France (Benzema)

Re: Football Titbits

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:43 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:46 am
Timshorts 2 wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:42 pm
Here we go again.

The greedy 5 - Barcelona, Real, manu, Liverpool, juve behind this, I have little doubt.

The 2 Spanish clubs have created their own downfall. Their league was no different to ours a couple of decades ago, but whereas the Premier league saw the advantages in trying to share out money between members a little equitably so as to promote a high degree of parity and thus entertainment, real and barca fought for a TV deal that means that they pocket as much TV cash as they possibly could to the detriment of every other top flight Spanish club.

The net result is that nobody really wants to pay to watch it. Its as exciting as watching scottish football. Apart from el boreico, the best games to watch are those that don't feature the top two - yet the only games that are put on are real v alsoran and barca v cupcake. F that.
Same clubs who don't want pesky teams like Atalanta, Malaga or Leicester to play in the Champions League on merit. Why should the likes of Liverpool or Barca be punished with no European football when they have a poor season? <fist>
Ah franchise football, what a joy it would be, Liverpool getting into the championship play offs again after coming 6th out of the 10 in their group, beating the token Romanian side to reach the grand final. Barca and Real play each other 6 times a season, 5 of them end in a nil nil draw resulting in league rules changing to golden goal in unlimited amounts of extra time, 4 players collapse the next season. Meanwhile lower league football in the UK is all but dead, a newcastle side beat Berwick Rangers to win the Northern League crown for another year, this guarantees us entry to the FA cup 2nd qualifying round.

It's just arse, the whole idea, football is great because despite the financial differences anyone can beat anyone, there is magic in all the cups and Gateshead or Havant & Waterlooville could find themselves in the PL and Leeds battling against relegation to League 2. f*** the super league, in any form .

Timshorts 2
Portugal (Man baby)
Portugal (Man baby)

Post by Timshorts 2 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:12 pm

Looville v Liverpool would be interesting. Of course, ffp is designed to ensure that it could never happen. I can just imagine klopp complaining that his team couldn't play on that slope.
Merthyr seem to score going down the hill but concede when the other side is going uphill. At least gateshead is flat.
Has anyone seen a list of clubs that are supporting this?

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:46 am

Timshorts 2 wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:12 pm
Looville v Liverpool would be interesting. Of course, ffp is designed to ensure that it could never happen. I can just imagine klopp complaining that his team couldn't play on that slope.
Merthyr seem to score going down the hill but concede when the other side is going uphill. At least gateshead is flat.
Has anyone seen a list of clubs that are supporting this?
I'd take a wild guess that the only clubs backing it atm are Barca, Real and Juventus

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:02 am

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:43 pm
biggeordiedave wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:46 am

Same clubs who don't want pesky teams like Atalanta, Malaga or Leicester to play in the Champions League on merit. Why should the likes of Liverpool or Barca be punished with no European football when they have a poor season? <fist>
Ah franchise football, what a joy it would be, Liverpool getting into the championship play offs again after coming 6th out of the 10 in their group, beating the token Romanian side to reach the grand final. Barca and Real play each other 6 times a season, 5 of them end in a nil nil draw resulting in league rules changing to golden goal in unlimited amounts of extra time, 4 players collapse the next season. Meanwhile lower league football in the UK is all but dead, a newcastle side beat Berwick Rangers to win the Northern League crown for another year, this guarantees us entry to the FA cup 2nd qualifying round.

It's just arse, the whole idea, football is great because despite the financial differences anyone can beat anyone, there is magic in all the cups and Gateshead or Havant & Waterlooville could find themselves in the PL and Leeds battling against relegation to League 2. f*** the super league, in any form .
Imagine an advert break every time the ball goes out of play <awe>
Kindly deeds done for free!

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:08 am

Atsu still missing after 9 days <grim>

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:10 am

biggeordiedave wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:08 am
Wait I thought he was found a few days ago?
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:26 am

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:10 am
biggeordiedave wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:08 am
Wait I thought he was found a few days ago?
His agent has confirmed he is still missing and that those initial reports of him being found were false. Apparently they have found some of his belongings and that thermal imaging has shown signs of five people (he has a wife and 3 kids) but he still hasn't actually been found.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:02 pm

Feb 16 (Reuters) - Nottingham Forest have asked the Premier League to let them reinstate centre back Steve Cook in their 25-man squad after their two defenders, Scott McKenna and Willy Boly, picked up injuries in Saturday's match against Fulham

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:22 pm

Tsi wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:02 pm
Feb 16 (Reuters) - Nottingham Forest have asked the Premier League to let them reinstate centre back Steve Cook in their 25-man squad after their two defenders, Scott McKenna and Willy Boly, picked up injuries in Saturday's match against Fulham
Tough?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:37 pm

Tsi wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:02 pm
Yeah surely that’s just bad luck? Can’t recall others being allowed, other than if there are numerous keepers’ injured.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:12 pm

Maybe not sign sixty thousand players in the two windows rendering the squad somewhat bloated and having to leave 'fringe' players out. I agree with the above, tough.

