Transfer Rumours/Wishlist

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Re: Transfer Rumours/Wishlist

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:43 pm

Wonder if we are going to have a big summer window this year. FFP shouldn't really be a factor this time around imo, what with CL money, Adidas, Sponsorship and potential outgoings.

Got me thinking of how much we could realistically expect for some of our players that are rumoured to be on the way out

Wilson I think we should demand at least £20m if he's fit for half a season and still gets 10 goals at least i think £20m is realistic fee for someone to pay, especially in this market, he could be the difference between safety and relegation for some teams.

Almiron I guess we can expect similar to Maxi maybe a little more £25-30m

Trippier I think we would only get £10m due to age, for me what he brings to the team is much more valuable then £10m in the bank, personally I'd keep him for as long as possible but maybe manage his game time next season.

Joelinton, a bit of talk that he could have played his last game for us as he could be gone in the summer, I think £50-60m would be achievable for him, and the absolute low end I'd be disappointed in anything less than £35-40m.

Bruno, the biggest one to watch this year, he seems to genuinely like the club, I think we only sell for his release clause and the details of that I'm unsure on. I think £120m would be a fair price in the current market when far lesser players have hit the £100m mark.

I think the fringe and deadwood will be moved on hopefully these I doubt will impact the spending amount much, the likes of Ritchie, Dummett, Hayden, Hendrick, etc.

I don't expect all the listed player to all go this year but I can imagine at least 2-3 being shipped out.
Personally I can see Wilson, Almiron and Joelinton gone, Bruno I think we may keep 1 more year depending on the clause being met. So I think outgoings we can easily push towards the 90m mark in total, with added incomes maybe looking at a total of 150m to spend maybe.

In this scenario would mean we need to bring in at least another Forward (MGW, Sesko), Midfielder (Onana), RW.
Last edited by Don Sholeone on Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:12 pm

Agree with those outgoings. Although would prefer us to keep Joelinton, he is crucial to the way we play under Howe.

Don't need me to point out we've not had anything close to a fully fit squad since September - do we even know what our best XI yet? Makes me wonder if the club will want to keep its powder dry and assess the returning players for this summer before reinvesting. I do think the striker situation needs addressing as Wilson and Isak have been too injury prone to rotate.

Question for me is who is paying that much for those players you've suggested? Get the impression the jury is out on the Saudi league and whether they'll go hard on expensive imports again this summer. Also unclear on our place in the football food chain these days and where our best players would realistically be sold to. I wonder if we'd even sell to rival PL clubs we're in direct competition with so as not to set a precedent - that only leaves a handful of euro clubs to sell to: (Real, PSG, Bayern? Barca skint).

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:28 pm

jpg wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:12 pm
Agree with those outgoings. Although would prefer us to keep Joelinton, he is crucial to the way we play under Howe.

Don't need me to point out we've not had anything close to a fully fit squad since September - do we even know what our best XI yet? Makes me wonder if the club will want to keep its powder dry and assess the returning players for this summer before reinvesting. I do think the striker situation needs addressing as Wilson and Isak have been too injury prone to rotate.

Question for me is who is paying that much for those players you've suggested? Get the impression the jury is out on the Saudi league and whether they'll go hard on expensive imports again this summer. Also unclear on our place in the football food chain these days and where our best players would realistically be sold to. I wonder if we'd even sell to rival PL clubs we're in direct competition with so as not to set a precedent - that only leaves a handful of euro clubs to sell to: (Real, PSG, Bayern? Barca skint).
I could definitely see a PSG paying big money for Bruno. Joelinton would have plenty of suitors, domestically and abroad. Despite his injury record I think teams would be interested in Wilson, could see Almiron in Spain or Italy and the fee is more than reasonable.

All the soundings coming out of the club suggest that a big summer is in the offing. Fully fit I think we have a damn good team that would certainly be challenging for 5th, I don't think that a huge amount is needed to get back to CL again. Quality over quantity I think.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:40 pm

I think I'd cry if we sold Joelinton to another PL team.

