Seasons prospects

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Seasons prospects

Post by seaside nipper » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:19 pm

Well here we are , mired in the doo doo wallowing in the dire Mike Ashley inheritance !

I’m now resigned to the long haul forming our rehabilitation, that sadly involves relegation this season. I’m struggling to see what manager and new player collective will dig us out of our position now.

We need a major cull right through the staff players and completely change the dynamic. A new manager, new DOF , new coaching support and players are essential.

Certainly a stern test for the new owners and this will be a serious examination of their football nous if we end up in the championship !

Hopefully the support of resources will see us bounce back, cleaner, meaner and reborn. That though is fraught with inevitable risk and whataboutery.

I think that the position we are in presently and the road to the new world will involve pain in the Championship. I sincerely hope I am wrong about this season but it’s presently obvious that looming relegation is waiting.
Barring a miraculous change in form it looks like only the great dysfunctional NUFC could be the richest football club in the world and find itself relegated from the Premier League this season

Time will tell but the signs for this season somehow turning into the great escape, a Phoenix from the ashes , are IMO very unlikely.

Is relegation part of the pain , the price we have to pay before our great new brave world emerges ??

It’s the insanity that makes this club the loveable craziest mis firing of football clubs 🙏
Clydeside & Tyneside

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Seasons prospects

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:30 pm

The Athletic podcast say “everything has changed but nothing has changed” and that sums it up.

I don’t think relegation is a foregone conclusion and it will depend on January, but the club has been hollowed out for the last 14 years and everything, literally everything is way behind most of the rest of the PL. Even Norwich’s training ground blows ours out of the water and their youth setup brings players through. We don’t even have a championship standard coaching staff on the payroll.

Brighton have a relatively new world class training facility, Leicester have just unveiled plans for there’s, Palace opened their Grade 1 academy last week, the list goes on.

We’ve been run like a crap discount sports store for the last 14 years, the club has been taking on water for years and years and we can’t bail out quickly enough at the moment. There’s so much wrong with the club that needs changed.

Literally the only good thing is wor flags, and about 2-3 players.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:09 pm

I think we needed a big crowd reaction to the loss yesterday. I just don't want the owners feeling they are untouchable, Ashley has gone but it feels like we are still sleepwalking atm. They need to make a big physical statement soon. We are coming up to a month and nothing has changed, yes I get that the takeover came out of the blue, but surely they should have had an upper office team in place for day 1 whether day 1 was happening on 7th Oct or January.

There should have been some verbal agreements in place with managers even if it was short term. It kinda feels there were favours done with Ashley too, it annoys me that Charnley and Co are still floating around, how the hell are we supposed to buy into this new era when we refuse to move away from the old one. They need a reality check and fast. We need a new manager and coaches in asap, imo it should have been done today ready for a Monday start. I am willing to be patient but I think a month in charge and zero meaningful changes is unacceptable.

If I was to speculate I think they have probably got the structure wrong already with Staveley and Jamie Reuban, why would the minority stakeholders be making the decisions, we need a PIF appointed board member to have the final say, it's all well and good having this none executive chairman but what's the use if there is no actual input or presence from him. We need a clear single voice and direction so we can take decisive action on these things.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:51 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:09 pm
I think we needed a big crowd reaction to the loss yesterday.
I think you've said this a few times this week in reference to the crowd (apologies if I'm mixing you up with someone else), but I don't really see what we can do? A lot of the crowd were already walking out when Shelvey stood up to come on (not suggesting that was the reason but it tested my resolve...), there was notable discontent to us still backing off at 1-0 down, and the biggest reaction of the game was when Manquillo chased down Mendy. It was absolutely clear the crowd weren't happy. Outside of a "sack the board" chant I don't know what else we could do.