Even with the keeper thing, I seem to recall we weren't allowed an emergency loan after injuries to the two first choice keepers because we had (I think) Forster out on loan, and classed as a senior keeper. So forced to rely on poor Jak Alnwick, who never quite recovered from that baptism of fire.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:36 pm

Cabella's Invincible Hair wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:12 pm
Maybe not sign sixty thousand players in the two windows rendering the squad somewhat bloated and having to leave 'fringe' players out. I agree with the above, tough.

Even with the keeper thing, I seem to recall we weren't allowed an emergency loan after injuries to the two first choice keepers because we had (I think) Forster out on loan, and classed as a senior keeper. So forced to rely on poor Jak Alnwick, who never quite recovered from that baptism of fire.
Seem to remember being at a game ( 3 3 vs Burnley) in which Dummett scored a terrific header against Alnwick <awe> <laugh>

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:21 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-64675842
Wtf is it with some football fans that they think this is in some way fun. I mean feckn coin throwing, take someone’s eye out that would.
Also watched KDB the other night as he walked round the park getting various drinks and objects thrown at him.
Maybe I’m old and not game but in what world is this somehow considered appropriate to do this presumably cos you hate the opposition
I must be missing something …maybe it’s the shandies or maybe the snow
Absolute pond life behaviour.
Clydeside & Tyneside

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:00 pm

f***ing scum and sadly there's a lot of people like that in society. Too many people don't give a s*** about anyone or anything, it's also like the people who sit in a car park eating their McDonald's and just chuck the rubbish onto the floor, wankers who sit on buses/trains blasting music from their phone etc.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:16 pm

seaside nipper wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:21 am
Wtf is it with some football fans that they think this is in some way fun. I mean feckn coin throwing, take someone’s eye out that would.
Also watched KDB the other night as he walked round the park getting various drinks and objects thrown at him.
Maybe I’m old and not game but in what world is this somehow considered appropriate to do this presumably cos you hate the opposition
Totally agree on all counts. This is maybe a cliche answer, but I think the anonymity allowed with scumbag online behaviour has absolutely carried over to environments like that where people wrongly think they don't have to be accountable for themselves, and they're entitled to behave like twatwaffles.

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:11 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:16 pm
seaside nipper wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:21 am
Totally agree on all counts. This is maybe a cliche answer, but I think the anonymity allowed with scumbag online behaviour has absolutely carried over to environments like that where people wrongly think they don't have to be accountable for themselves, and they're entitled to behave like twatwaffles.

Yeah it kind of feels all too often now that there is a generation (or two) of entitled feral r soles with zero respect for anything or anyone now acting ( especially in a group ) the big I AM.
I was rather astonished that the guy that assaulted Ramsdale was 35 yo. Hopefully he’s not a father or a husband ffs, the mind boggles.
Edit to add: I’m getting old now penning stuff like this , never thought I’d have seen tbe day 🤣🤣
Clydeside & Tyneside

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:52 pm

Barcelona in more financial trouble as Marcos Alonso transfer from Chelsea reported to FIFA
And like every time they've been reported f*** all will happen.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:32 pm

seaside nipper wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:11 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:16 pm

Yeah it kind of feels all too often now that there is a generation (or two) of entitled feral r soles with zero respect for anything or anyone now acting ( especially in a group ) the big I AM.
I was rather astonished that the guy that assaulted Ramsdale was 35 yo. Hopefully he’s not a father or a husband ffs, the mind boggles.
Edit to add: I’m getting old now penning stuff like this , never thought I’d have seen tbe day 🤣🤣
You bet. Although I wouldn't narrow it to any one or two particular generations. Old and young alike love the safety of the internet to rant and rave, and I think it's carried over to victim complexes that allow a lot of people to justify outrageously disrespectful behaviour towards others.

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:18 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:32 pm
seaside nipper wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:11 pm

You bet. Although I wouldn't narrow it to any one or two particular generations. Old and young alike love the safety of the internet to rant and rave, and I think it's carried over to victim complexes that allow a lot of people to justify outrageously disrespectful behaviour towards others.
Yeah.
I just found it infuriating then quite sad that as one of the best footballers in modern times walks aside a pitch that some mutants first thought is I’m gonna bottle him, let’s throw stuff at him !?
Anyway it appears we are far from having a monopoly on this kinda stuff. No legislating for the stupidity or scumbaggery of some sorts.
Some folk, if they are capable, need to take a look at themselves, it’s a game of football ffs.
No doubt they’d do the same if it was cricket or crown green bowling. 🤣
Clydeside & Tyneside

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:33 pm

With all the usual objections to SA/Qatar/Dubai etc, I think the most worrying part in terms of ownership is that these nations will end up owning multiple top clubs in Europe. There will be mass collusion in the future guaranteed.

Think football has backed itself into a corner by forcing these nations to improvise with their ownership models. Should just accept these as state owners and limit the amount of ownership to 1 club per confederation. What's to stop Saudi or Qatar making 20 shell companies and have them owning the whole of the PL.