Yankuba Minteh

footywithuti
Tindall's Hoody

Yankuba Minteh

Post by footywithuti » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:38 am

Hiya, hope you’re all doing well. Here’s a 2-minute video detailing everything you need to know about new signing and wonderkid Yankuba Minteh for those interested. He’s a hell of a talent who has not only been playing week in week out at club level, but is also getting called up by his national side Gambia despite only being 18. As always, I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have down below, have a great weekend!

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Re: Yankuba Minteh

Post by gola » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:07 am

another gr8 vid m8 thanks looks class

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:07 pm

Official going stairght out on loan which I imagine is to do with work permit issues
I'll Hazard a guess

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:10 pm

A great loan move for him though. Aren't Feyenoord in the Champions League this year too?

Over The Line
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Over The Line » Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:23 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:10 pm
A great loan move for him though. Aren't Feyenoord in the Champions League this year too?
We are that good now we send our youngsters to Pot 1 Champions league teams.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:41 pm

Scored twice and got an assist against Ajax today
<notbad>
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:13 pm

Valentino's fast feet wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:41 pm
<notbad>
Hugely impressive season…does he get a chance here next season or loaned out?

What’s his actual position? If he plays off the right then there’s definitely a route into the first team for him next season. On the left no, as Gordon and Barnes will eat most of the mins. I don’t think he’s a striker.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:58 pm

bodacious benny wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:13 pm
Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:41 pm
<notbad>

What’s his actual position? If he plays off the right then there’s definitely a route into the first team for him next season. On the left no, as Gordon and Barnes will eat most of the mins. I don’t think he’s a striker.
As far as I'm aware, he plays off the right. From what I've read (none of the credible outfits, pinch of salt) the plan is to loan him out again, to a 'higher' standard of league. Bundesliga, apparently.

Which would make sense, and offer clear progression if he goes to a lower level team, where he will start most games. However, I do hope he gets at least a run out in the pre season. Like you say, there's an obvious route for him there, even as a breakthrough bench option. If he's not up to speed and needs development, fair enough. Plenty careers have been ruined by that. But be nice to give him a run out and see if, but, maybe.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:58 pm

Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:58 pm
bodacious benny wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:13 pm

As far as I'm aware, he plays off the right. From what I've read (none of the credible outfits, pinch of salt) the plan is to loan him out again, to a 'higher' standard of league. Bundesliga, apparently.

Which would make sense, and offer clear progression if he goes to a lower level team, where he will start most games. However, I do hope he gets at least a run out in the pre season. Like you say, there's an obvious route for him there, even as a breakthrough bench option. If he's not up to speed and needs development, fair enough. Plenty careers have been ruined by that. But be nice to give him a run out and see if, but, maybe.
This. Wouldn't say no to selling Miggy and/or Murphy if it means getting a quality RW and having Minteh as back-up. <scratch>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:07 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:58 pm

This. Wouldn't say no to selling Miggy and/or Murphy if it means getting a quality RW and having Minteh as back-up. <scratch>
I think we’ll sell Miggy if a good enough offer comes in. Hopefully get a first team quality right winger and Murphy backup. Tho Gordon showed v Fulham that he can still do well if switched to the right also, he’d have got the assist if that Schar goal hasn’t been disallowed.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:48 pm

I don't particularly trust our existing RWs would actually be more productive in the Netherlands right now if they were in his position - we've seen how much they specifically benefited from playing under the current coaches and system.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:38 pm

Sanchino wrote:

I'd be surprised if we dont sell one, spend big on a right winger and have the other as backup.

Right wing was for me the biggest need in the summer until we got two CB injuries.

Whether or not we have Minteh in the squad or give him another year out on loan to develop is probably a bit too early to say. Preseason will be a good indicator as to whether hes ready and how Howe plans to use him

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:49 pm

bodacious benny wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:07 pm
Sanchino wrote:

I think we’ll sell Miggy if a good enough offer comes in. Hopefully get a first team quality right winger and Murphy backup. Tho Gordon showed v Fulham that he can still do well if switched to the right also, he’d have got the assist if that Schar goal hasn’t been disallowed.
Yeah, agreed. Miggy we can get more out of him in terms of a transfer fee and Murphy is more versatile than him (can cover RW/RB/ST, etc) he's the perfect squad player who will be happy to be on the bench and be a back-up for the main RW ideally someone like Neto, Bakayoko, Mbeumbo, etc. Minten we can see at what level he's at pre-season but he's definitely a dark horse who could end up starting more games than expected (similar to how Miley made his breakthrough) and end up having a impact but I feel a NEW RW + Murphy for next season should be enough as people have mentioned Gordon can play there effectively if we have to switch him to the right hand side (even Anderson has played there and done ok) and Barnes can play LW with Big Joe, Willock, etc deputising if needed. Sending Minteh on a loan deal to a quality league (Bundesliga) starting regular games week in week out will do him the world of good for his development.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:54 pm

He won the Dutch cup on Sunday, tho he was sent off for two bookings but Feyenoord were already 1-0 up.

Hope he doesn’t get used to winning trophies when he comes back here <laugh>

Somebodys pinched my sombrero
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Somebodys pinched my sombrero » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:01 pm

Sounds like a bit of a maverick? Good season from him, I’d rather see him loaned to a championship side next season though, see if he can cut it there.
Supporting the Toon since 1972.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:04 pm

I'd like to see him have a run in the pre season, see if he can fit in to the side/tactics. Don't think he's ready just yet, even to be a squad player, but be interested to give him a chance. Would be good to see him in the bundesliga on loan, seen links there for next season.

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:15 pm

Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:04 pm
I'd like to see him have a run in the pre season, see if he can fit in to the side/tactics. Don't think he's ready just yet, even to be a squad player, but be interested to give him a chance. Would be good to see him in the bundesliga on loan, seen links there for next season.
Yeah agreed.. I think he'll do well in a league like that, preferably with a team that's in Europe like Frankfurt, Freiburg, Stuttgart?