Transfer Rumours/Wishlist

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Re: Transfer Rumours/Wishlist

Post by Sanchino » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:42 pm

Valentino's fast feet wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:02 pm
I don't think it's a deal that benefits us right now, and while it could potentially benefit long term - not sure it's worth the risk. A straight swap does not benefit us right now - for one thing it has no impact on the PSR issues, no money will come in from losing Wilson, so we can't use that to potentially strengthen elsewhere. Right now, Wilson - whilst having injury issues - is a much better player than Broja, obviously Broja with the higher ceiling. I'd rather keep hold of the player we have, the experienced, clinical finisher that's been here a few years and part of the team. Than get rid of him in exchange for someone that has shown slivers of goodness, and might be good in a few years time.
Yeah this is a good point too.

Rumours of us going for Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg on loan from Spurs till the end of the season? Would people be happy with that? Gives us more numbers in the middle now that Big Joe's out and we don't know when Willock/Anderson are due back?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:50 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:42 pm
Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:02 pm
I don't think it's a deal that benefits us right now, and while it could potentially benefit long term - not sure it's worth the risk. A straight swap does not benefit us right now - for one thing it has no impact on the PSR issues, no money will come in from losing Wilson, so we can't use that to potentially strengthen elsewhere. Right now, Wilson - whilst having injury issues - is a much better player than Broja, obviously Broja with the higher ceiling. I'd rather keep hold of the player we have, the experienced, clinical finisher that's been here a few years and part of the team. Than get rid of him in exchange for someone that has shown slivers of goodness, and might be good in a few years time.

Rumours of us going for Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg on loan from Spurs till the end of the season? Would people be happy with that? Gives us more numbers in the middle now that Big Joe's out and we don't know when Willock/Anderson are due back?
I think he's a decent enough player, and it depends on the deal, in terms of how it effects everything else. Phillips on loan seemed the most logical move for all parties, and based on the length of time it took for the ultimate west ham deal to go through, I maintain that we could've got him if we wanted to. But they were asking too much in terms of loan fee and wage percentage. Could potentially been a long term option as well once he'd proved his fitness.

With Hojbjerg, so long as we aren't expected to play him week in week out - I think it's a sensible move. He might well play very regularly, but I don't like it to be enforced. Oddly enough as much as a lot of fans, myself included, slagged off Joelinton the 45m striker that was very s*** - he's very hard to replace in his role as a midfielder. I realise it happened by chance initially, but what a transformation.

Going to miss him, but I do think he's gone in the summer with all the noise about the contract situation.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Over The Line
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Over The Line » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:34 am

Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:50 pm
Sanchino wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:42 pm

I think he's a decent enough player, and it depends on the deal, in terms of how it effects everything else. Phillips on loan seemed the most logical move for all parties, and based on the length of time it took for the ultimate west ham deal to go through, I maintain that we could've got him if we wanted to. But they were asking too much in terms of loan fee and wage percentage. Could potentially been a long term option as well once he'd proved his fitness.

With Hojbjerg, so long as we aren't expected to play him week in week out - I think it's a sensible move. He might well play very regularly, but I don't like it to be enforced. Oddly enough as much as a lot of fans, myself included, slagged off Joelinton the 45m striker that was very s*** - he's very hard to replace in his role as a midfielder. I realise it happened by chance initially, but what a transformation.

Going to miss him, but I do think he's gone in the summer with all the noise about the contract situation.
I just can't imagine him playing for anyone else <wah>

He does have his limitations though and I suppose we should be looking to always improve every position. Hope it gets resolved though.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:17 am

I think I've said it before, but I see Bruno as more replaceable than Joelinton. I'm not saying Joe is better, but there are loads of technical playmaker midfielders around, but Joelinton is one of the most unique players I've seen at the club. The way he wins the ball high up is crucial to our press, and while he'll never be a truly creative attacking mid the way he carries the ball forward is a rare attribute in a CM.

I'll be gutted if he goes.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:06 am

Linked with Jacob Ramsey from Villa. Got to say some of these recent links worry me, decent players but absolutely nobody linked that elevates us, considering all the talk of a 1 in 1 out situation, why would we bother to do that if we didn't improve on what we have? Close the window now if that's all we are going to do.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:19 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:06 am
Linked with Jacob Ramsey from Villa. Got to say some of these recent links worry me, decent players but absolutely nobody linked that elevates us, considering all the talk of a 1 in 1 out situation, why would we bother to do that if we didn't improve on what we have? Close the window now if that's all we are going to do.
Tbf he looked superb last season before he got injured, but has struggled to get much of a look-in at Villa since returning to fitness as they've been playing so well. He seems a bit like Willock though, so I agree that IF Willock is fit then he doesn't really give us much that we haven't got, unless they still think Willock will be out for a while and Ramsey on loan (?) can cover him.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:27 am

Rumour is Villa want 50m+ for him. They won't loan him to us, not a chance, even if they offered that we pay a silly loan fee.

Admittedly getting a little fed up of us going for over priced english players. For as well as Livramento and Gordon have done we still probably over paid at the time for them, then we have £30m+ locked up in Hall who we don't use, 30-40m on a crocked Barnes. That's close to around £150m worth of players that if we are being honest haven't really elevated us from last season, if at all.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:50 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:27 am
Rumour is Villa want 50m+ for him. They won't loan him to us, not a chance, even if they offered that we pay a silly loan fee.

