Match day thread - NUFC V Burnley ( must must win )

originallad
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: Match day thread - NUFC V Burnley ( must must win )

Post by originallad » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:18 pm

Think someone mentioned before. Players looking a lot fitter and no injuries. Wtf was Bruce doing in training?!

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:19 pm

originallad wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:18 pm
Think someone mentioned before. Players looking a lot fitter and no injuries. Wtf was Bruce doing in training?!
Not training, mainly.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:33 pm

Joelinton's sharp uptake in form is an indictment on whatever the f*** Bruce was doing. Couple of weeks with actual tactical input and he's completely turned around. I haven't seen much football lately, but from what I have read here and elsewhere he's been one of our best players under Howe. And if Howe ends up converting him to an effective ball winning midfielder, completely pisses on Bruce who just played him up front and hoped for the best.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:42 pm

yeah

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:58 pm

Joelinton MOTM, everyone looks a lot lot fitter, didn't look leggy at all and we should have scored more, will be punished vs better sides. The ref was very very poor seen better refs at Gateshead games.

Nice to be able to be back at SJP and have a pint over a win.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:00 pm

Also let's enjoy it but they are an awful side, completely ran out of ideas under Dyche.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:06 pm

Get in!

More than worth the expense, won every game I've been to!

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:12 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:58 pm
Joelinton MOTM, everyone looks a lot lot fitter, didn't look leggy at all and we should have scored more, will be punished vs better sides. The ref was very very poor seen better refs at Gateshead games.

This. Miggy looked good too with his running, pace & energy down the right, could have scored a couple. Excellent finish by Wilson! Onwards and upwards now.. I feel we can get at Leicester and come out with a point or even all three with a bit of luck. <diva>

Only issue from today is maybe Willock (doesn't like the same player I can see why Arsenal got rid) needs dropping for either Hayden/Longstaff as in a two man midfield he's struggling to make a impact and his ball retention at times is awful.. as someone said he either needs to play further forward in a CAM/SS role with Hayden/Shelvey/Longstaff behind to give him protection and give him freedom as defensively he's mediocre and I feel his confidence has gone down due to that as in a two man midfield you have to track back and defend quite a bit compared to last season he was playing a three man midfield. Something like this at Leicester would be ideal (switch things up and we're away from home so gotta have some balance)

Dubra
Manquillo Fernandez Schar Lewis
Hayden Shelvey
Willock
Joe Wilson ASM

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:15 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:12 pm
Blue & Maroon wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:58 pm

This. Miggy looked good too with his running, pace & energy down the right, could have scored a couple. Excellent finish by Wilson! Onwards and upwards now.. I feel we can get at Leicester and come out with a point or even all three with a bit of luck. <diva>

Only issue from today is maybe Willock (doesn't like the same player I can see why Arsenal got rid) needs dropping for either Hayden/Longstaff as in a two man midfield he's struggling to make a impact and his ball retention at times is awful.. as someone said he either needs to play further forward in a CAM/SS role with Hayden/Shelvey/Longstaff behind to give him protection and give him freedom as defensively he's mediocre and I feel his confidence has gone down due to that as in a two man midfield you have to track back and defend quite a bit compared to last season he was playing a three man midfield. Something like this at Leicester would be ideal (switch things up and we're away from home so gotta have some balance)

Dubra
Hayden Shelvey
Willock
Joe Wilson ASM
Can't be dropping Miggy imo

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:22 pm

Captain Obvious wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:15 pm
Sanchino wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:12 pm

Dubra
Hayden Shelvey
Willock
Joe Wilson ASM
Can't be dropping Miggy imo
You lose a lot defensively by dropping him, needs to prove himself going forward though, hopefully that will come as Howe builds. Hes so one footed its painful too. We will see, I like Joelinton playing deeper, off the centre backs where he can win his battles and help dictate the play, not a chance I'd play him on the wing/up top atm, not got the confidence.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:43 pm

Came on to have a dig at Bruce regarding whatever he was doing in training and seen I've been beaten to it <laugh>

Fitness levels are night and day, Joelinton once again one of our best players, I noticed him running around in extra time like it was the first minute. I'm glad he's finally getting fans behind him, always seen glimpses of his hard work and footwork as well as his hold up play. Howe is really bringing these attributes out in him, I'm hoping the increased confidence lately will lead to some more goals, he really seems to be enjoying his football atm.
Also got to give credit to Lewis, he's been great since he's come back into the first team, played so much more positively than he ever did under Bruce.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:53 am

I think u can drop willock for hayden. Im not sure he's providing much and hayden better defensively. Can let almiron get forward more too
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

originallad
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by originallad » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:02 am

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:53 am
I think u can drop willock for hayden. Im not sure he's providing much and hayden better defensively. Can let almiron get forward more too
Willock is wasted in the roll he's playing. If he hasn't got the freedom to bomb up forward the I agree, may as well put Hayden in, would shore up our defense a bit. But games like this he should have more of a license to attack which I think he's been told to minimise some what.

Miggy looks a better player already under Howe like Joelinton.

f***ing hell Bruce, what were you doing with these players all those years?!

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:34 am

It’ll be suicide if we play Willock / Shevely in CM against the likes of Man C and Liverpool.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:18 am

UlversToon wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:06 pm
Get in!

You survived <diva>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:14 pm

If I was to reluctantly delve into some of the negatives from yesterday, Id point to Willock and Almiron not being up to expected standards, I wouldn't go as far to say they should be dropped but I think they could offer more, But I'm willing to wait to see improvement from them.

Miggy I think lacks a lot of concentration at times either that or he has a poor footballing brain, his decision making can be so bad. I honestly can see us looking to strengthen his position in January.

Willock just seems off the pace and I don't know what's going on with him, he's lost his smile if that makes any sense, I think maybe the slow start has got to his head after what seemed like a tough move for him. Hopefully the win can bring something out.

Overall I though yesterday probably wasn't one of our best performances, A few did look like they just hadn't turned up, but everyone put in enough in the end. As a side note I did like how we attacked and stayed balanced after we scored, it took pressure off the whole team, previously we would have sat back and eventually caved in to the oppositions free unlimited attacks.

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:35 pm

Worth mentioning that the atmosphere in the second half yesterday was amazing. It grew in strength and feeling as the game wore on, undoubtedly helped.
Best atmospheric feeling for a long long time.
There was tangible belief in the team , it’s shape and most importantly hope is back even if it was not the greatest of opposition but we went at them second half and should have been more comfortable. The spell in the game when we had five corners in a row mid way through should have yielded another goal.
Felt like Newcastle were starting positively on the long road back yesterday , united.
Clydeside & Tyneside

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:55 pm

Oval85 wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:18 am
UlversToon wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:06 pm
Get in!

You survived <diva>

Only just!

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:51 pm

seaside nipper wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:35 pm
Worth mentioning that the atmosphere in the second half yesterday was amazing. It grew in strength and feeling as the game wore on, undoubtedly helped.
Best atmospheric feeling for a long long time.
There was tangible belief in the team , it’s shape and most importantly hope is back even if it was not the greatest of opposition but we went at them second half and should have been more comfortable. The spell in the game when we had five corners in a row mid way through should have yielded another goal.
Felt like Newcastle were starting positively on the long road back yesterday , united.
It was similar for the Norwich game, it really does feel like a different club at the moment. And that's for middling performances against relegation rivals.