newcastle watford today!

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Re: newcastle watford today!

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:00 pm

gola wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:32 am
seems thst wenever we bring asm off and almiron on things mess up. i love almiron bt twice now hes come on and not done wat hes been brort on 2 do. that goal yday was down his side
Wish he'd anticipated that move on Saturday, but also thought that play highlighted Dummett understandably lost even more pace, either permanently or temporarily (fair play, it was 90 minutes after being off for ages). I fear him having to track and keep up with wingers down his side - even though I know he's historically kept good positioning and awareness to compensate for his mediocre athleticism.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:24 pm

I fear for whoever is playing at left back v Leeds and having to cover Raphinha as ASM in front won't be doing f*** all.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:13 am

Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:00 pm
gola wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:32 am
seems thst wenever we bring asm off and almiron on things mess up. i love almiron bt twice now hes come on and not done wat hes been brort on 2 do. that goal yday was down his side
Wish he'd anticipated that move on Saturday, but also thought that play highlighted Dummett understandably lost even more pace, either permanently or temporarily (fair play, it was 90 minutes after being off for ages). I fear him having to track and keep up with wingers down his side - even though I know he's historically kept good positioning and awareness to compensate for his mediocre athleticism.
yeh gd point dummet probs more a lcb in a back 3 now. hope lewis is bk for leeds. mad tho innit, howe has had play 4 diff lb's in his games since takin over bt he doesnt complain 2 f*** like bruce did bout injuries

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:33 am

I suppose the positive is Manquillo will be available, so while he'd be out of position I'd throw him back in. Maybe even him right Trippier left.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:42 am

Colly wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:33 am
I suppose the positive is Manquillo will be available, so while he'd be out of position I'd throw him back in. Maybe even him right Trippier left.
nah i'd prefer to keep Trippier's crossing ability

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:59 am

Yeah Manquillo at LB for me.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:15 pm

I'm not picky, they can swap every ten minutes for me as long as they're both on...

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:18 pm

The trouble is we want quick crosses into the box for Wood, if Trippier who will be our best crosser is on the left then we'll lose momentum if he presumably stops to cut back onto his stronger right foot. I'd rather play one of our best players in their best position.