January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

User avatar
gola
Bruce's Bacon
Posts: 303
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:04 am

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by gola » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:23 pm

lol to funny

User avatar
Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police
Posts: 9016
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:23 pm
Location: Newcastle, High Heaton

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by Toondes » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:35 am

With all the talk of transfers ect surely it's time to give Elliot Anderson a crack at first team action. Scored another brace last night .
# stolen from nufc.com :)

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 31516
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:38 am

Toondes wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:35 am
With all the talk of transfers ect surely it's time to give Elliot Anderson a crack at first team action. Scored another brace last night .
Definitely. Against Arsenal in the fa cup last season (or season before) he came on and looked decent then in true Bruce fashion was never seen again.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police
Posts: 9016
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:23 pm
Location: Newcastle, High Heaton

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by Toondes » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:00 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:38 am
Toondes wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:35 am
With all the talk of transfers ect surely it's time to give Elliot Anderson a crack at first team action. Scored another brace last night .
Definitely. Against Arsenal in the fa cup last season (or season before) he came on and looked decent then in true Bruce fashion was never seen again.

Has to be worth a punt - bring him in for Hayden ( who's us been really poor IMO) , sit Longstaff a bit draper .
# stolen from nufc.com :)

User avatar
Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Posts: 9418
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:40 pm
Location: London

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by Speedo » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:07 am

Worth saying most of Anderson's goals for the U23s are penalties. But agreed, he's definitely due a run out.
I had the first custom w***

User avatar
TJR
10 Champs Chump
10 Champs Chump
Posts: 11733
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:41 pm
Location: Newcastle
Contact:

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by TJR » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:44 am

Something like this in January would be great to see us through to the end of the season.
Dubravka
Tripper Lascelles Tarkowski Dummett
Willock Hayden
Coutinho Ramsey StMaximin
Wilson

User avatar
Colback's Orange Tufts
Italy
Italy
Posts: 11448
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:48 pm
Location: Near the ducks

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:06 am

TJR wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:44 am
Something like this in January would be great to see us through to the end of the season.
Dubravka
Tripper Lascelles Tarkowski Dummett
Willock Hayden
Coutinho Ramsey StMaximin
Wilson
I feel like loading up on old, overpaid and/or knackered players isn't the way to build.

Trippier is good but not many years left. Ramsey is great but old and injuiry prone and HUGE wages.
Coutinho has huge wages and has been unimpressive for while. To make it work you have to mould the team around him in no 10.
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

User avatar
Colback's Orange Tufts
Italy
Italy
Posts: 11448
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:48 pm
Location: Near the ducks

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:07 am

I also feel priorities should be:
1/ Another goalscroer who will stay fit
2/ Central Mid to control games
3/ centre back

Attacking mids are far down my list
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 31516
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:41 am

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:06 am
TJR wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:44 am
Something like this in January would be great to see us through to the end of the season.
Dubravka
Tripper Lascelles Tarkowski Dummett
Willock Hayden
Coutinho Ramsey StMaximin
Wilson
I feel like loading up on old, overpaid and/or knackered players isn't the way to build.

Trippier is good but not many years left. Ramsey is great but old and injuiry prone and HUGE wages.
Coutinho has huge wages and has been unimpressive for while. To make it work you have to mould the team around him in no 10.
At the moment we will likely be looking short term i.e. who can keep us up this season AND push us on next season. So experienced players who still have several seasons left in them are the way to go at the moment I think, so Tripper / Ramsey etc. would be fantastic signings IMO.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Posts: 9418
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:40 pm
Location: London

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by Speedo » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:53 am

Trippier and Dummett aren't going to get much cover with Coutinho and ASM ahead of them! We need to focus on defence and defensive midfield. IMO we need, in order of priority (my suggestions):
1. Left back (Tagliafico)
2. Centre back (Tarkowski)
3. DM (Cajuste/Xhaka)
4. Striker (Lacazette)
5. Right back (Trippier)
I had the first custom w***

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
Posts: 2806
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:35 pm

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by Sanchino » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:55 pm

Speedo wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:53 am
Trippier and Dummett aren't going to get much cover with Coutinho and ASM ahead of them! We need to focus on defence and defensive midfield. IMO we need, in order of priority (my suggestions):
1. Left back (Tagliafico)
2. Centre back (Tarkowski)
3. DM (Cajuste/Xhaka)
4. Striker (Lacazette)
5. Right back (Trippier)
This. <ok>

Other LB suggestions would be Robin Gosens, Jose Gaya from Valencia & Grimaldo from Benfica. If we don't want to go for the European route then Antonee Robinson from Fulham could be a shout.. has all the attributes to be a top-class all-round full-back he's like a better mans' Yedlin (pace to burn but with better strength & positional sense).

