Weekend football - 15/17 April 2023

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Weekend football - 15/17 April 2023

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:43 pm

The fact that their first goal stood is an absolute joke. And because it’s Liverpool the commentators barely mention it.

Game over now tho.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:55 pm

6-1.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:15 pm

1st goal as Benny says absolute joke, pretty sure we had a goal disallowed this season due to something similar.
I'll Hazard a guess

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:13 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:15 pm
1st goal as Benny says absolute joke, pretty sure we had a goal disallowed this season due to something similar.
They briefly mentioned in the commentary that it struck his hand 'too far back in the phase of play' for VAR to get involved...given it hit his arm, he then played it to Salah, Salah played it back to him and he crossed for them to score the opener I'd say it was pretty key to the phase of play. It's not like play broke down and a new phase started, it was all the same passage of play.

I mean even if they didn't allow it Liverpool would have won comfortably as Leeds are awful, it's the inconsistency that annoys me more than anything. Next three are massive for Leeds; Fulham (a), Leicester (h), Bournemouth (a).
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:04 am

In no way am I condoning the recent attitude by players towards refs, but I can see why it's slowly starting to boil over when every single week you are seeing mistake upon mistake, how was it possible that VAR actually made the officiating this bad.

I know I've had backlash on here for mentioning it before, but I still believe there is a battle between the PL marketability with certain teams doing well and actual sporting integrity, its just one hell of a coincidence that 9 times out of 10 certain clubs get certainty "mistakes" in their favour that keeps the table exciting.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:32 am

Tbh the behavior and disrespect towards officials pre-dates VAR by a long long time so I don't think it's a reason or excuse.

I agree to an extent in that when controversial VAR decisions go in favor 'big clubs' that commentators, pundits etc. just sweep it under the carpet. If someone like Southampton gets away with something against a 'big' team we never hear the end of how awful it is and how the bigger team has been robbed. Can you imagine the outcry from the media if someone like Liverpool were robbed like Brighton were at Spurs a couple of weeks ago?

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:17 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:32 am
Tbh the behavior and disrespect towards officials pre-dates VAR by a long long time so I don't think it's a reason or excuse.

I agree to an extent in that when controversial VAR decisions go in favor 'big clubs' that commentators, pundits etc. just sweep it under the carpet. If someone like Southampton gets away with something against a 'big' team we never hear the end of how awful it is and how the bigger team has been robbed. Can you imagine the outcry from the media if someone like Liverpool were robbed like Brighton were at Spurs a couple of weeks ago?
Ahh the match were Dick Turpin was the VAR official
That match has to be the worst VAR officiating I've seen

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:34 pm

Speaking of commentators my biggest annoyance is when you watch the streams meant for abroad and the way the commentators justify nonsense decisions. Like the clear mistakes and they make up some random **** and claim something like handball when there clearly isn't one. At least it gets a mention on the broadcasts for here, but on those you can clearly see they are instructed to make it look like the games are being flawlessly run.