Matchday thread - Toon v Wolves

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Re: Matchday thread - Toon v Wolves

Post by beatski » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:35 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:33 pm
The unsubable super Sean Longstaff to play the 90 yet again.
Don't want to reinjure Willock tbf. Might see him off for Anderson towards the end?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:38 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:31 pm
Brilliant results around us as it stands.
Could do with another west ham goal ideally
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:39 pm

Valentino's fast feet wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:38 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:31 pm
Brilliant results around us as it stands.
goal against west ham you mean?
or do you just hate everton? <laugh>

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:43 pm

Dawson looks like Iron Mike with a combover

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:48 pm

Playing some unnecessary risky play here.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:48 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:17 pm
Chappy wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:00 pm
Not a fan of the new version of Local Hero mind
They've replaced it? Why?

When I was a season ticket holder decades ago they replaced Blaydon Races with a new version by an indie band. Risible
So I dunno if they're gonna replace it - but Mark Knopfler re-recorded it in aid of teenage cancer and he's at the game I think so they played it today. Hopefully doesn't replace the old version as it sounds better.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:50 pm

beatski wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:39 pm
Valentino's fast feet wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:38 pm

goal against west ham you mean?
or do you just hate everton? <laugh>

The latter <laugh> I realise west ham are on our necks, but if we focus on our games we should pull clear. Less points for Everton the better.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:55 pm

The problem with Tino is he's always trying to walk it in

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:55 pm

Screammmerrrrrrr!!!!

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:58 pm

40 points <diva>

Remember when that was the sole aim of the club <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:03 pm

Everton somehow turning a 1-0 lead in to a 1-3 loss against WHam <disgrace>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:05 pm

Good result, still leaving a lot to be desired like so need to keep kicking on, still short of what we are capable of.

Willock is a massive difference, I know I'm beating a dead horse here but really need to get away from Longstaff and Burn being the first names on the team sheet, I really don't see what they have brought to the team this season.
Also I think the fans deserve answers regarding Lewis Hall, right now all that transfer has done is help Chelsea with FFP, I imagine the loan fee was substantial part of the overall fee.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:07 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:58 pm
40 points <diva>

Remember when that was the sole aim of the club <laugh>
<grin> <ashley> <schteve>
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:08 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:05 pm
Good result, still leaving a lot to be desired like so need to keep kicking on, still short of what we are capable of.

Willock is a massive difference, I know I'm beating a dead horse here but really need to get away from Longstaff and Burn being the first names on the team sheet, I really don't see what they have brought to the team this season.
Also I think the fans deserve answers regarding Lewis Hall, right now all that transfer has done is help Chelsea with FFP, I imagine the loan fee was substantial part of the overall fee.
I agree Longstaff needs a break, but he's done alot this season. He's played so so much football and is clearly knackered. Earlier on in the season he was making good forward runs on the right, but it's all so patched up now.
If he'd had competition /chance to rest I think we'd be seeing better performances.
I can't really defend Burn. I think he is just getting found out. I wouldn't mind him at CB
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:33 pm

Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:08 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:05 pm

I agree Longstaff needs a break, but he's done alot this season. He's played so so much football and is clearly knackered. Earlier on in the season he was making good forward runs on the right, but it's all so patched up now.
If he'd had competition /chance to rest I think we'd be seeing better performances.
I can't really defend Burn. I think he is just getting found out. I wouldn't mind him at CB
Don't get me wrong I'm happy to have them as part of the squad, but it does worry me how deeply rooted into the first 11 they are, so much so will we even see a midfield or LB addition in the summer?
One thing that's really angered me this year was the excuse of FFP that we have been fed all season. Yet we spaffed a huge allocation of that on a player that can play in both their positions but isn't allowed to play for whatever reason. I've not heard one single valid reason for the Lewis Hall situation.

Same with Livramento, he has more than proved he deserves to be starting ahead of Burn.

To be honest the whole thing has knocked my confidence in us doing the right business and making the right acquisitions moving forward, the over confidence put into players like Burn and Longstaff makes me feel like we won't be improving those positions any time soon.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:34 pm

It would help if we had the bodies to give Longstaff a rest, with no Joelinton that removes a lot of physicality from our midfield. While he's not flashy Longstaff is generally good at keeping the middle of the park ticking. We can improve on him of course, but he does a job.

On Burn he was far better supported today with Gordon and Willock around him, and bar an odd wobble (he wasn't the only one) he was fairly assured and should have had an assist to Willock again today. That shot wasn't in an ideal place for a left footer (even moreso a left sided defender...) so while it got "f*** offs" here it got him a song at the ground.

Overall not a brilliant performance, but an improvement and it was nice to be able to bring quality fresh legs on on 70 minutes. Keep building, get Willock and Barnes properly fit, and hopefully a lift to the end of the season.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:39 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:33 pm

Don't get me wrong I'm happy to have them as part of the squad, but it does worry me how deeply rooted into the first 11 they are, so much so will we even see a midfield or LB addition in the summer?
One thing that's really angered me this year was the excuse of FFP that we have been fed all season. Yet we spaffed a huge allocation of that on a player that can play in both their positions but isn't allowed to play for whatever reason. I've not heard one single valid reason for the Lewis Hall situation.

Same with Livramento, he has more than proved he deserves to be starting ahead of Burn.

To be honest the whole thing has knocked my confidence in us doing the right business and making the right acquisitions moving forward, the over confidence put into players like Burn and Longstaff makes me feel like we won't be improving those positions any time soon.
I'd forgotten how expense Hall was. I think in their heads they want to do what City and Liverpool do, but young bit jottalent just before they step up. But we don't have room for misses. Mayne hall will come good next year

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:40 pm

And I'm happy with Tino. I didn't expect Trippier to be fit as much as he had given his age. And Tino clearly has it

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:33 pm

He's cost nothing at this point. Zero allocation used. The reason he's on a loan is because we coudn't afford a transfer fee last summer. That's why it's an obligation for next summer with almost certain criteria. Pretty much a buy now pay later deal.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:09 pm

Lewis Hall is still a teenager. There's no situation, he's just a teenager. He's younger than Alex Murphy, Michael Ndiweni, Amadou Diallo and Joe White who are all seen as kids that have made their debut this season. He's 2 years younger than Tino who is still seen as a young full back.