CB options (apart from Tarkowski) - Mancini, Lacroix, Tomori, Denayer, Elvedi, Tah & Unai Nunez. Mostly under 25 and bags of potential.

DM / CM (Apart from Cajuste/Xhaka) - Kamara, Sander Berge, Tchouamameni, Zakaria, Zubeldia, Papa Gueye & Oliver Skipp. Mostly under 25 and bags of potential.

Striker - Isak, Vlahovic, Gouiri, Belotti, Schick, Charles De Ketelaere, Karim Adeyemi & Luka Jovic. Mainly under 25 and bags of potential.

Right back - Calabria, Max Aarons, Zeki Celik, Leo Dubois, Colin Dagba & Ramus Kristensen. Mostly under 25 and bags of potential.

It's good having experience but sometimes going for the Countino/Ramsey/Trippier route could backfire drastically. Take QPR for example they tried to buy ''big names'' who were over 30, past it and on HUGH wages but still got relegated. Likes of Joey Barton, Richard Dunne, Rio Fernand, Shaun Wright Phillips, Niko Kranjcar, Jermaine Jenas, Park Ji-Sung & Chris Samba..

So it's best to have a mixed approach.. we should go for GOOD to VERY GOOD younger players (under 25) who are hungry, fresh, fearless with great potential to be excellent / world-class players in the future. With the right manager, right signings and right team chemistry in a couple years time we WILL be a powerhouse. But yeah main thing is to NOT get relegated and then rebuild properly next summer so if we do go for the likes of Ramsey, Coutinho, etc so be it. A mixture of youth & experience is a good balance to have. You need to build for the future but also have already established & experienced internationals who have a winning mentality plus quality.

Don Sholeone
BSN Correspondant
BSN Correspondant
Posts: 10322
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:11 pm

I'd honestly be happy with Manquillo as RB for the rest of the season. LB is definitely something we need to sort out, I'd love 2 CBs but would be happy with just one, then must solidifying the midfield and getting competition for Wilson up top.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 31516
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:22 pm

I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Donkey Toon
Resident Financial Expert
Resident Financial Expert
Posts: 7458
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:46 pm

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by Donkey Toon » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:30 pm

<laugh>

Particularly liked the bit about Ketsbaia obviously. <awe>

User avatar
Oval85
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1183
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:40 pm
Location: Norway

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by Oval85 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:34 pm

I sincerely hope we start and build from the bottom and up, and not start spending huge on so-called stars. Too many newly rich clubs have tried that strategy, even City tried and failed in the beginning! Then they used a few years to build from the ground.

But I'm sure they all know that, other club's failures should be very obvious for the new rulers, and especially the new director.
I would love to see what Rangnick could have done in charge.

User avatar
Donkey Toon
Resident Financial Expert
Resident Financial Expert
Posts: 7458
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:46 pm

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by Donkey Toon » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:49 pm

Oval85 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:34 pm
I sincerely hope we start and build from the bottom and up, and not start spending huge on so-called stars. Too many newly rich clubs have tried that strategy, even City tried and failed in the beginning! Then they used a few years to build from the ground.

But I'm sure they all know that, other club's failures should be very obvious for the new rulers, and especially the new director.
I would love to see what Rangnick could have done in charge.
Yeah, hopefully they will learn from the Man City experience. In their initial burst of spending they paid well over the odds for some very average players who barely, if at all in some instances, improved the strength of their team/squad. Add in the wealth surplus tax that all the clubs are going to want to levy, knowing that there is all that money to spend, the club could easily burn through the available budget to very little effect if not careful.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 31516
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:17 pm

Are we saying we don't want to sign a Scott Sinclair? <yikes>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colly
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 7206
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:44 pm
Location: Billingham

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by Colly » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:26 pm

I want to sign THE Scott Sinclair.

User avatar
Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic
Posts: 10834
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:48 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:17 pm
Are we saying we don't want to sign a Scott Sinclair? <yikes>
Roque Santa Cruz is my preferred reference. Man City was already good when they made the Sinclair mistake.

Colly
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 7206
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:44 pm
Location: Billingham

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist 21/22

Post by Colly » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:22 pm

I will not hear a bad word against Roque Santa Cruz.


Post Reply