Admittedly getting a little fed up of us going for over priced english players. For as well as Livramento and Gordon have done we still probably over paid at the time for them, then we have £30m+ locked up in Hall who we don't use, 30-40m on a crocked Barnes. That's close to around £150m worth of players that if we are being honest haven't really elevated us from last season, if at all.
Absolutely not for £50m. Barnes was unlucky, I think he was a terrific signing to rotate with Gordon on the left but somehow has the worlds most severe broken toe. Having a Barnes/Gordon rotation during our intense fixture run would have been perfect. Livramento has shown that he's first team quality. Hall was definitely a punt that in hindsight wasn't a great move and that £30m is the only one I'd say that should have been invested in someone who was first team ready (or closer to it).
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:24 am

Chelsea also want £80m for Connor Gallagher which is laughable, but shows where the market is.

But it does highlight where we are with our squad at the moment, outside our star players we've nobody that we could sell for that much to enable us to make big moves elsewhere.

ASM went for what, £20m or so (which seemed cheap), if Miggy goes it'll be around £25m, Wilson (obviously he's older) would be around £20m. Only our crown jewels (Isak, Bruno, Botman) would attract that kind of money, whereas Chelsea can sell off some of their 'good squad players' for that.

NoteToSelf
Wood's Touch

Post by NoteToSelf » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:32 pm

Hence the signings of Kuol (~£350k), Heffernan, Minteh (~£7m), Ashby (~£3.4m), Harrison, etc...

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:57 am

By the sounds of what Howe said last night looks like they'll be no incoming.

Yet Forest have brought in about 100 players this window and are looking for more
I'll Hazard a guess

Over The Line
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Over The Line » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:01 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:57 am
By the sounds of what Howe said last night looks like they'll be no incoming.

Yet Forest have brought in about 100 players this window and are looking for more
I assume one big sale will come in Summer (MGW) and it'll cover most of what they've bought.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:56 pm

Nobody among the coaching or front office staff can convince we can't afford or benefit from at least a loan deal. Say what you want about how little depth other teams have too, but how many are without forwards as often as us?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:42 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:56 pm
Nobody among the coaching or front office staff can convince we can't afford or benefit from at least a loan deal. Say what you want about how little depth other teams have too, but how many are without forwards as often as us?
It's all circumstantial tho isn't it? Maybe there was few million £ wiggle room for a loan, but the players available weren't ones that we're interested in, and the club didn't see the value of bringing in a face just for the sake of an extra pair of legs. The entire transfer window has been slow for almost every club, almost non-existent actually. Very few clubs have done any business, which probably shows where the market is at the moment. If more moves had happened then it could have been a domino effect that saw more clubs make moves, but it never materialised. This has probably been the quietest transfer window that I can ever remember for the entire league.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:27 pm

I don't think Isak injury is too bad, Wilson hopefully back soon too.

Gordon can cover for a bit.

Unless there's a longer term injury to Isak I think we'll make do. Midfield is of course a worry
I'll Hazard a guess

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:37 pm

I used the forward reference, but when we've regularly been playing with so little depth of talent that Eddie is reticent to even make a sub, I just struggle to believe there's nobody out there at least worth of that. I don't want players for players sake, but the past several months' form illustrates the risk of running a thread bare side out match after match and inviting poor performance and more injuries.

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:04 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:24 am
Chelsea also want £80m for Connor Gallagher which is laughable, but shows where the market is.

But it does highlight where we are with our squad at the moment, outside our star players we've nobody that we could sell for that much to enable us to make big moves elsewhere.

ASM went for what, £20m or so (which seemed cheap), if Miggy goes it'll be around £25m, Wilson (obviously he's older) would be around £20m. Only our crown jewels (Isak, Bruno, Botman) would attract that kind of money, whereas Chelsea can sell off some of their 'good squad players' for that.
Chelsea need to get that much for him because they’ve spent a billion quid on I’m not quite sure what. Strange club.

Just checked, they spent a combined £150m on Mudryk and Cucurella alone <erk> <erk>

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:14 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:27 pm

Unless there's a longer term injury to Isak I think we'll make do. Midfield is of course a worry
This is the house of cards again though. We can just about put a side out with Gordon, Murphy and Almiron as the front 3 and no impact sub other than Ritchie. One of them gets an injury (or Gordon's suspension) and you're potentially playing Murphy up top, Tino as a winger and a series of unfancied players (Hall, Dummett, Ritchie) as your backup. Krafth and Tino are the only subs Howe would make bar an emergency. We're so paper thin.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:15 pm

Colly wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:14 pm
lassassinblanc wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:27 pm

This is the house of cards again though. We can just about put a side out with Gordon, Murphy and Almiron as the front 3 and no impact sub other than Ritchie. One of them gets an injury (or Gordon's suspension) and you're potentially playing Murphy up top, Tino as a winger and a series of unfancied players (Hall, Dummett, Ritchie) as your backup. Krafth and Tino are the only subs Howe would make bar an emergency. We're so paper thin.
It's the return of Rafa's short blanket
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:26 am