Transfer Rumours/Wishlist

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Re: Transfer Rumours/Wishlist

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:54 am

Haven't seen anything official from the club but looks like Gillespie will stick around next year
I'll Hazard a guess

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:56 am

Yeah I missed that Don suggested two defensive names.

We'll need a decent goalkeeper backup right? Karius and maybe Dubravka will leave.

I feel like this coaching staff has got the most out of our players. It used to be teams saying "that nufc player is under-utilised, we can get value from improving them", but not anymore. Almiron/Longstaff aren't gonna get better elsewhere, so less likely to get bought.
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:01 am

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:56 am
Yeah I missed that Don suggested two defensive names.

We'll need a decent goalkeeper backup right? Karius and maybe Dubravka will leave.

I feel like this coaching staff has got the most out of our players. It used to be teams saying "that nufc player is under-utilised, we can get value from improving them", but not anymore. Almiron/Longstaff aren't gonna get better elsewhere, so less likely to get bought.
I'd say Dubravka will stay unless we get a decent offer for him
I'll Hazard a guess

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:37 pm

Dubravka is a decent GK but I don't think he will ever fit into the style of play we want, he's just a shot stopper and one that has seen better days. Ideally want a back up GK who can play that sweeper keeper role, Pope is still one of the best at that in the league in terms of stats from last season.

Longstaff I dont think we would be able to get much more than £15m for because I can't really see a team in the top 15 that would want him, unfortunately he can't pass, doesn't assist, doesn't get goals, he doesn't really offer much of anything really beyond running about a bit, same boat as miggy for me.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:47 pm

On Targett, well as he did when we initially signed him….£100k a week!! Jesus wept. Even if he’s sold, nobody is paying that wage so we either sell on the cheap or we have to subsidise his wages as he won’t take a pay cut (and why should he, he get given a contract). I don’t mind if he stays tbh, if he gets fit he’ll be a handy squad player (now that Burn is a centre back again)) and will be able to do a job in the early stages of the conference league or Europa league next season if we qualify.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:23 pm

bodacious benny wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:47 pm
On Targett, well as he did when we initially signed him….£100k a week!! Jesus wept. Even if he’s sold, nobody is paying that wage so we either sell on the cheap or we have to subsidise his wages as he won’t take a pay cut (and why should he, he get given a contract). I don’t mind if he stays tbh, if he gets fit he’ll be a handy squad player (now that Burn is a centre back again)) and will be able to do a job in the early stages of the conference league or Europa league next season if we qualify.
I'm sorry if I've missed something but where are you getting £100k a week from?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:27 pm

If Targett stays fit he's probably the best actual left back at the club (leaving out Trippier out of position, and Livramento and Hall are still WIP), needs to be a decision for the medical staff.

I still think any GK signing though needs to be an upgrade on Pope, not just a replacement for Dubravka (unless we're f***ed and him and Karius both go at once). There really isn't the big gap between him and Pope that people like to suggest, he's another shot stopper with not great control of his area. Distribution from both is fairly poor too. Fine for now but if we're going to become a top side we need a top keeper.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:30 pm

originallad wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:23 pm
bodacious benny wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:47 pm
Google most websites on footballers supposed salaries and it’s the answer that comes out.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:47 pm

In related news, PL clubs voted in favour of an anchored finance cap for the 25/26 season (finer details to be ironed out in june)

This rule would see an overall spending cap at 4x the tv revenue if the bottom placed team the previous season.

In context of us it would have ment this season we would have had an excess of approximately £200+ to play with in the market.

Villa, Man City, Man Utd voted against, Chelsea abstained.

All but villa would need to cut costs currently, for some odd reason Villa who would have had a similar amount as us to play with voted against this system which seems a little bizarre as they would hugely benefit, seems there are some deeper politics behind that decision maybe.

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:54 pm

bodacious benny wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:30 pm
originallad wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:23 pm

Google most websites on footballers supposed salaries and it’s the answer that comes out.
That's f***ing ridiculous if that's true. Jesus.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:15 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:47 pm
In related news, PL clubs voted in favour of an anchored finance cap for the 25/26 season (finer details to be ironed out in june)

This rule would see an overall spending cap at 4x the tv revenue if the bottom placed team the previous season.

In context of us it would have ment this season we would have had an excess of approximately £200+ to play with in the market.

All but villa would need to cut costs currently, for some odd reason Villa who would have had a similar amount as us to play with voted against this system which seems a little bizarre as they would hugely benefit, seems there are some deeper politics behind that decision maybe.
Villa just have snobness about them they feel because they won the European cup 40 years ago they're among the elite clubs when in fact they haven't actually won anything of real note since.

I'll also add that I think this is a good move by PL , a similar system should be put into affect by Fifa world wide.
I'll Hazard a guess

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:42 am

originallad wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:54 pm
bodacious benny wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:30 pm

I think he was on decent money at Villa and when we signed him he got a pay rise.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:32 am

bodacious benny wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:42 am
originallad wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:54 pm

I think he was on decent money at Villa and when we signed him he got a pay rise.
Always felt the Targett one was a bit of a weird one, he did great on the loan spell but i never thought he was a must buy for us, was always one that would be immediately improved upon, similar to the Chris Wood transfer.
lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:15 am
Don Sholeone wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:47 pm

Villa just have snobness about them they feel because they won the European cup 40 years ago they're among the elite clubs when in fact they haven't actually won anything of real note since.

I'll also add that I think this is a good move by PL , a similar system should be put into affect by Fifa world wide.
I think it's probably the fairest iteration so far, clubs can spend if they can afford to and it's kinda actively stopping people being able to artificially spend more than everyone else. The top clubs will always have the top players with the top wages still, but they cannot monopolise their position now as they will always be on the edge.

Surprised also at Chelsea abstaining, they are the ones who will get hit hard on this change.

Villa I get the impression they are trying to cosy up to the 6 and it's maybe backfired on them.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:45 am

Chelsea are already knackered though aren't they by being already well past the UEFA thresholds, so holding other clubs back might benefit them?

To be honest I'm not reading anything into this until details start coming through and clubs actually act on it. For all we know the threshold could be 20x the lowest club and f*** all happens.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:15 am

Colly wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:45 am
Chelsea are already knackered though aren't they by being already well past the UEFA thresholds, so holding other clubs back might benefit them?

To be honest I'm not reading anything into this until details start coming through and clubs actually act on it. For all we know the threshold could be 20x the lowest club and f*** all happens.
Apparently they are talking about X4. This fits also with the clubs who voted against, all but Villa would have difficulties.

This is a x4.5 forecast

I'd have assumed Liverpool would have gone against too, but my feeling is and has been for a while that they only care about catching Man City. This proposal keeps City in touching distance.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:04 am

Why are Leeds,Southampton and Leicester in that graph?

Is it that they're the predicted teams to go up?
I'll Hazard a guess

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:16 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:04 am

They only have full wage data from last season to project with

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:28 am

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:16 am
lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:04 am

They only have full wage data from last season to project with
Got ya
I'll Hazard a guess

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed May 01, 2024 2:20 pm

Lots of talk about Tosin today, some in the local press claiming we are very close to agreeing a deal.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Wed May 01, 2024 3:31 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 2:20 pm
Lots of talk about Tosin today, some in the local press claiming we are very close to agreeing a deal.
Tosin some national reporting and its a done deal 8)