Transfer Rumours/Wishlist

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Re: January Transfer Rumours/Wishlist

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:05 pm

A lot of talk this week about Harrison Ashby too, RB from West Ham, we tried to sign him in the summer.

Looks like we will see 1 or 2 first team signings and quite a few more youth signings.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:12 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:05 pm
A lot of talk this week about Harrison Ashby too, RB from West Ham, we tried to sign him in the summer.

Looks like we will see 1 or 2 first team signings and quite a few more youth signings.
West ham blocked the move in the summer apparently he wasn't too chuffed about it

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:49 pm

Tsi wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:12 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:05 pm

West ham blocked the move in the summer apparently he wasn't too chuffed about it
And he's a free agent this coming summer right?

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:06 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:49 pm
Tsi wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:12 pm

And he's a free agent this coming summer right?
Yes
According to reports they wanted him to sign a new contract

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:38 pm

Been linked (Athletic) with Marcus Thuram, coming up to the end of his contract, also talk that Leeds want to sign Wood. Seems like a really good trade off, would probably play LW/LF mainly though, could possibly see Fraser out the door too as he would have very limited opportunity for some game time.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:17 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:38 pm
Been linked (Athletic) with Marcus Thuram, coming up to the end of his contract, also talk that Leeds want to sign Wood. Seems like a really good trade off, would probably play LW/LF mainly though, could possibly see Fraser out the door too as he would have very limited opportunity for some game time.
Yeah, agreed. Thuram would be a cracking signing he's been brilliant in the Bundesliga this season. Will give ASM some real competition on the LW. Would mean Fraser/Ritchie will be out the door by the looks of it sooner rather than later. Wood to Leeds seems realistic too.. think he'll do well for them or any Prem team in the lower half/relegation battle. Maybe use him as a bait/leeway to getting one of there star assets.. Sinistra, Tyler Adams, Aaronson and Summervile look like talents with great potential.. Meslier the goalie could be a future no.1 for us after Pope.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:45 am

Rumours circulating of a move for Joao Felix, surely if he leaves Atletico he goes to Wolves???

In regards to Thuram move, more talk of a move for Pulisic too, Fraser being linked with a move to Southampton too
I'll Hazard a guess

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:48 am

Lol imagine him at wolves <laugh>

Would love him but seems more like a move for a season or two further on, or summer if we get CL.

Pulisic under Howe’s coaching could be decent.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:38 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:48 am

Would love him but seems more like a move for a season or two further on, or summer if we get CL.

This. Hoping we get Thuram too.. but I doubt we'll get both Pulisic AND Thuram as they play in similar positions but both versatile to adapt to the right or left wing.. both can play AM/CAM/SS too.

Felix yeah would be a good signing but feel like it's more of a summer signing.. but seeing as they got knocked out of the Champions League + ended bottom in there group which means he doesn't even have the Europa League to fight for then could be a realistic Jan signing.. how much would he cost?

Pulisic on a loan with buy option would be great, similar to Felix. Maddison would be quality.. just the creative playmaking CAM we need to compliment Bruno + Big Joe.

Fraser + Ritchie leaving will open up doors to new signings aswell.. read that Lascelles, Lewis, Fraser & Ritchie could be sold which is understandable as they've barely had any game time + I think Howe wants to freshen things up. Lascelles has been a good servant but is 4th choice CB now so can understand if he wants to move on, Ritchie has seen better days, Fraser hasn't made the impact we thought he would so a fresh change could see him do well somewhere else.. similar to Lewis.. I'll loan out Lewis and evaluate the situation in the summer unless we have a ready made replacement for him. Sosa the Croatian left-back looks a player and we've been linked to him.. could be a good competition between him + Targett for the LB spot. Mind you Big Burns is doing a very steady n' solid job on that left-hand side right now so we'll see what happens.. either way this window is exciting let's see now that we're in the top 4 if the signings we get are to keep us pushing forward or we'll keep the ship steady n trust the players we have now.. <diva> <awe> <scratch>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:58 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:38 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:48 am

This. Hoping we get Thuram too.. but I doubt we'll get both Pulisic AND Thuram as they play in similar positions but both versatile to adapt to the right or left wing.. both can play AM/CAM/SS too.

Felix yeah would be a good signing but feel like it's more of a summer signing.. but seeing as they got knocked out of the Champions League + ended bottom in there group which means he doesn't even have the Europa League to fight for then could be a realistic Jan signing.. how much would he cost?

Pulisic on a loan with buy option would be great, similar to Felix. Maddison would be quality.. just the creative playmaking CAM we need to compliment Bruno + Big Joe.

