Ekitike Close to signing for NUFC (DEAL CLOSE?)

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Ekitike Close to signing for NUFC (DEAL CLOSE?)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:08 am

Ekitike has me very excited. If all the talk of him is true and he's destined to be the next Henry/Mbappe.

Targett is a solid LB and will offer more than enough till we get to the summer.

<divax>
Last edited by Don Sholeone on Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Ekitike Fee Agreed/Targett Loan Agreed

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:10 am

They wanted €30m (£24.9m) fixed plus €10m (£8.3m) in realisable bonuses it looks like so a significant move!

Gayle packing his bags as we speak probably.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:18 am

Ekitike is only 19(i think) so he wouldn't need to be registered in the squad to play
I'll Hazard a guess

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:21 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:18 am
Ekitike is only 19(i think) so he wouldn't need to be registered in the squad to play
Even better!

Still no point hanging on to Gayle, never plays even when we need a goal / don't have any other forward. He did a job for a while and kept his head down, deserves some regular first team football somewhere.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:39 am

I wonder how we will use him, with him being so young and new to the league do we push him out wide or throw him up top with Wood on the bench or does he play alongside Wood?

Paco
First Night Blues
First Night Blues

Post by Paco » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:45 am

Petition for Ekitike's song be his name sung to the tune of Chiquitita by ABBA.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:46 am

I think initially it would be off the bench, especially if Lingard comes in who'd be a guaranteed started (ASM/Wood/Lingard as the attacking three).

Aldridge Prior
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor

Post by Aldridge Prior » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:45 am

Not sure about Ekitike, seems so raw (like my penis).

YouTube videos aren't exactly a great source but he doesn't seem all that quick or skillful, and is unnervingly gangly. I just hope Howe has a say in this and wants him.

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:46 am

All for good experienced bodies in but this is going back to the Pardew days of having 5 left backs or whatever.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:49 am

Aldridge Prior wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:45 am
Not sure about Ekitike, seems so raw (like my penis).
Good weekend then <roll>

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:51 am

Just think Dummett is fine there, Lewis was looking promising before his injury, Manquillo has been one of our most reliable players in recent years and then you've Burn who can cover there. That said Targett is an out and out left back with years of experience so I guess it makes sense. Haven't tried to work out which players will be left out of the squad but if we sign 4 over 21 (Trippier, Wood, Targett, Burn) then at a rough guess you'd say 1 of the GKs, Clark, Hendrick and Gayle (or maybe Ritchie)

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:55 am

I'd say Burn would be brought in to play centre back more than LB (just a bonus that he can cover there).

Clark won't feature / will be gone, so that just leaves Lascelles, Schar and Fernandez who has had injury issues.

Dummett to cover LB / CB too but again after such a long time out probably won't feature regularly.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:57 am

Matt Targett is a great signing.
I'll Hazard a guess

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:24 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:55 am
I'd say Burn would be brought in to play centre back more than LB (just a bonus that he can cover there).

Clark won't feature / will be gone, so that just leaves Lascelles, Schar and Fernandez who has had injury issues.

Dummett to cover LB / CB too but again after such a long time out probably won't feature regularly.
This. Manquillo is a right back also. I'm sick of seeing right footed players on the left back no matter how much effort they put in.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:54 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:

Dummett has been in and out of the lineup far too many in recent seasons to count on his form or fitness - and he's always been a rather limited safe pair of feet at LB to begin with. But I'm fine with him as an end of the bench semi-versatile defender.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:07 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:54 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:

Dummett has been in and out of the lineup far too many in recent seasons to count on his form or fitness - and he's always been a rather limited safe pair of feet at LB to begin with. But I'm fine with him as an end of the bench semi-versatile defender.
Clark is on his way to Boro with Hendrick I believe, also talk of Jamal Lewis going out on loan too, I wouldn't be too surprised to see Ritchie leave too.
I'll Hazard a guess

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:27 pm

Sounds like Ekitike deal is off as he doesn't feel Newcastle is the right club for him hearing Alassane Pléa may be an alternative in the background
I'll Hazard a guess

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:37 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:27 pm
Sounds like Ekitike deal is off as he doesn't feel Newcastle is the right club for him hearing Alassane Pléa may be an alternative in the background
Get the feeling this is over money. I'd imagine they are trying to get him a huge contract and we aren't willing to meet it. Otherwise why would this come out today after we have been chasing him half the window. Surely they would have decided before today that it wasn't the right move.

Note To Self

Post by Note To Self » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:43 pm

Or, more practically he thinks he could get a better move today if he holds a little longer.

Heading to Arsenal to replace Aubameyang would be more tempting if they pulled their finger out...

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:46 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:37 pm
lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:27 pm
Get the feeling this is over money. I'd imagine they are trying to get him a huge contract and we aren't willing to meet it. Otherwise why would this come out today after we have been chasing him half the window. Surely they would have decided before today that it wasn't the right move.
Agreed something fishy about it, not like Reims are flying in Ligue 1 at the moment.

Bamba Dieng is another alternative though that deal might be tricky as he's currently in Cameroon with Senegal (though saying that we would like most clubs have club reps there in a scouting capacity)
I'll Hazard a guess