England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Re: Days lost through injury

Post by beatski » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:15 am

beatski wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:55 pm
Slim999 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:32 pm
Cant help thinking how strong we could potentially look next season if we manage to hold onto Bruno & Joe-L and bring in a couple of new faces . Not sure how realistic it is to hang onto our Brazil boys however

Now with kids like Miley & others pushing into the squad , and the likes of Willock, Pope , Tonali, Anderson , Barnes , Tino, Murphy all pushing to get into the side ... we could end up with an embarrassment of riches if we're not in Europe.

Someone will need to go to help fund improvements - my money would be on Miggy, Wilson and Longstaff.

Bring in a top striker to play with/ alternate with Isak , central defensive cover- and perhaps another defensive midfielder ( or move Schar there & find another centre half .

We could be a top 4 force again I believe - dependant on the 3 or 4 faces who come/ go in summer
Top of my list would be a first team right sided forward, especially if we're moving Miggy on. Although the club have said a 'versatile forward' is top of their agenda, so maybe we're bringing in someone that can play there and up top. That said, we're getting a lot of versatile players, and i'd prefer a dedicated RW and a young/rotation striker.

Will we get much money for Wilson? And I dont see us moving on Longstaff, for potential european squad players as he's club trained.

Would definitely want to see us bring in a proper defensive mid as we've all seen how much we've struggled in midfield defensively recently. Especially with Joelinton out, and especially with his current contract situation meaning we'll likely sell.

We need to sort our LB situation in the summer as well, whether that's bringing someone in or actually giving Hall or Targett some actual minutes there as Burn isnt the long term solution. On that note, we could potentially move on Burn and bring in Lloyd Kelly as his replacement in the squad; plays LB/CB for Bournemouth, was signed by Howe and is out of contract in the summer

Then we also need to sign a young CB as a long term successor to Schar.

Funnily enough this is pretty much exactly the same thing i was saying last summer too <erk>
linked today 8)

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:47 am

beatski wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:10 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:03 am

Neftçi PFK, beaten 1-4 at home to Qarabag yesterday - Hall may even get a game :bandit:
i'll have what youre having
<laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:49 am

beatski wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:15 am
beatski wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:55 pm

Top of my list would be a first team right sided forward, especially if we're moving Miggy on. Although the club have said a 'versatile forward' is top of their agenda, so maybe we're bringing in someone that can play there and up top. That said, we're getting a lot of versatile players, and i'd prefer a dedicated RW and a young/rotation striker.

Will we get much money for Wilson? And I dont see us moving on Longstaff, for potential european squad players as he's club trained.

Would definitely want to see us bring in a proper defensive mid as we've all seen how much we've struggled in midfield defensively recently. Especially with Joelinton out, and especially with his current contract situation meaning we'll likely sell.

We need to sort our LB situation in the summer as well, whether that's bringing someone in or actually giving Hall or Targett some actual minutes there as Burn isnt the long term solution. On that note, we could potentially move on Burn and bring in Lloyd Kelly as his replacement in the squad; plays LB/CB for Bournemouth, was signed by Howe and is out of contract in the summer

Then we also need to sign a young CB as a long term successor to Schar.

Funnily enough this is pretty much exactly the same thing i was saying last summer too <erk>
linked today 8)
There does seem to be longstanding interest in Lloyd Kelly, others interested too tho.

I can't see Burn going though, he'd still get games and could also be CB cover (assuming Lascelles goes).
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:42 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:49 am
beatski wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:15 am

linked today 8)
There does seem to be longstanding interest in Lloyd Kelly, others interested too tho.

I can't see Burn going though, he'd still get games and could also be CB cover (assuming Lascelles goes).
Dummett replacement?
and can Botman play on the right? could see a scenario where we keep Burn and get in Kelly if so

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:20 pm

beatski wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:42 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:49 am

Dummett replacement?
and can Botman play on the right? could see a scenario where we keep Burn and get in Kelly if so
No idea re: Botman tbh! A lot is made of it, but seeing two right footed centre backs isn't uncommon, yet it's made out that it's difficult to play with two left footed centre backs.

Is this the case? I'm crap at football so have no idea - always seemed a bit strange to me!

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:30 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:20 pm
beatski wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:42 pm

Dummett replacement?
No idea re: Botman tbh! A lot is made of it, but seeing two right footed centre backs isn't uncommon, yet it's made out that it's difficult to play with two left footed centre backs.

Is this the case? I'm crap at football so have no idea - always seemed a bit strange to me!
I guess the difference is that there are a lot more right footed players, so if you're a right footed CB theres chances you've played or trained as the left sided one for an extened period, whereas if you're left footed you've almost certainly only played on the left side

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:15 pm

originallad wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:58 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:52 pm
Why haven’t they ranked it in order of days lost instead?
Thought that myself. Would have made more sense.
The number of players injured (at one time) tends to be more impactful than the duration of any one individual injury - so I'd imagine that's why it's ranked by injuries instead of days.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:18 pm

Days is definitely a better measure, you could in theory have 50 two day injuries and no one misses a game...

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:22 pm

total amount of players missing each game would be better than both

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:39 pm

Very good point.

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:01 pm

beatski wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:22 pm
total amount of players missing each game would be better than both
Must resist urge to do this tomorrow…

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:57 pm

Early indications that Tony Gordon could be adding some serious downtime to injury , allegedly season ending !?!?
This is unreal.
Clydeside & Tyneside

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:38 am

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:18 am

Tbf it's amazing he's played so much considering he played all last summer for the England under-21s and has been virtually ever present for us this season. Without any doubt whatsoever he's our player of the season.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:22 pm

Apparently Botman is now out for 6-9 months with an ACL injury. <grr>

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:29 pm

Bloody brilliant

I want to see Burn to move to CB and Targett/Hall/Tino to come in at LB and go back to playing how we did in Howe's first season

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:40 pm

Would say Lascelles with Schar on left as it was early in the season
I'll Hazard a guess

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:42 pm

beatski wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:29 pm
Bloody brilliant

I want to see Burn to move to CB and Targett/Hall/Tino to come in at LB and go back to playing how we did in Howe's first season
Ditto !!

Just had that very discussion in terms of cover and reinstating a player to his original position.
Clydeside & Tyneside

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:52 pm

UlversToon wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:22 pm
Apparently Botman is now out for 6-9 months with an ACL injury. <grr>
f*** this season man seriously
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:06 pm

Need to bin off the medical team, this has been an issue for him all season yet they held off on the surgery and tried to bodge his recovery. This is the s**** you get when you have a jobs for the boys attitude from the management team, ownership needs to grow a set and reign in Howe and strip him of control of half this s****, or better yet get rid this summer completely.