http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Re: Match Thread: Newcastle v Everton

Post by Sanchino » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:05 pm

Micky Quim wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:56 pm
Sanchino wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:53 pm

This. We improved so much in the second half.. ASM showed his class, Willock everywhere, Shelvey was cool n' composed, Joelinton solid, Fraser with the important goal, Lascelles looked shaky but decent at times (still needs to be dropped for Burn), Targett looked decent if not unspectacular & finally another quality performance by Trippier who was not only excellent in both boxes (defensive / attacking) but his dead ball deliveries & what a strike!

All-round this bounds well for the future and also nice to see Bruno come on with a couple nice touches. I'll say same team for Villa except Burn in for Lascelles. Would like too see Bruno in there too but it's hard to drop any of the current midfield three. <scratch>
Except when he nearly took Gordons legs off....
Yeah that was a very rash and a poor tackle but in the second half he improved and controlled the tempo in midfield. Villa will be a different game and much tougher but I have a good feeling we'll get something out of it especially if we play liked we played in the second half. Oh yeah Wood was mainly anonymous but was great in the air and held the ball well at times. Wood is the type of player to look good in a Burnley type team and stand out because they play to his strengths (constant long balls, crosses & balls punted up to him) but I can see why other Prem teams didn't snap him over these last couple years because he lacks pace to run in behind / go past defenders because if he did have pace he would have 100% being at one of the top half teams in the Prem. Not saying he's not a solid signing and he's a solid experienced Prem level target-man but after this summer he shouldn't be our starting striker, keep him as a squad player at best. <ok>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:08 pm

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:11 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:08 pm
2 good 2 bad

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:19 pm

What a difference two games can make <awe>

As others have said, pretty good/steady performances by most which is pleasing. Standouts obviously being Trippier and ASM.

Dubravka didn’t have much to do other than pick the ball out of the net, Targett grew into the game but wasn’t too adventurous going forward (did put one decent ball into the box). Schar and Lascelles looked good most of the time bar one or two nervy moments.

I thought Joelinton again was our best midfielder, maybe the old Shelvey would’ve been sent off but he controlled himself in the second half. Willock improved a lot in the second half and like Leeds could have got on the scoresheet at the end. Tho I’d probably bring Bruno in v Villa as that’ll be a harder game and maybe need a bit more composure / control in CM.

ASM, brilliant performance and an easy 9/10. Fraser did a lot of running and fair play finally returned a goal but probably need to see him get more crosses into the box.

Wood again wins flick ons to nobody and had a weak header in the first half. He’s a focal point but we don’t play to his strengths so hard to see him doing much.

Overall an excellent 3 points and a decent 7.5-8/10 performance. When was the last time we won a home game by 2 goals?
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Crouching Shola Hidden Talent
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Crouching Shola Hidden Talent » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:25 pm

Great win. Took my girls to their first ever game vs Cambridge a few weeks ago and they thought that might be the general way of things (and considering how long I've been watching us I was inclined to agree), but tonight was such a break from what's been happening for the past decade.

Regardless of the result, it was nice to feel that optimism and positivity at times. Moans and groans, as well as cheers, are far better than then abject sound of nothing - it shows there is a bit of feeling back at the club. Even if we do happen to go down (let's hope not), there is so much more to feel hopeful for.
There is no sin except stupidity.

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:43 pm

fuckin yes

NeilT
Wood's Touch

Post by NeilT » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:56 pm

Brilliant result.. ASM is brilliant but needsto pass more.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:02 pm

NeilT wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:56 pm
Brilliant result.. ASM is brilliant but needsto pass more.
Honestly thought his decision making was good tonight. Did his own thing when he needed too but also seemed to look for the pass more often.

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:08 pm

targett actually imprsedd me a lot. very solid and quick, good positionin to

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:08 am

I wonder why one of Norway's richest investors was sitting right in front of Amanda during the game.
Edit: my answer is he is a fan <laugh>

Aldridge Prior
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor

Post by Aldridge Prior » Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:52 am

I need to go to bed but I'm still buzzing after that.

Amazing to have some pride in our club again <love>

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:00 am

Good morning, lads. What a great morning it is <badger>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:36 am

Had a dream last night that we won a match by two goals!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:46 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:36 am
Had a dream last night that we won a match by two goals!
You woke up erected as well, didn't you...

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:52 am

lol thats every mornin 4 me since i started on those xma tabs

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:53 am

Just basking in the result and performance last night. Great unity in the team and especially the crowd atmosphere, crackling and very loud on the third goal. Mixture of relief and euphoria.
One theme that runs through this particular fixture lately is Pickford. We really do get to him, he gets rattled and just cannot seem to handle ( see what I did there ) playing against us.
It’s seems it’s just too much for him just now.
Wee lamb

🤣
Clydeside & Tyneside

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:00 am

seaside nipper wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:53 am
Just basking in the result and performance last night. Great unity in the team and especially the crowd atmosphere, crackling and very loud on the third goal. Mixture of relief and euphoria.
One theme that runs through this particular fixture lately is Pickford. We really do get to him, he gets rattled and just cannot seem to handle ( see what I did there ) playing against us.
Wee lamb

🤣
I don't think this helped
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

NeilT
Wood's Touch

Post by NeilT » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:10 am

Excellent.... Pickford must have been sick of his life last night as soon as he got a whiff of the ball the crowd Booed!!!! Brilliant. And an excellent performance from the players too. Trippier's face once he scored was priceless. Looks like is going to be a player that puts his heart and soul into it.. A bit reminiscent of King Kevin as a player back in the day.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:25 am

Yeah trippier is fully committed and a total pro. In his post-match interview he referred to us as 'my club' etc., even though he's only been here a short time you can tell that he cares and wants to succeed. Exactly the type of character we need, and bundles of quality to go with it.

Just occurred to me that Targett can't play v Villa on Sunday so will be interesting to see if Howe goes for Manquillo at LB who came on and did well v Leeds and is usually reliable or whether he plays Dan Burn there.

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:34 am

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:00 am
seaside nipper wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:53 am
Wee lamb

🤣
I don't think this helped
If I was to open a bar for the financially challenged it would have to be called The Pickford Arms.
Ideal fit for those with short arms and deep pockets.
Clydeside & Tyneside