Transfer Rumours/Wishlist

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Transfer Rumours/Wishlist

Post by Tsi » Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:22 pm

I thought it was getting close enough to make this ;)
lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:58 pm
Think this winter window is going to be an interesting one.

Can see our priority still being perhaps the right hand side of the pitch, Rcb (to compete with Schar) Rb (to push Trippier) and a RW (to compete with Miggy)

After that perhaps another body in Centre mid
During the Jan window I'd like to see us get a quality DM in Diaby would be nice as well. Like you say cover in other positions would be good as well but I think that'll happen in the summer, I can see maybe one of two quality additions in Jan.
Last edited by Tsi on Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist

Post by Tsi » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:45 pm

Speaking of DM's we're being linked with 18 yr old Andrey Santos from Vasco da Gama again 20m
Don't know that much about him but he is a bit of a beast size wise for a 18yr old and looks decent on the old Dennis scouting system <roll>
Last edited by Tsi on Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:13 pm

Saw us linked to trossard, wouldn’t be a bad signing for the short/medium term I think.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:16 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:13 pm
Saw us linked to trossard, wouldn’t be a bad signing for the short/medium term I think.
This. Can cover all the attacking positions (RW/LW/ST/AM) so would be a very useful player and give Miggy/ASM real competition.

Think we need more quality in CM, especially if we're aiming for the European spots (Conference/Europa). Someone to partner Bruno / Big Joe. Longstaff and Willock have been decent and have good potential but it'll be good to add something different to our midfield. Tielemens/Maddison would be perfect as they'll provide more playmaking/technical ability/assists/goals to our midfield play. Also there's Shelvey who's coming back to fitness who's been brilliant under Howe (so far) let's see if he can regain that form as it'll cause a selection headache.

Trossard and a CM / CAM would be ideal this Jan. Then in the summer we can evaluate the CB and full-back positions. I think priority should be RW/CM for now. <ok>

That Vasco de Gama youngster looks to have talent and potential. Beast of a DM in the making by the looks of it. Andrey Santos..

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:28 pm

I do like Trossard and think he's a great player but I think we should aim higher than him, also the fee that we will let quoted we could probably buy someone better for around the same money.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:40 am

Not sure on how reliable this guy is, but seems to have some connections at Santos.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:19 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:28 pm
I do like Trossard and think he's a great player but I think we should aim higher than him, also the fee that we will let quoted we could probably buy someone better for around the same money.
Agree on the fee, but I do think he’d add good quality in a variety of positions. If we get EL next season he’d be an excellent option imo. He’s also scored v City, Liverpool and Man U this season so starting to add some consistency against good teams (and Liverpool <roll>).
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:29 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:19 am
Don Sholeone wrote:
Agree on the fee, but I do think he’d add good quality in a variety of positions. If we get EL next season he’d be an excellent option imo. He’s also scored v City, Liverpool and Man U this season so starting to add some consistency against good teams (and Liverpool <roll>).
I don't think the cost will be as prohibited as it usually would. I've seen 25m bandied about, which is a lot, but about the going rate now. His contract expires end of the season, although Brighton have a one year extention clause that you'd assume they will activate.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:42 am

Cabella's Invincible Hair wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:29 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:

I don't think the cost will be as prohibited as it usually would. I've seen 25m bandied about, which is a lot, but about the going rate now. His contract expires end of the season, although Brighton have a one year extention clause that you'd assume they will activate.
Didn’t realise that, but yeah you’d think so!

He seems like he’d fit into Howe’s way of playing as always seems to be full of running and closing down when I’ve seen him play for Brighton.

Zaha is another who’s out of contract in summer, he is decent but he does sulk and seems a bit petulant when things don’t go his way.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:43 am

Given Zaha's age I think he wants one last try to make it at a CL club. I think he'll be off to Europe
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:51 am

I don't think Zaha would improve us. Not a fan.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:59 am

Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:51 am
He’d certainly add depth and goals from the wide attacking positions which we desperately need on the left to cover ASM (threat from that wide is absolutely zero when ASM is out). He got 14 PL goals last season, 11 the season before and is already on 5 for this season.

Don’t think he’s the type of signing we’d go for but he does have PL quality and experience in an area we’re lacking.

