lol nt sayin hes my type jus way he plays football i like lot

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Re: Seasons prospects

Post by seaside nipper » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:43 am

Just pointing to some irony here :
Derbys only win that season , against us 🤣

“Back in the 2007-08 Premier League season County finished bottom of the pile was just 11 points. It remains the lowest final tally in the league's entire history.
The Rams broke a host of unwanted records that season. They went on the longest run of games (32) without a win; lowest points total (11) since the introduction of 3 points for a win; the record for the fewest wins (1) in a Premier League season.
Their solitary win came in September against Newcastle United but they would add just a further eight draws and lost 29 out of their 38 fixtures.”

Bizarrely that season for Derby after 13 games they were better off than we presently are by two points.

Statistically this season avoiding relegation will be an amazing escape for us. I still believe it’s possible and wouldn’t put it past us.
Need to re assess after tbe next two home games.

Fingers crossed
Clydeside & Tyneside

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:54 am

I think it’s possible given that we’re only 6 points from safety as it stands, IF we beat Norwich then it’s not impossible.

Derby took 4 points off us that season <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:16 pm

If we can beat Norwich and Burnley I'll be a lot more confident of staying up.

This is a massive week of football us and things could change drastically.

If we beat Norwich on Tuesday, Wolves beat Burnley on Wednesday, we beat Burley on Saturday and Spurs beat Norwich on Sunday we'll be 3 points clear of both Norwich and Burnely on 12 points.

Watford have Chelsea and then Man City this week, so it's unlikely they'll add to thier 13 points, giving us the chance to go 1 point behind them if we win our game.

Leeds who are on 12 points have Palace and Brentford. I think they'll pick up at least 2 or 3 points from those fixtures but even so they'd still be within distance.

Southampton on 14 points have two tough games against Leicester and Brighton. Therefore if we win our two games we'll likely go withing 2 points of them.

Everton are on 15 points and play Liverpool then Arsenal this week. Can't see them getting any poi to from those, so if we win both our games we'd be within 3 points of them.

Win both our games this week and we'll likely be above two teams and within touching distance of four others, giving us every chance. Especially if there is money to spend in January.

On the flipside though, if we lose both games this week, we'd be at least 6 points behind 19th (potentially 9) and as good as down already. It's vital we win both games this week.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:55 pm

Excellent summary TJR <ok>

Although Norwich have improved lately, if we can't beat them at home then frankly we don't deserve to stay up anyway.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:59 pm

Speaking of Everton, I imagine their fans opposing the hiring of Rafa are feeling sadly justified right now. What a bad run of form they're in right now, yeesh.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:50 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:59 pm
Speaking of Everton, I imagine their fans opposing the hiring of Rafa are feeling sadly justified right now. What a bad run of form they're in right now, yeesh.
I've got a mate who is an Everton fan and going to the game against Liverpool and is expecting it to be a rather toxic atmosphere on the night.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:09 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:59 pm
They started the season well, but in part have been really hampered by injury. DCL has missed most of the season, Richarlison has missed a large chunk, Doucoure was key for them early on but broke his foot, Mina is out...that's like us losing Wilson, ASM, Willock and Lascelles (for the latter two I was trying to think of a good CM and good CB that we've had this season but was struggling...).

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:41 pm

'Must-win game' gets used far too often but as others have said these next two will probably will make or break our season.

It's mad to think we could double this season's points tally by the end of the week.

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:37 pm

jpg wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:41 pm
'Must-win game' gets used far too often but as others have said these next two will probably will make or break our season.

It's mad to think we could double this season's points tally by the end of the week.
Yep, these two games can turn the whole season around. Fingers crossed for something special tonight.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:50 pm

Quite glad that I'm out for dinner tonight so won't be watching!

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:25 pm

jpg wrote:

This. <ok>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:02 pm

jpg wrote:

You’re right, that was a mad thought <laugh>

Slim999
Shelvey's Precious

Post by Slim999 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:35 am

Well, looking at Saturdays coming fixtures it's quite likely that IF we can beat Burnley we will be joint 3rd bottom & 3 points behind Watford in 4th bottom.

that would provide some hope and reduce the fear.

We could maybe kick on from that and get another few decebt results before Xmas-

....which will make jan recruitment that bit easier .

C'mon lads - all out for the throat Vs Burnley.

All to play for still

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:04 am

On paper it's definitely not as bad if we beat Burnley.

The issue is that we then play Leicester, Liverpool, Man C and Man U so at best will get 2 points (if that). Typically we'll face Man U at home when they've got rid of Ole. If Burnley, Norwich, Watford pick up a win or two in that time then the gap could be pretty big.

We do have a nice run in January and February, where if we make some good signings then we can start getting some points:

Southampton (A)
Watford (H)
Leeds (A)
Everton (H)
Villa (H)
West Ham (A)
Brentford (A)
Brighton (H)

That's not terrible by any stretch, especially if we get a few decent additions. The Watford game isn't until 15th Jan due to the winter break / FA cup so we do have time to get some faces in.

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:34 am

Slim999 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:35 am
Well, looking at Saturdays coming fixtures it's quite likely that IF we can beat Burnley we will be joint 3rd bottom & 3 points behind Watford in 4th bottom.

We could maybe kick on from that and get another few decebt results before Xmas-

All to play for still
This is gonna be a right tough ol shift against this Burnley lot. Dyce will have them well fired up all right.
Strap in once more ….. ⚽️ 🥅
The hope/irony bit, Howe gets his first win against his old team
Clydeside & Tyneside

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:45 pm

Football is a funny old game, how many times have we seen sides win games when they have no chance.

If we beat Burnley and get some confidence in the side, picking up a shock result against one of Leicester, Liverpool, Man City or Man Utd isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

If we can get one shock win against one of those four and beat Burnley on Saturday and Everton on 30th December, there is a decent chance we could go into the January transfer window out of the bottom 3.

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:55 pm

seaside nipper wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:34 am
Slim999 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:35 am

All to play for still
This is gonna be a right tough ol shift against this Burnley lot. Dyce will have them well fired up all right.
Strap in once more ….. ⚽️ 🥅
The hope/irony bit, Howe gets his first win against his old team
s***! eat pie! and thats the burnley way lol

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:17 pm

TJR wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:45 pm
Football is a funny old game, how many times have we seen sides win games when they have no chance.

If we beat Burnley and get some confidence in the side, picking up a shock result against one of Leicester, Liverpool, Man City or Man Utd isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

If we can get one shock win against one of those four and beat Burnley on Saturday and Everton on 30th December, there is a decent chance we could go into the January transfer window out of the bottom 3.
This. I like the positive vibes. <diva>

But yeah that 1st win will be MASSIVE and boost our confidence up so yeah if we beat Burnley & if we can get 1-2 points (3 points with shock win) against any of Man City, Liverpool, Leicester & Man United that would be a great bonus. Leicester look beatable nowadays & have looked mediocre/average at times this season so that could be a potential 3 points. Everton who look woefully out of form could be another 3 points but our record at Goodison Park is poor so a draw would be OK to set us up for Jan were if we can do some smart & effective recruitment (CB/CM/etc) we'll be in a much stronger position to survive. Not all hope is lost.. we just simply need to win tomorrow! Burnley won't be a walk over & will be tough but ASM loves playing against them so if he's up for it tomo that will be KEY to us winning & of course Fernandez has to start with Schar. Bench Lascelles and Ritchie. <ok>

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:30 pm

I bet Howe will go for Lascelles and Fernandez tomorrow. I don't think he would put the captain on the bench, just because of whatever signal it would give. I hope I'm wrong but I fear not.