Wood's Touch

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by MJ91 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:52 pm

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:25 pm

Genuine question would people take the risk on Christian Eriksen?
I'll Hazard a guess

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:42 pm

If he passed all the required medical tests and it was safe for him to play then sure.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:46 pm

If nothing else it would increase my own constant risk of heart attack watching us every other week.

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:47 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:25 pm
Of course. Pure class doesn't grow on trees. Chargers for pacemakers all over the stadium <ok>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:49 pm

I wouldn't, he was on the decline at Spurs, didn't exactly light the world on fire at Inter either, add in the obvious health concern and I think its just too .any negative factors. Would rather look elsewhere.

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:02 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:49 pm
I wouldn't, he was on the decline at Spurs, didn't exactly light the world on fire at Inter either, add in the obvious health concern and I think its just too .any negative factors. Would rather look elsewhere.
Decline in Spurs yes. But he moved to italy, had to learn a new language, and last season he did well. So there's a health concern, but it wouldn't be the first one to play with such a device.

Such a talent would be a no brainer for me, levels beyond what we have, and maybe the main reason why I think we should get him is because I heard a interview with him, where he spoke of the World Cup as it was his biggest dream. Saving our asses would send him there.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:33 pm

Then he can tempt Damsgaard…
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:38 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:33 pm
I would rather us go for Schjelderup <erm>
17 years old, second year as a starter for Nordsjælland and from our famous Bodø academy.

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:41 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:25 pm
How about we volunteer as scouts for Newcastle in Norway. You take the west coast, I take east part of the country, and I can give my brother a call who lives a hour away from Bodø. He works offshore 2 weeks on, 4 off so he has time.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:53 pm

Oval85 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:38 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:33 pm
I would rather us go for Schjelderup <erm>
17 years old, second year as a starter for Nordsjælland and from our famous Bodø academy.
Lads a serious talent. Bodø have done a great job the last few years in development terms. A lot of the other Nordic clubs are looking to replicate them.
I'll Hazard a guess

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:05 am

Oval85 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:02 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Decline in Spurs yes. But he moved to italy, had to learn a new language, and last season he did well. So there's a health concern, but it wouldn't be the first one to play with such a device.

Such a talent would be a no brainer for me, levels beyond what we have, and maybe the main reason why I think we should get him is because I heard a interview with him, where he spoke of the World Cup as it was his biggest dream. Saving our asses would send him there.
Yep, watched interview myself hence why I asked the question.

OK there's the heart issues it would be interesting to see how he responds, but the passion from the guy you can see he knows he can still perform at a high level.

Deal until December or 18 month deal for one of the best creative midfielders in PL history (I think only Dé Bruyne has more assists of players currently in the PL).

Let's put it this way he couldn't do any worse than Jonjo
I'll Hazard a guess

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:28 am

Oval85 wrote:
Don Sholeone wrote:

Still only 29 so even if we get him on a initial 6 month contract( if he's fit & healthy) & saves us from relegation & actually looks decent then give him a longer contract. On his day he can be a game changer & technically very gifted AM/CAM. <ok>

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:50 am

Sanchino wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:28 am
Oval85 wrote:

Still only 29 so even if we get him on a initial 6 month contract( if he's fit & healthy) & saves us from relegation & actually looks decent then give him a longer contract. On his day he can be a game changer & technically very gifted AM/CAM. <ok>
One point to make on position there, it was probably one of the reasons he struggled at Inter initially he played a deeper role but his 2nd season when he adapted he was brilliant at times.
I'll Hazard a guess

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:00 am

One of the better commercials in a long time...

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:01 am

yeh he was class in 2nd season bt yeh remember this is seria a we tlkin about very different level 2 epl lol i mean look at lukaku. not exactly torn it up this yr has he? n yeh heard lots of gd things about schjelderp and wen i saw him play i was amazed at how mature he looked bt i spoke my bro about him n he was sayin that its too soon and our targets elsewhere. got in argument about it lol bt its not like he can influence stuff at his level in the game bt he know wats goin on

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:12 pm

Trippier and Digne would be amazing but I think the latter will end up at Chelsea.

Must be nice to spend £30m on LB cover for your £40m starter

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:33 pm

TBC wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:12 pm
Trippier and Digne would be amazing but I think the latter will end up at Chelsea.

I did read that Chelsea (and napoli) were only interested in a loan for Digne, which could put us in pole position should we want him. Chelsea due to the fact he'd be an expensive backup as said, and Napoli I imagine for more financial reasons. Everton supposedly want shot on a perm. Have him in a heart beat. Digne and Trippier is some upgrade to Ritchie and Murphy out of position.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:54 pm

Cabella's Invincible Hair wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:33 pm
I did read that Chelsea (and napoli) were only interested in a loan for Digne, which could put us in pole position should we want him. Chelsea due to the fact he'd be an expensive backup as said, and Napoli I imagine for more financial reasons. Everton supposedly want shot on a perm. Have him in a heart beat. Digne and Trippier is some upgrade to Ritchie and Murphy out of position.
Oh without doubt if we end up with him it's cause we were willing to fork out the asking price this month when no one else was. Luke Edwards tweeted earlier that after Trippier the bulk of the money is being saved for a CB and a striker, with Digne possibly on a loan to buy at the end of the season.

It depends how reliable you think he is but if they're accepting loan to buys those other teams you mention will have a better chance.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:57 pm

Cabella's Invincible Hair wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:33 pm
TBC wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:12 pm

Toronto FC's outrageous signing of Insigne this week will have freed up some wages at Napoli <whistle> . I also bring up because it's hilarious/embarrassing that Insigne will be paid more than half the squads in MLS. Next up: Andrea Belotti.

It feels so weird now to support two clubs that will likely throw silly money around <scratch>