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:26 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:59 am
Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:51 am
He’d certainly add depth and goals from the wide attacking positions which we desperately need on the left to cover ASM (threat from that wide is absolutely zero when ASM is out). He got 14 PL goals last season, 11 the season before and is already on 5 for this season.

Don’t think he’s the type of signing we’d go for but he does have PL quality and experience in an area we’re lacking.
This. I doubt it'll happen not because we're not a attractive proposition as we do look like we're going to be playing in Europe sooner rather than later but because he doesn't strike me as the type of person (at his age as well) like he'll relocate his family so far up north at this stage of his career. He's going to be 30 in November so coming into his latter / peak stages of his career now his next move will most likely be his last chance to play in Europe (weather that be EL / CL) and probably looking for a last big pay day contract. If he does stay in the Prem could see him going to a Arsenal or Chelsea as there London based clubs. If he doesn't stay in the Prem then could see him going to a top Bundesliga / La Liga / Seria A were he can play Champions League football.

Saying all of this would defo take him.. will add goals/assists to our frontline. Not to mention his pace, athleticism, strength and skill. <ok>

If he's still out of contract next season and we make Europe we should look at him as a option on the wing.. could cover/compete with ASM and can cover / compete with Miggy on the other wing too. A step up in quality from the likes of Murphy and Fraser that's for sure.

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:33 pm

I think we'll try for Maddison again but that's it. No prem club is going to want to sell to us unless it's for ridiculous money. We put in some work and an offer for Maddison in the Summer so I think we'll just increase our bid.

Unless we have a new long term injury to someone I cant see us going for anyone else.

We're doing really well atm and we still have the likes of ASM and Isak to come back.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:01 pm

Yeah l, I think if there's any realistic chance of getting the Maddison deal done, we will push for it. Can't see them selling mid season unless he pushes for it, and his proce tag will go up if he has a decent world cup.

Excellent player though, and I personally feel represents that missing crown jewel to bring what is a very exciting, forward thinking side now.

NoteToSelf
Wood's Touch

Post by NoteToSelf » Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:17 pm

There are areas I think can be improved...but I don't see the urgency for big first team signings.

Attacking players, considering Isak and ASM are out, I think Newcastle are doing fine. Murphy has improved markedly in my opinion, and I don't feel as concerned about him being a squad option now.
A new signing in the front line now would also harm Anderson's chances, so I wouldn't prioritise it.

IMHO, the times Newcastle are most vulnerable now are when Joelinton or Guimares are taken off. With Shelvey, Longstaff or Willock, there isn't the same ability to win back the ball in the middle and retain possession. It's a long season, and it'll be necessary to have the opportunity
to rest Joelinton and Bruno if they maintain the current work rate.

I reckon a capable, young solid ball winner or Box to Box CM who can develop should be the first target.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:22 pm

Good point re: Anderson, been great to see him getting brought into the first team fold.

I have always liked Murphy and does seem to have improved (like most) under Howe but should still really be a bench player going forward. You’d expect in summer with further squad upgrades for Fraser to possibly go, and Ritchie will also go (is he out of contract this summer?) so even with Anderson we’d need someone else tho.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:08 pm

I do wonder if we'll go back in for Moussa Diaby in January. They'll have been bounced from European play by then, and are also struggling in the league. I don't think they'll have the same leverage as they did in the summer, and despite the production of our wingers of late, I still think there's room for improvement there. Add in another great technical ball winner in CM, and I think it would free up Bruno to more consistently play farther forward, and prevent us from seeing Longstaff dawdle on the ball in our half.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:54 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Don Sholeone wrote:
I just see him as someone we would probably look to replace in about about 18 months time, I think I'd rather us get someone who's going to be competing for a place for the next 3-4 years at the least

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:49 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:08 pm
I do wonder if we'll go back in for Moussa Diaby in January. They'll have been bounced from European play by then, and are also struggling in the league. I don't think they'll have the same leverage as they did in the summer, and despite the production of our wingers of late, I still think there's room for improvement there. Add in another great technical ball winner in CM, and I think it would free up Bruno to more consistently play farther forward, and prevent us from seeing Longstaff dawdle on the ball in our half.
This. Also agree with people saying going forwards Murphy should be a squad / impact sub sort of player. If we can get Diaby and Maddison would add further depth / strength to the squad and then we can really see Europe in our sights next season. <awe>