Transfer Rumours/Wishlist

Don Sholeone
Germany
Germany

Re: Transfer Rumours/Wishlist

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:37 am

It's all just very uninspiring, genuinely worried about this window now. Reports coming out that the Gordon saga has unsettled him.

Got to say I've lost a lot of confidence In the capabilities of the board. Lots of work to do to rebuild confidence with a lot of fans imo.

Also people love to say about where we were in the Ashley era, but you can guarantee people would be going mental if this was happening under his ownership. The chaos and lack of communication feels as amateurish as his era right now.

Over The Line
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Over The Line » Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:43 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:37 am
It's all just very uninspiring, genuinely worried about this window now. Reports coming out that the Gordon saga has unsettled him.

Got to say I've lost a lot of confidence In the capabilities of the board. Lots of work to do to rebuild confidence with a lot of fans imo.

Also people love to say about where we were in the Ashley era, but you can guarantee people would be going mental if this was happening under his ownership. The chaos and lack of communication feels as amateurish as his era right now.
It's almost like having a board of investors and property developers aren't fully equipped to run a football club. No idea what Eales is doing.

The sooner we bring in a proper DOF the better.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:46 pm

Miggy on his way to Saudi. Can't fault his effort and passion over the years but it's the right time to cash in on him. Miggy out, Elanga in?
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Over The Line
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Over The Line » Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:49 pm

Chappy wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:46 pm
Miggy on his way to Saudi. Can't fault his effort and passion over the years but it's the right time to cash in on him. Miggy out, Elanga in?
Can see Elanga coming in but not sure he's the statement RW signing we need.

Also the right time to cash in on Miggy would have been a year a go after his freak purple patch. We all knew that was never happening again.

Don Sholeone
Germany
Germany

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:59 pm

We need a statement signing at RW, whether we have the funds to do so is questionable. Elanga would again be an uninspired acquisition.

lassassinblanc
Belgium
Belgium

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Jul 01, 2024 1:00 pm

Knowing how it happened with Max , Miggy will be 10m <laugh>

Think Elanga will be a good move, also don't discredit move for Andreas Skov Olsen supposedly a flight scheduled from Dortmund this morning, Denmark played at Signal on Saturday, they would have had recovery session yesterday so could by all means be him.
I'll Hazard a guess

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:28 pm

DoF needs resolving ASAP but I don't understand this opinion of the board being inept because they had to shift players. Trying to improve the squad so quickly within constraints of PSR with very little (willingly) saleable assets is always a tough ask. Reading reports they wanted to sell Anderson in January but for injury crisis last season. I wonder if Almiron and Anderson moved then might have actually allowed us to retain Minteh. It's tough to sell players if they don't want to go.

On the whole I think our business since takeover has been satisfactory+. Not every signing is going to hit the ground running. Our record signing getting a 12 month after being here for 5 minutes really didn't help + injury crisis. We've so far held onto Bruno, Isak and Gordon when selling one of them would have resolved PSR issues for the foreseeable.

Think a bit of perspective is needed.

NoteToSelf
Wood's Touch

Post by NoteToSelf » Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:06 pm

If the club needed to recoup £60m in fees and managed to do so without selling Isak, Gordon, Guimaraes, Joelinton, Botman or Pope, I'd say they've done pretty well.

They've effectively met the criteria without needing to touch the first team (compare to Gordon/Richarlison for Everton, Brennan Johnson for Forest).

£65m for the pair seems good value.

Over The Line
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Over The Line » Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:09 pm

jpg wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:28 pm
DoF needs resolving ASAP but I don't understand this opinion of the board being inept because they had to shift players. Trying to improve the squad so quickly within constraints of PSR with very little (willingly) saleable assets is always a tough ask. Reading reports they wanted to sell Anderson in January but for injury crisis last season. I wonder if Almiron and Anderson moved then might have actually allowed us to retain Minteh. It's tough to sell players if they don't want to go.

On the whole I think our business since takeover has been satisfactory+. Not every signing is going to hit the ground running. Our record signing getting a 12 month after being here for 5 minutes really didn't help + injury crisis. We've so far held onto Bruno, Isak and Gordon when selling one of them would have resolved PSR issues for the foreseeable.

Think a bit of perspective is needed.
Agreed to a level, but if reports are to be believed (big if) then it sounds like a scramble during the last 24 hours to save ourselves from a 10 points deduction. Every man and his dog knew this deadline was coming. Appreciate it's tough to sell players who don't want to leave but to get to the point where Isak and Gordon are getting mentioned in conversations, something has gone wrong!

Don Sholeone
Germany
Germany

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:47 pm

Fact of the matter is we got ourselves into a terrible situation, nobody forced us to spend so much in such a short space of time. The situation is completely of the club's own making by spending beyond our means within the context of PSR.

I'd love and encourage us to sign a wealth of talent as a fan, of course, but at the end of the day the board are privy to all the important details and they have a responsibility to manage the finances properly.

