Chelsea Takeover Agreed

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Chelsea Takeover Agreed

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:21 pm

Not a lot of information as to exactly what's happening here. Stepping down as chairman or losing the club outright?
Last edited by Don Sholeone on Sat May 07, 2022 8:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Re: Abramovich Stepping Down as Chelsea Owner?

Post by lassassinblanc » Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:51 pm

Basically I'm still the owner but all the bank statements and funds are under a different name so they can't take away the clubs funding.
I'll Hazard a guess

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:54 pm

Shithouse needs all his assets seizing and a ban from entering the country.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:55 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:51 pm
Basically I'm still the owner but all the bank statements and funds are under a different name so they can't take away the clubs funding.
Problem with that is there won't be any loopholes, if there is even a sniff if his involvement and he receives sanctions then those avenues get shut down regardless. It feels like he know they are coming and maybe actually care about what happens to the club or he at least wants to spin it that way. Seems to be a lot of confusion right now.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:43 am

Abramovich sanctioned by the UK government, asset freeze impacts Chelsea massively!

They can only fullfil matches, players still paid, but no more ticket sales, club cannot be sold, no transfers, no merchandise/commercial sales/income.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Abramovich/Chelsea Hit by Sanctions (Club Sale is Off)

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:51 am

<laugh>

What a s*** show. Deserves them right for chanting his name before the Burnley match.

Time to move for Rudiger <roll>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:59 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:51 am
<laugh>

What a s*** show. Deserves them right for chanting his name before the Burnley match.

Time to move for Rudiger <roll>
The insane thing is this will probably impact them for a while, essentially could play behind closed doors next season if they can't take money for next seasons tickets etc. Also players and staff will probably have to pay for travel and accommodation for the foreseeable future, I know it's nothing to them but I can't see them being happy in that situation. Not to mention all the uncertainty that's going to come with it. I wonder if some players could argue for cancellation of their contracts as they cannot be sold and the time frame for all this seems indefinite.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:59 am

Good.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:01 am

It could get messy. Wouldn't surprise me though if the club came to some sort of agreement with the Government to allow the sale or something.

Does it mean that no away fans can attend games at Stamford Bridge? Presumably our fans can go on Sunday as tickets are already sold.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:06 am

"BBC Sport understands the Premier League was informed 15 minutes before it was announced.

The Government are putting in place a licence to ensure the club can fulfil its fixtures, staff and players can be paid, and as a significant cultural asset that it can continue.

This is about Roman Abramovich not being able to make any money or benefit from Chelsea FC.

Season ticket holders can still attend games they have tickets for but club can not now sell any more tickets that haven’t been sold already

The merchandise shop will be closed."

So sounds like any fans who bought tickets before the sanction can still go.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:18 am

I honestly don't know how I feel about it all to be honest, I know they have said it's aimed at Abramovich only but Chelsea can only exist in this form because of him, surely for the most part everything goes hand in hand. Say Tuchel has the worst run in premier League history would they be able to sack him? I do feel for the fans, I know some chanted for RA but that wasn't all the fans.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:22 am

Whilst it's not the fans fault, they've had it good for the best part of 20 years. Of course given where our money comes from, it will also be a case of people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones as it's not beyond the realms of possibility that fast-forward 15-20 years and we're in a similar position.

As everyone knows, the entire PL is pretty much underpinned with dirty money so where is the line drawn?

Steve9

Post by Steve9 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:40 am

I’m a Chelsea fan with a soft spot for Newcastle having worked there for a few years. As the saying goes, let he who is without sin cast the first stone. The Saudi regime is every bit as evil as Putin!

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:40 am

Does this mean Boris Johnson is now effectively in control at Chelski? If so I can see us getting a result on Sunday!

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:42 am

UlversToon wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:40 am
Does this mean Boris Johnson is now effectively in control at Chelski? If so I can see us getting a result on Sunday!
<laugh>

Well didn't the Tory party receive significant donations from Russians? Maybe Boris should be sanctioned <laugh>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:07 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:22 am
Whilst it's not the fans fault, they've had it good for the best part of 20 years. Of course given where our money comes from, it will also be a case of people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones as it's not beyond the realms of possibility that fast-forward 15-20 years and we're in a similar position.

As everyone knows, the entire PL is pretty much underpinned with dirty money so where is the line drawn?
The difference for us is we are quite closely and openly allied with Saudi Arabia. If anything this latest conflict pushes Saudi closer to us, talk is of forgetting about Russia as a long term provider and turning towards Saudi for the things like gas and oil. The same will be true for Qatar too.

For all the criticism of SA, rightly or wrongly the fact is they are very closely allied to the west, those criticising their involvement in Yemen and comparing it to the situation in Ukraine conveniently forget what's happening in Yemen is a coalition that involves the west and includes NATO to an extent. Again rightly or wrongly theses actions are all tied to the nation's that put these sanctions forward.

DDuc
Hewf, Hewf, Hewf, Tactical Inept Mince
Hewf, Hewf, Hewf, Tactical Inept Mince

Post by DDuc » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:14 am

The same should happen to us. I won't hold my breath though.
Garrus Vakarian wrote:It's so easy to see the galaxy in black and white, but grey? I don't know what to do with grey...
My Ambition Knows No Bounds
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:20 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:42 am
UlversToon wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:40 am
<laugh>

Well didn't the Tory party receive significant donations from Russians? Maybe Boris should be sanctioned <laugh>
Sectioned not sanctioned! <whistle>
Last edited by UlversToon on Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:21 am

Interesting !
The now sanctioned owner of Chelsea in the pocket of Putin and The Tories. Couldn’t make this up !
Quite incredible the leverage that Roman Abramovich was granted ahead of this all coming together.
Dispose of his property assets in the area, clean up the undoubted other dubious dealings with the Conservative MPs and influencers in cabinet.
Incredible that now it’s all hands on pump and let’s get this sale asap and to hell with all the hand wringing and angst in blocking the Newcastle takeover and the chiselling away at them
Amazing how when needs must and influence is brought to the fore , things can happen.
I wonder if the Tories will want to review the next batch of potential purchasers of the club then tell the Premier League that they are fit and proper.
An absolute disgrace and exercise in mass hypocrisy
🤣🤣
Clydeside & Tyneside

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:43 am

Wow !!
You’d need to take the rest of the day to digest this little lot

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... Russia.pdf
Clydeside & Tyneside