Whatever happens for the rest of the season will be down to the owners, the fans haven't been able to influence a thing in years, so we'd best hope they have a plan.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:59 pm

Colly wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:51 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:09 pm
I think we needed a big crowd reaction to the loss yesterday.
I think you've said this a few times this week in reference to the crowd (apologies if I'm mixing you up with someone else), but I don't really see what we can do? A lot of the crowd were already walking out when Shelvey stood up to come on (not suggesting that was the reason but it tested my resolve...), there was notable discontent to us still backing off at 1-0 down, and the biggest reaction of the game was when Manquillo chased down Mendy. It was absolutely clear the crowd weren't happy. Outside of a "sack the board" chant I don't know what else we could do.

Whatever happens for the rest of the season will be down to the owners, the fans haven't been able to influence a thing in years, so we'd best hope they have a plan.
Not me <laugh>.

And I guess I'm talking about booing the performance (I know that's a whole other debate) like I say I don't want the ownership to get too comfortable in dragging things out. I think everyone knows there won't be an over night top to bottom change but they need to be seen to be acting on the current issues, if there is no manager by mid week then that's another game in charge for Jones imo, no only that it's a game that is becoming a must win and we don't have too many winnable games coming up. It's still early days of course but it feels like there is a lack of football understanding going on with them. They need to understand the sooner we can get the team back on track the better. They should be getting a manager in before Brighton to give him a chance to put a few results together and gain momentum. The best way we can do that is by being vocal about these totally unacceptable performances/tactics.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:05 pm

6 points adrift <divax>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:31 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:05 pm
6 points adrift <divax>
No fear, be pragmatic welcome the new.
It’s “ a process”. Issue is no one at all knows what this process is gonna look like.

The sting in the tail for us is that our new found wealth has seen every other club wanting us beaten each week and would just love us relegated

If that did happen ( odds on at present ) a very considerable challenge would ensue in the Championship

Choppy waters ahead, I’m strapping in……I’m preparing for Tyne Wear derbies soon

<wah>
Clydeside & Tyneside

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:05 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:59 pm
Colly wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:51 pm

Not me <laugh>.
Sorry!

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:21 pm

Newcastle in turmoil again, it’s part of the black and white dna
This time it’s relegation threat and a managerial job seen as too much of a process for most currently
Footnote fact : Newcastle are the richest football club in the world
Couldn’t make it up 🤣
Clydeside & Tyneside

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:01 pm

seaside nipper wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:21 pm
Social media in turmoil again, it’s part of the black and white dna
This time it’s relegation threat and a managerial job seen as too much of a process for most currently
Couldn’t make it up 🤣
Fixed <ok>

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:23 pm

Tsi wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:01 pm
seaside nipper wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:21 pm
Social media in turmoil again, it’s part of the black and white dna
Couldn’t make it up 🤣
Fixed <ok>
<laugh>

Fair play

<applause>
Clydeside & Tyneside

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:59 pm

I came off Twitter last week and life is so much better, would highly recommend it to anyone.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:03 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:59 pm
I came off Twitter last week and life is so much better, would highly recommend it to anyone.
I don't do any social media ( unless this is classed as such). Never done Facebook , Twitter and have zero interest .
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:05 pm

Toondes wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:03 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
I don't do any social media ( unless this is classed as such). Never done Facebook , Twitter and have zero interest .
Same. I'm proud of myself not getting a facebook account before they changed their name <laugh>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:41 pm

Came off Facebook about 5 years ago. I’ve got Instagram and LinkedIn if you want to include that but that’s work based.

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:15 pm

Toondes wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:03 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Same. Could never understand the attraction, probably cos I’m an anti social sort !
Even the name , it’s like an open invite , a free pass for stalkers. Please come and trawl my life 🤣
Could not believe the people that seemingly would post ( boast presumably too ) about where they were on holiday and what a great time they were having …… then home to a ransacked house !
Fricken lunacy.
On the positive if there is one , my mate in the police also used to say how easy their job was made due to mobile phones and Facebook. The miscreants always tripped themselves up 🤣
Clydeside & Tyneside

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:23 am

Can we conclude with "NUFC fans hate social media"? <laugh>

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:25 am

seaside nipper wrote: