Post by Dummett’s right swinging foot » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:44 am

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Re: New Manager

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:23 am

Dummett’s right swinging foot wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:44 am
That was such a great season for sullen Brucey moments. Every week MOTD of the day would have a side profile of a forlorn looking Bruce before switching focus to the angry fans in the background.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:54 am

I'm wondering if during their hour long discussion they came to a compromise. Steve we want to replace you but don't have anybody lined up ready for the Spurs game. As its your 1000th game we understand you would like to be in charge for that. How about you have that game and then resign with your full pay off.

That way Bruce gets his sentimental milestone and then gets to leave on his own terms and the new owners get the kudos of showing him respect and not having to sack him. Just a theory.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:15 pm

Steve Bruce takes charge of 1,000th game as manager

Newcastle United can confirm that head coach Steve Bruce will take charge of Sunday’s Premier League fixture with Tottenham Hotspur and in doing so reach his 1,000th professional match as a manager.

Amanda Staveley said: "We have had an extremely busy week reviewing the business and getting to know people and it is imperative that we continue to be patient and considered in our approach. Change does not always happen overnight, it demands time and that we follow a carefully considered plan and strategy.

"We met Steve and the players on Monday and have given them the time and space this week to focus on preparing for what is a very important game on Sunday.

"Steve has been very professional in our dealings with him and he and his coaching team will take the team on Sunday. If we make any changes going forward, Steve will be the first to know but, in the meantime, we wish him the best of luck in his 1,000th match as a manager and will be joining you in getting right behind the team.

"Thank you for the warm welcome you have given us. We can’t wait to be at St. James’ Park with you.”
I had the first custom w***

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:16 pm

Oh Mandy
You came and you ruined my Friday

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:22 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:54 am
I'm wondering if during their hour long discussion they came to a compromise. Steve we want to replace you but don't have anybody lined up ready for the Spurs game. As its your 1000th game we understand you would like to be in charge for that. How about you have that game and then resign with your full pay off.

That way Bruce gets his sentimental milestone and then gets to leave on his own terms and the new owners get the kudos of showing him respect and not having to sack him. Just a theory.
Hard to sack him if we grab 3 points.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:23 pm

Captain Obvious wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:22 pm
Donkey Toon wrote:

Hard to sack him if we grab 3 points.
Not if we've got someone better lined up. The position in the league table is clear enough to make a change, PIF just don't understand why we'd fire him before we've got someone new lined up.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:31 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:

That would be the best way to do it imo. They seem to be taking a professional and respectful approach over this situation, I wouldn't be shocked if Bruce announced his resignation immediately after the Spurs game. Saying something akin to "I need to step aside and let this club fulfill it full potential under the new ownership etc." Bruce gets a dignified exit, the club and ownership looks good in their handling of it and it opens the door for a new manager. Also let's face it the fans will be just happy that he's gone, it's wins all round if it happens this way.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:34 pm

I think one thing people forget around the reasons Allardyce was sacked by us (while saying the fans chased him out as usual) was that aside from the horrible results and style of play, Ashley came in after he was appointed so just having a change was always on the cards. He got about 6 months in the end, but it's certainly not unprecedented for new owners to want their own manager in charge.

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:53 pm

so bruce still in charge, sports direct still plastered everywhere and we still haven't signed anyone decent...

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:58 pm

krully wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:53 pm
so bruce still in charge, sports direct still plastered everywhere and we still haven't signed anyone decent...
How long before comments like that start showing up for real?

I'm also willing to bet that the tea towel wearing muppets will be the first to turn to that sort of nonsense.

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:14 pm

twitter for nufc wasn't anything to brag about but its turned into right muck

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:15 pm

Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:35 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:00 pm
Looking at everyone linked, maybe we will see Rangnick in as interim manager until January, see how it's going, if well stays as manager until the summer where we then move him up to sporting director and appoint a long term manager to work with him.
Can't see him leaving Russia for an interim role, but i also thought he's rumoured for the Director role anyway, not the manager?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:13 pm

Todays talk is Unai Emery, Gerrard or Martinez.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:21 pm

I know people always talks about Gerrard ultimately leaving for Liverpool, but I almost guarantee our next manager is gone before Klopp is. In fact, I'd predict us going through 2-3 before he goes.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:44 pm

As a Newcastle fan who isn't local, I'm getting sick of every one I know asking me who I think we will get as manager, tell them I'm not sure because we are linked with everyone at the minute so hard to tell, then they ask who we are linked with you mention them and all you get is "you won't get him, he would never join you, you need X,Y,Z." I'm like ffs why even ask then. Feels like people want you to be ridiculous and say someone like Pep just so they can have a pop. Think it's one of the worst things about not being local, everyday you talk to other fans who think they know everything about the club because they watch SSN that morning.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:21 pm

F-I-R-E him

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:30 pm

They need to do something and fast, they need to see how toxic his reign has become, it's not just on the field performances it's rife through the team. Think a huge part of the issue is Charnley is still essentially running things between owner and management. It's all well and good having new ownership but if you still have the core of the Mike Ashley model in place not much is going to change. How can we have a new era when we are not making much effort to end the old one.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:36 pm

As much as I agree he needs to go, I think issues like that among players are going to continue irrespective of who is manager as most of them know they're dead men walking and lame duck players on the team. Just like everyone is asking each other who the new manager will be - people are talking up who we'll buy and how the whole team needs replacing. Loyalties and attitudes are going to be tested and I'd love to know more about what led to them kicking off.