Eriksen to NUFC? No, Eriksen to MUFC

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Eriksen to NUFC?

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:49 am

No ambition!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:54 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:15 am
Off to Man United
Hope he gets to start regularly but if they get De Jong in.. plus Bruno Fernandes is a guaranteed starter & then you have Fred, etc. Where will he fit in? But fair do's to the guy what a turn around from nearly dying on a football pitch to playing for Man United. Good on him. Wish him well.. No disrespect to Brentford but he literally turned there season around as soon as he came in and you can tell he was destined to go back to the top / elite level of football. Shame it's United not us but hopefully we'll get someone young and in there prime like Tielemens/Paqueta.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:04 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:54 am
lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:15 am
Off to Man United
Hope he gets to start regularly but if they get De Jong in.. plus Bruno Fernandes is a guaranteed starter & then you have Fred, etc. Where will he fit in? But fair do's to the guy what a turn around from nearly dying on a football pitch to playing for Man United. Good on him. Wish him well.. No disrespect to Brentford but he literally turned there season around as soon as he came in and you can tell he was destined to go back to the top / elite level of football. Shame it's United not us but hopefully we'll get someone young and in there prime like Tielemens/Paqueta.
I think De Jong wants to stay at Barcelona, and no offence to Fred (who I think gets too much stick and is actually a great player) but if he starts ahead of Eriksen then ten Haag should be sacked.
I'll Hazard a guess

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:30 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:04 pm
Sanchino wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:54 am

I think De Jong wants to stay at Barcelona, and no offence to Fred (who I think gets too much stick and is actually a great player) but if he starts ahead of Eriksen then ten Haag should be sacked.
Yeah agreed, but only reason I think Fred might start is because they'll need a balance of defence/attack in midfield.. if they play Fernandes, Eriksen and say Van De Beek (a favourite of ten Haag while at Ajax) then they'll be too exposed/open and lacking a enforcer/ball-winner that's where maybe Fred/McTominey come into play but I don't know there of the required quality to be regularly starting for United they need a Viera, Keane sort of figure in midfield someone who makes tackles, wins the ball and actually be a match winner in the engine room with leadership and power. With ten Haag they may be more pleasing and attractive on the eye with there style of football but may be soft to play against and I don't see them breaking into the top 4 with Chelsea/Tottenham/Arsenal making improvements.

Anyway good luck to them and Eriksen. I'm sure he'll get plenty of games (Europa League/cup competitions, etc). Can't blame him for giving it another go with a top 6 side. Would've been nice to see him at Spurs again (Champions League football, Conte). <ok>

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:34 pm

shame

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:16 pm

I think it's a good move for Eriksen, IMO he walks into their midfield.

I know VdB did well at Ajax under Ten Haag but 3 different managers in the PL haven't been able to get a tune out of him so he's still got to fight his way into that team whereas Eriksen can automatically step in and start pulling the strings.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:58 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:30 pm
lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:04 pm

Yeah agreed, but only reason I think Fred might start is because they'll need a balance of defence/attack in midfield.. if they play Fernandes, Eriksen and say Van De Beek (a favourite of ten Haag while at Ajax) then they'll be too exposed/open and lacking a enforcer/ball-winner that's where maybe Fred/McTominey come into play but I don't know there of the required quality to be regularly starting for United they need a Viera, Keane sort of figure in midfield someone who makes tackles, wins the ball and actually be a match winner in the engine room with leadership and power. With ten Haag they may be more pleasing and attractive on the eye with there style of football but may be soft to play against and I don't see them breaking into the top 4 with Chelsea/Tottenham/Arsenal making improvements.

Anyway good luck to them and Eriksen. I'm sure he'll get plenty of games (Europa League/cup competitions, etc). Can't blame him for giving it another go with a top 6 side. Would've been nice to see him at Spurs again (Champions League football, Conte). <ok>
Oh indeed, and I do think he'll be rotated with Bruno Fernandes tbh, I've always thought VDB is more suited to that half ball winner/Playmaker role and could probably suit that role which is what he done while at Ajax , I think Man U believed him to be more of a total playmaker.

I always said Ball Winning usually don't get the love they deserve. Some people think a midfielder should be getting assists and making hollywood passes every week.
I'll Hazard a guess

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:14 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:16 pm
I think it's a good move for Eriksen, IMO he walks into their midfield.

I know VdB did well at Ajax under Ten Haag but 3 different managers in the PL haven't been able to get a tune out of him so he's still got to fight his way into that team whereas Eriksen can automatically step in and start pulling the strings.
You talk as if you cared <laugh>

Aldridge Prior
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor

Post by Aldridge Prior » Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:54 pm

I think it's a poor move for him, personally, but I hope he does well.

I feel like they'll need to spend daft money to improve on last season, they seem so disjointed. Great signing for them though.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:15 am

Maybe they simply offered him the best financial package and as it’s likely his last big money contract that’s his main motivation. We can all say it’s a perceived poor move for footballing reasons but who’s to say that’s what’s most important to him now? If it is then absolutely fair enough. Or it could be he really wants to work with Ten Haag again. We’ve all had good managers at work we’d like to work under again given the opportunity so football won’t be any different. Or maybe he’s relishing the challenge of trying to get Man U a bit closer to where they used to be.

Aldridge Prior
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor

Post by Aldridge Prior » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:26 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:15 am
Maybe they simply offered him the best financial package and as it’s likely his last big money contract that’s his main motivation. We can all say it’s a perceived poor move for footballing reasons but who’s to say that’s what’s most important to him now? If it is then absolutely fair enough. Or it could be he really wants to work with Ten Haag again. We’ve all had good managers at work we’d like to work under again given the opportunity so football won’t be any different. Or maybe he’s relishing the challenge of trying to get Man U a bit closer to where they used to be.
That's why I said 'personally' :bandit:

Ten Haag probably made the difference, as I suspect the money would've been offered by other clubs too.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:33 am

Yeah, had Ole or Ralph still been there I'd have been very surprised if he'd went there.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:15 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
He never actually worked with ten Haag at Ajax did he? He was only the manager there from 2017, and it was years before that that Eriksen left for spurs. Maybe admired him from a distance. I was surprised he went there myself, would've thought Spurs and Conte would offer the same and more. I think the chance to make manu great again could've had an appeal also.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:25 am

Cabella's Invincible Hair wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:15 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
He never actually worked with ten Haag at Ajax did he? He was only the manager there from 2017, and it was years before that that Eriksen left for spurs. Maybe admired him from a distance. I was surprised he went there myself, would've thought Spurs and Conte would offer the same and more. I think the chance to make manu great again could've had an appeal also.
Oh right, didn't realise!

Re: Spurs maybe it's a bit like an old relationship...you should never go back <laugh>