Bruce love in.

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Bruce love in.

Post by originallad » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:38 pm

Nope, not from me. But seemingly from a lot of managers and fans from other clubs.

Why suddenly is there this massive love in for Bruce and us the fans have been awful to him?

Yeah he's had his fair share of criticism but nothing out of the norm in my opinion.

Arteta, Guardiola saying their two pennies worth, other club's fans disliking us more then usual, media jumping all over it.

I don't remember this happening to this extreme when some other manager has been sacked!

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Bruce love in.

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:57 pm

Because we’re the only fans in the history of football to ever want a poor manager out of our club, nobody else has ever done it, this is why everyone is so shocked. Wonder if it will ever happen again or if it’s a one off?
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:06 pm

Bruce is a beloved figure within the English footballing community - and fellow managers and pundits tend to protect their own when there's a very publicized and drawn out firing. Plus, Newcastle news is very popular right now, so you can be sure journalists will be asking everyone's opinion on it. It's probably less a case of managers having different or unique feelings about him or the Newcastle fans, and more to do with how many are being asked the question this week.

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:15 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:06 pm
Bruce is a beloved figure within the English footballing community - and fellow managers and pundits tend to protect their own when there's a very publicized and drawn out firing. Plus, Newcastle news is very popular right now, so you can be sure journalists will be asking everyone's opinion on it. It's probably less a case of managers having different or unique feelings about him or the Newcastle fans, and more to do with how many are being asked the question this week.
Tlkin sense like always m8

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:48 pm

gola wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:15 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Tlkin sense like always m8
Cheers! My nerves need sensible explanations for things - otherwise I'd get wound up by too much from this silly game we all love.

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:52 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
That makes perfect sense. Thank you mate <ok>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:05 pm

originallad wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:52 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
That makes perfect sense. Thank you mate <ok>
Don't get me wrong though, I can also understand why Newcastle fans living in the UK right now and bombarded with the amount of media attention you are would be getting annoyed by it. Living where I do it's easier to go about my day oblivious of this coverage.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:43 pm

That title is disgustingly misleading, I was ready to share all of the praise I had for Bruce in here, like uh...

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:49 pm

Beatski wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:43 pm
That title is disgustingly misleading, I was ready to share all of the praise I had for Bruce in here, like uh...
<laugh> <laugh>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:59 pm

Beatski wrote:
Sky might have a segment for you?! <roll>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:18 pm

Bruce himself has been a disgrace imo, yes a few people have been out of line but he's bundled all that in with genuine criticism of his awful performance as manager, then bringing his deceased parents into it too. He's hiding behind a wall of victimisation and exaggerated tales of abuse. The fact in his sob letter he mentions being labeled "tactically inept" how the hell is that abuse?

Also winds me up not just with Bruce but this whole death threat business, when did the definition of threat change. Yes someone saying they want him to "die of covid" is horrible, but it's not a threat. A threat is making a statement of intent.

Also think Craig Hope hit the nail on the head earlier today when he said Bruce probably gets preferential treatment for being a Man Utd guy, his playing career when most Journalists etc were kids, all the pundits are from around his era, he is seen as this highly respected man who they won't criticise.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:10 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:59 pm
Beatski wrote:
Maybe even a full time job, based on some of the pundit's out there.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:15 pm

He's got an almost identical record to Rafa whilst in charge of us...

Only thing that's annoyed me about him is his attitude, like we all wanted him to fail and he wasn't backed, which is arse because no NUFC fan wants failure and he's had tens of millions to spend. Not the right man to take us forward and we'd be down if he stayed in charge till May
Last edited by Blue & Maroon on Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:17 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:18 pm
Bruce himself has been a disgrace imo, yes a few people have been out of line but he's bundled all that in with genuine criticism of his awful performance as manager, then bringing his deceased parents into it too. He's hiding behind a wall of victimisation and exaggerated tales of abuse. The fact in his sob letter he mentions being labeled "tactically inept" how the hell is that abuse?

Also winds me up not just with Bruce but this whole death threat business, when did the definition of threat change. Yes someone saying they want him to "die of covid" is horrible, but it's not a threat. A threat is making a statement of intent.

Also think Craig Hope hit the nail on the head earlier today when he said Bruce probably gets preferential treatment for being a Man Utd guy, his playing career when most Journalists etc were kids, all the pundits are from around his era, he is seen as this highly respected man who they won't criticise.
Agree with what you say apart from the highlighted. It's utterly vile to say that to someone and doesn't matter if it doesn't constitute a threat.

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:44 pm

Stats wer same bt they wernt 2 actually if u look at shots against n stuff like that. Also general play was totally diffrent n rafa wen we wet losing at ht he'd do stuff change game n often did if u look at stats bt bruce rarely had that

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:03 pm

I will say, from a neutral's perspective these first couple months of the season have probably been the most entertaining football we've seen in the past many years. Sadly it isn't winning football for us - and I'm certainly not crediting Bruce with the matches being more open and entertaining.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:06 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:15 pm
He's got an almost identical record to Rafa whilst in charge of us...

Only thing that's annoyed me about him is his attitude, like we all wanted him to fail and he wasn't backed, which is arse because no NUFC fan wants failure and he's had tens of millions to spend. Not the right man to take us forward and we'd be down if he stayed in charge till May
That’s the least I’d expect for the extra money he’s spent.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:47 am

Remember Colo wrote:
Beatski wrote:
Well considering my valuable insights I would certainly hope so. Possibly you thought i was joking? (how dare you!)

Here's a video of Bruce's finest Newcastle game as a manager (sorry about the poor quality)
SpoilerShow
But Sunderland are 'playing'

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:26 am

Beatski wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:47 am
Remember Colo wrote:

Well considering my valuable insights I would certainly hope so. Possibly you thought i was joking? (how dare you!)

Here's a video of Bruce's finest Newcastle game as a manager (sorry about the poor quality)
SpoilerShow
But Sunderland are 'playing'
Full match here

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:21 pm

^ The 4-1 in Sunderland is a different match and doesn't have Bruce as manager though...

Though I was at the 5-1 derby in 2010 I don't think Bruce ever got more stick than he received that day. "Cheer up Stevie Bruce..."