Arsenal v Newcastle

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Re: Arsenal v Newcastle

Post by Colly » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:19 am

Bloody hell, giving ASM a further ego boost would be terrifying. This is a man who got booked for over celebrating an equaliser at home to Brentford.

I think he's potentially an outstanding talent, but he needs grounding to the point he'll deliver a decent pass rather than running into a crowd, not additional responsibility.

You're right though, the list of possible candidates is woeful at present.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:40 am

Like I say it would be a left field option, but choice is severely limited and I don't think anyone could do a worse job than the current captain.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:50 am

Dubravka sounds like a good shout to me. He organises the defence well, and is a strong communicator. Was Wilson ever captain for Howe whilst both were at Bmouth? He's another that is very vocal and could be a good option. Probably will end up being Voldemort though.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:57 am

Cabella's Invincible Hair wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:50 am
Dubravka sounds like a good shout to me. He organises the defence well, and is a strong communicator. Was Wilson ever captain for Howe whilst both were at Bmouth? He's another that is very vocal and could be a good option. Probably will end up being Voldemort though.
Agreed. Lets make Dubravka captain.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:58 am

On ASM over-celebrating and getting a booking, I wouldn’t read much into that, it must have happened a hundred times in the PL to plenty of players.

That said, he’s certainly not captain material!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:16 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:58 am
On ASM over-celebrating and getting a booking, I wouldn’t read much into that, it must have happened a hundred times in the PL to plenty of players.
I know I'm overreacting to it, but even in the ground at the time it felt so small time. I know we're at a low ebb at the moment, but in the state we're in he should be grabbing the ball back out of the net in a winnable game, not wasting time. Especially in a game where he'd barely had an impact up to that point. At least when Ketsbaia went mental it was a winner...

Slim999
Shelvey's Precious

Post by Slim999 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:18 pm

all in all an easy win for Arsenal - but an improved performance by us where we at least threatened to score on half a dozen occasions

I'm confident of a win Vs Norwich and if we get it that will lift the camp

like to see Almiron start on Tuesday with fire in his belly.

Fernandez back in defence

is Dummet still crocked?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:32 pm

I didn't watch all of the second half yesterday, but Almiron certainly looked like he had something to prove when he came on. Lot of energy. Wouldn't be against seeing him start, but suppose it depends on formation and position. He seems to be a bit aimless when played oo central, asking to stay deeper and what not. Maybe behind Wilson in a three with two of ASM, Fraser or Joelinton on either side? Lewis, Fernandez, Schaer, Manquillo as a flat back four? Maybe Murphy involved if a back three with wingbacks, his crossing is very useful at times.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:16 pm

Cabella's Invincible Hair wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:32 pm
I didn't watch all of the second half yesterday, but Almiron certainly looked like he had something to prove when he came on. Lot of energy. Wouldn't be against seeing him start, but suppose it depends on formation and position. He seems to be a bit aimless when played oo central, asking to stay deeper and what not. Maybe behind Wilson in a three with two of ASM, Fraser or Joelinton on either side? Lewis, Fernandez, Schaer, Manquillo as a flat back four? Maybe Murphy involved if a back three with wingbacks, his crossing is very useful at times.
This. I'll go all out against Norwich though.. 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 hybrid high pressure & attack. Bring some new faces in (they will have a point to prove & impress the new manager)

Dubra
Manquillo Fernandez Schar Lewis
Willock Shelvey
Fraser/Murphy Miggy ASM
Wilson

Ritchie & Lascelles suspension could be a beautiful blessing in disguise as both have been poor and not of Premier League standard this season. Wouldn't mind them either both being shifted next summer or used as squad players.

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:38 pm

we win nxt 2 games we cud even be out relegasion zone which b amazin bt yeh unlikely but who nows, dnt think alls lost stil lots footie play yet

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:22 pm

gola wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:38 pm
we win nxt 2 games we cud even be out relegasion zone which b amazin bt yeh unlikely but who nows, dnt think alls lost stil lots footie play yet
Big ask, I think we need to win the next 2 to stand any chance of still being in the mix and bringing the right players in in Jan.

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:52 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:22 pm
gola wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:38 pm
Big ask, I think we need to win the next 2 to stand any chance of still being in the mix and bringing the right players in in Jan.
This. 6 outta 6 points is a MUST. Can't afford to drop any points against teams in and around us no more.. otherwise we're down for sure. <urgh>

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:50 am

yeh

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:17 am

Wilson hattrick incoming!

They’re due a loss…
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:57 am

lol i was thinkin bout him actualy. hope he starts comin gd again cos hes deffo got quality