Fraser + Ritchie leaving will open up doors to new signings aswell.. read that Lascelles, Lewis, Fraser & Ritchie could be sold which is understandable as they've barely had any game time + I think Howe wants to freshen things up. Lascelles has been a good servant but is 4th choice CB now so can understand if he wants to move on, Ritchie has seen better days, Fraser hasn't made the impact we thought he would so a fresh change could see him do well somewhere else.. similar to Lewis.. I'll loan out Lewis and evaluate the situation in the summer unless we have a ready made replacement for him. Sosa the Croatian left-back looks a player and we've been linked to him.. could be a good competition between him + Targett for the LB spot. Mind you Big Burns is doing a very steady n' solid job on that left-hand side right now so we'll see what happens.. either way this window is exciting let's see now that we're in the top 4 if the signings we get are to keep us pushing forward or we'll keep the ship steady n trust the players we have now.. <diva> <awe> <scratch>
If the rumoured Pulisic price is 35m, I could see us paying right away - and I wonder if they would help us beat out other interested clubs who might not have that money right now, or only want a loan to hold out for other options that may come available in the summer.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:36 pm

Pulisic seems like he’d flourish with regular games and consistency, and he’s still young.

And commercially appealing to the North American market.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:52 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:36 pm
Pulisic seems like he’d flourish with regular games and consistency, and he’s still young.

And commercially appealing to the North American market.
Even the consistency of coaching. I feel like he's had a series of different managers and roles there, and even Potter hasn't decided on a formation yet.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:54 pm

Would love João Felix, a good few "marquee" signings could really elevate us to the next level. I love that the reports also mentioned how we would make sure he's the right fit in terms of personality too. Also bit mad to think we have barely had Isak kick a ball for us yet either. Exciting times if this turns out to be true.

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:15 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:54 pm
Would love João Felix, a good few "marquee" signings could really elevate us to the next level. I love that the reports also mentioned how we would make sure he's the right fit in terms of personality too. Also bit mad to think we have barely had Isak kick a ball for us yet either. Exciting times if this turns out to be true.
Exciting times indeed <ok>

Whilst Guimaraes, Tripper and Isak were all fantastic signings, you feel the club is yet to make a true statement signing in the form of a Robinho/Tevez mould. Although it probably won’t be until we become a CL regular that we can become a preferred destination over the other big six. <awe>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:21 pm

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:48 pm

For the couple here in the industry, when it comes to the influx of stories about international starlets we're allegedly targeting for our academy ranks, are those stories from the same sources as typical transfer rumours? I ask because unlike naming the same ol' players, which any journo can pull from a hat, these are often deeper cuts, so I presume they come from agents or selling clubs drumming up interest in their young assets?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:19 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:21 pm
I hope it happens just to hear Paul Merson and Robbie Savage trying to pronounce his name.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:45 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:48 pm
For the couple here in the industry, when it comes to the influx of stories about international starlets we're allegedly targeting for our academy ranks, are those stories from the same sources as typical transfer rumours? I ask because unlike naming the same ol' players, which any journo can pull from a hat, these are often deeper cuts, so I presume they come from agents or selling clubs drumming up interest in their young assets?
I'd assume that most of it will come from scouts. People will know people, they will say I watched X,y,z yesterday, people will know which club they are working for/with and put 2 and 2 together. For the bigger deals I'd assume it's mainly agent driven.

Again making an assumption but I'd guess most involved in scouting will be good friends with scouts from other clubs as they will all attend matches together a good few times throughout the year and will be quite loose with the information they have, after all they are in the same industry so will talk openly amongst each other.

That's my take anyways.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:08 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:45 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:48 pm
I'd assume that most of it will come from scouts. People will know people, they will say I watched X,y,z yesterday, people will know which club they are working for/with and put 2 and 2 together. For the bigger deals I'd assume it's mainly agent driven.

Again making an assumption but I'd guess most involved in scouting will be good friends with scouts from other clubs as they will all attend matches together a good few times throughout the year and will be quite loose with the information they have, after all they are in the same industry so will talk openly amongst each other.

That's my take anyways.
It's a mixture of a few, agents definitely throw the names around, as do scouts as don says, clubs do at times too.
I'll Hazard a guess

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:59 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:21 pm
Would love him here. Looks quality so much technical ability, speed and skill. Saw him against Liverpool' in the Champions League and was Napoli's best player. Plays LW so could be a potential ASM replacement?

21, already been touted as the the Georgian ''Messi'' and great potential to be one of the best wingers in Europe for a while. He's one of the main reasons Napoli are 1st in the Seria A and still unbeaten. <ok>