Over The Line
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Over The Line » Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:46 pm

Wilson is 100% ending up at West Ham at some point in his career.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:09 pm

Over The Line wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:46 pm
Wilson is 100% ending up at West Ham at some point in his career.
Ousting his podcast mate from West Ham <laugh>

At his age and with his injury record he probably has one last PL move in him. He's clearly not going to play much past his mid 30s.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:34 pm

Maybe Brentford as a short term replacement for Toney? Chelsea and Man U both need an experienced striker that wouldn't necessarily start all the time. They'll definitely be a market for him if we want to shift.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:04 pm

Valentino's fast feet wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:34 pm
Maybe Brentford as a short term replacement for Toney? Chelsea and Man U both need an experienced striker that wouldn't necessarily start all the time. They'll definitely be a market for him if we want to shift.
Brentford isn’t a bad shout as they could in theory sell Toney for £70m, sign Wilson and have the best part of £50m left.

I think Poch favours youth and I don’t know if Wilson would want to he heavily rotated.

Over The Line
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Over The Line » Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:16 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:04 pm
Valentino's fast feet wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:34 pm
Brentford isn’t a bad shout as they could in theory sell Toney for £70m, sign Wilson and have the best part of £50m left.

I think Poch favours youth and I don’t know if Wilson would want to he heavily rotated.
Think Brentford have a similar model to Brighton. Buy young and sell high.

Can see a return to Bournemouth too if Solanke goes?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:25 pm

Wilson I could see at an Everton or Forest, maybe Palace, I definitely think he's still good enough for a top 10 PL side, but I think most have younger more reliable options. If we do look at Onana or MGW then Wilson could also be touted to those teams maybe.

Almiron will have plenty of suitors imo, Spain, Saudi, USA are all options I could see for him.

Joelinton isn't someone that I'd be happy to leave, I just feel that his time is probably up, contract nearing it's end and comments from Howe kinda make it feel inevitable, I'd hope the club drive his price up because I think there will be some top teams looking at him potentially.

Toney would be interesting if we went in for him, just doesn't seem like one we will look at though as Brentford will want upwards of 80-100m imo.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:25 am

Onana from Everton has done the rounds a lot, would fit the bill perfectly. He's only 22 and could be the tough tackling DM that we need, as we've seen it's not really a role that Bruno, Longstaff or Miley can perform. Although Joelinton is physical, he's by no stretch a DM either (and will possibly be leaving), so it's a key position to recruit to this summer. Arsenal are interested too, so won't be easy to land.

As well as that, key positions for me to fill will be RW (whether Miggy goes or not we need someone who can match Gordon's output on the other side), a younger CB who can be eased into the XI as Schar gets older, a striker (if Wilson goes) and a LB.

Over The Line
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Over The Line » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:33 am

Not exactly transfer related but rumours picking up Ashworth to Man U seems to be on.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:21 am

Over The Line wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:33 am
Not exactly transfer related but rumours picking up Ashworth to Man U seems to be on.
Would be a huge blow.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:25 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:21 am
Over The Line wrote:
Would be a huge blow.
Is Shola still about?

NoteToSelf
Wood's Touch

Post by NoteToSelf » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:05 pm

He's the clubs loan manager I believe.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:30 pm

Contract extension for Krath until summer 2025.

Makes sense - he won't be on huge wages, has done well whenever called upon, doesn't kick off that he doesn't play a lot, can cover a couple of positions.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:02 pm

I don't mind an extension for him, I think he still has value in the squad, I do worry about some of the dead wood though. If Dummett, Ritchie, Lascelles get new contracts this summer I'll be pretty annoyed.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:53 pm

Dummet and Ritchie should definitely go this summer, Lascelles can stay as 4th choice CB (if we bring in a new CB) for me.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:47 am

Over The Line wrote:
Looks like he's on his way.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:54 am

Surely this puts is behind more than losing any player at this time? Been here short of two years and only just building the network up, but such an integral member of the team to lose. Not to mention the information he may have that could aid a potential positional rival.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair