that.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Jones given a crack to be honest, but I could also see him reuniting with Martinez, that I think is probably where my money is at right now.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:14 pm

I'm hoping they work on things over the weekend for a Monday morning announcement of Bruce oot.

Don't think we'd be able to get Conte even with him out of work, he'd probably want European football. Benitez/Mou have just signed contracts so they won't leave either I don't think. Rodgers has a better project than us anyway. Someone is a joke of a suggestion. Don't see Mancini leaving the national team with their trajectory, he'll want the world cup.

I'd like someone with a bit of league experience but who can actually set up a tactic, would be nice if we could poach Potter. Or Howe or Wilder. Transition us up the league over the next couple of seasons and set us up for the higher tier of manager

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:26 pm

Nicky Butt 28/1! What the hell has he done to be on those sort of odds? Is he even involved in management or coaching? I would have had him as likely a candidate for the job as me. If he's on that list why aren't I?

Conte for me though. Give him the chance to start a mega-project from the beginning. Here is a journeyman top flight team with the funds to become the best club in the world. Start now and build the team you want. Make it sound more appealing than being brought in at a later date when somebody else has built the team and he has to work with somebody else's idea of what the team should be.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:28 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:26 pm
Nicky Butt 28/1! What the hell has he done to be on those sort of odds? Is he even involved in management or coaching? I would have had him as likely a candidate for the job as me. If he's on that list why aren't I?

Conte for me though. Give him the chance to start a mega-project from the beginning. Here is a journeyman top flight team with the funds to become the best club in the world. Start now and build the team you want. Make it sound more appealing than being brought in at a later date when somebody else has built the team and he has to work with somebody else's idea of what the team should be.
<whistle>

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:34 pm

rafaaaa

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:35 pm

Tsi wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:28 pm
Donkey Toon wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:26 pm

<whistle>
<laugh>
My pick of that bunch has to be DT

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:48 pm

26/1 read it and weep Nicky Butt!! <laugh>

Of course I am extremely flattered to be linked with the job, but with all due respect I don't feel that Newcastle United Football Club is a big enough club for me at this time. I do however wish to thank the club and fans for the compliment of considering me for the job and wish them well for the current season etc etc ...

PS - I also can't stand the new owners so they would have to go!

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:01 pm

Given our position I’d say PL experience is absolutely critical so even though Gerard has done extremely well at Rangers and seems to be able to galvanise a team I’d say that’d be risky.

Conte would be amazing and would certainly get the team well drilled to see us through until January when we can strengthen the squad. I don’t think it’s unrealistic as he’s out of work and we would throw whatever money he wanted at him and his staff (that’s just as important as other than Jones we have no coaches of any value).

Personally I’m not really a fan of Martinez. He had what, one good season at Wigan and other than that has been average at best. International football management is no comparison for PL management (see Gareth Southgate for that too.).

I’d be surprised if we landed someone already in a job at this point in the season, and the club will have bigger ambitions than Wilder. Howe is an interesting one, in the Ashley era I’d have been delighted but is he the man for a big project and to tempt some decent players in Jan?
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:05 pm

I’m not a fan of Martinez either, i think your right though someone like Conte is probably at the forefront of the owners thinking rather than Gerrard.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:00 pm

Andre Villas Boas 😉
I'll Hazard a guess

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:50 pm

No Southgate, No Löw, NO damn ex national manager who has done good/average with their home country...
What is Conte doing now a days?

originallad
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by originallad » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:57 pm

Hypothetically speaking. If Conte was to be our next manager. What would you all think? Long term planning he would be awesome, but could he galvanise the team and keep us up in the short term?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:13 pm

originallad wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:57 pm
Hypothetically speaking. If Conte was to be our next manager. What would you all think? Long term planning he would be awesome, but could he galvanise the team and keep us up in the short term?
Absolutely. He’s a proven winner and would certainly give a few players a kick up the arse, and they’d know they’re working under a top manager who wouldn’t accept anything less than 100%.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:43 pm

A very pragmatic, capable organised and experienced manager can be found in Steve Clarke. A safe pair of hands and he would certainly keep Newcastle up.
I feel kinda dirty and treacherous now, but just saying like
🤔

It’s mentioned that Conte wouldn’t touch us and it’s rumoured he disaffects a lot of players as he’s too hard on them !!

I think in the immediate here and now we need strong foundations before going all glam !

I just feel we’re gonna be very surprised and I don’t believe for a moment the consortium have not in the last few weeks at least , been sounding out managerial options.

Now where’s that big left field
Clydeside & Tyneside

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:51 pm

I think the takeover alone is going to be enough to get the players fired up, there is hope for the future and they will be playing to impress for the sake of their own places. If we can just get a half decent manager/coaches I think it will be enough. There will be some heavy investment in January anyways if there are still concerns at that point.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:41 am

Paulo Fonseca being talked about a lot tonight

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:12 am

Gerrard is an arrogant mam who'd jump to Liverpool first chsnce he gets. And probably assault some djs in self defense.

I feel we need a mark hughes type. Elite managers wont come, so someone young to build us up
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:12 am

Conte is a win now manager who wants a great squad to work with. We aint it
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012