If it meant not signing Tonali, Barnes or Livramento then so be it. If that's the cost of sticking to PSR then the club needs to make that decision, we need to know the owners will make the right decisions for the club and for me they haven't and gambled massively and escaped by the skin of their teeth.

Over The Line
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Over The Line » Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:56 pm

I feels like they were confident Bruno would go for 100m. They could blame the release clause and we'd be safe from a PSR point of view (almost exactly with the £70m ish profit from his sale.).

Not sure they had a solid plan B unless there is something going on with sponsorships. Training kit, training ground etc all seem easy wins to bring a bit more money in.

bodacious benny
Italy
Italy

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:14 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:59 pm
We need a statement signing at RW, whether we have the funds to do so is questionable. Elanga would again be an uninspired acquisition.
5 goals and 9 assists for quite a poor Forest team last season isn’t bad, and he’s only 22 so has a lot of potential. Tend to agree tho, would like to see a more established name as RW is key to sort.

There’s a long way to go this window so don’t think we can judge until the end, if Miggy and Wilson also go (combined with the £65m for Anderson & Minteh) then I think we’ll make some significant moves.

Elanga does improve the team compared to Miggys awful stats, Kelly is also an improvement on Dummett. So both incoming transfers so far are positive.

Edit: plus what, £15m or more for Ashworth? Add that to future PSR calculations on what we can spend (modern football is utter bollocks).
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Don Sholeone
Germany
Germany

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Jul 02, 2024 5:41 pm

I'd love to see Nico Williams come in, I know he predominantly plays left side but he can play on the right, I'd have him and Gordon interchange through a game to give us a different dimension, potentially include Isak in that too.

Some talk he may have a reasonable release clause too.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:10 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 5:41 pm
I'd love to see Nico Williams come in, I know he predominantly plays left side but he can play on the right, I'd have him and Gordon interchange through a game to give us a different dimension, potentially include Isak in that too.

50M Euros isn't it? The question looming over him has been whether he'll continue to show the Basque loyalty and want to stay as a long-serving player like his brother. Having won their first trophy in ages it remains to be seen whether that'll embolden him to stay and win more or feel like he can move on without guilt.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:52 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:10 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 5:41 pm

50M Euros isn't it? The question looming over him has been whether he'll continue to show the Basque loyalty and want to stay as a long-serving player like his brother. Having won their first trophy in ages it remains to be seen whether that'll embolden him to stay and win more or feel like he can move on without guilt.
Difficult one yeah but he would be a top quality addition and show a serious statement of intent to push for the top 4. Only thing is he may have more lucrative / better career options at a Champions League side (Barca, Liverpool, Arsenal, etc) and of course you got the Basque loyalty. I wouldn't mind going for his older brother who can play out wide and upfront... Ikaki Williams? <scratch>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:19 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:52 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:10 pm

Difficult one yeah but he would be a top quality addition and show a serious statement of intent to push for the top 4. Only thing is he may have more lucrative / better career options at a Champions League side (Barca, Liverpool, Arsenal, etc) and of course you got the Basque loyalty. I wouldn't mind going for his older brother who can play out wide and upfront... Ikaki Williams? <scratch>
Oh I completely agree, I think he's absolutely the quality of player we should be targeting - comparable to the Isak buy. I think the club got lucky buying him without too much attention, or him being shopped around, and with the eyes on Spain this summer I think as you said there'll be a lot more competition for Nico.

Timshorts 2
Ukraine
Ukraine

Post by Timshorts 2 » Tue Jul 02, 2024 9:17 pm

Not much chance of Nico Williams unless it is the wales/forest version who admittedly would make a decent squad player now we have lost a lot. He injects energy and can play in a few places.

I like that schouten in DM for netherlands. Tidy, and wants to play the ball forwards. With psv, so it's possible and shouldn't break the bank.

Valentino's fast feet
Portugal
Portugal

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Jul 02, 2024 10:44 pm

Timshorts 2 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 9:17 pm
Not much chance of Nico Williams unless it is the wales/forest version who admittedly would make a decent squad player now we have lost a lot. He injects energy and can play in a few places.

I like that schouten in DM for netherlands. Tidy, and wants to play the ball forwards. With psv, so it's possible and shouldn't break the bank.
Imagine if there were rumours of Nico Williams and Neco Williams turned up <laugh>
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

NoteToSelf
Wood's Touch

Post by NoteToSelf » Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:15 am

Timshorts 2 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 9:17 pm
For centre mid, with Tonali, Guimaraes, Joelinton, Willock, Miley and Longstaff, surely one would have to go before bringing in another Central Midfielder.

However, if he can play at Centre back it could be a canny succession pick for Schär.

lassassinblanc
Belgium
Belgium

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:44 pm

One we have scouted might be one to watch
I'll Hazard a guess