Days lost through injury

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Re: Days lost through injury

Post by Sanchino » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:58 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:05 pm
The only silver lining is that Burn now has to play at centre back where he’s more suited (and can be third choice next season when we sign a new CB) and *hopefully* Hall gets a run at LB.

**** knows what’s happened to Targett.
This. He made a real impact when he came on. Showed good energy, pace and ability on the ball. Promising signs and the potential is definitely there. Remember he's only 19 so I can see why we would sign him on a perm as him and Tino could be our future full-back duo for many, many years to come. But yes this also means Burn will be playing more CB. I don't want to see him in that LB position again UNLESS there's nobody else we can play there. For god's sake we have Trippier, Tino, Hall, Kraft and as we saw Murphy can play as a full back/wing back (done a decent job bombing forward from that position yesterday) and even worst case you have Dummet who's played LB before.. even Ritchie for crying out loud can cover there in a crazy injury emergency shortage. Let Burn cook up in that CB position and STAY there. With Botman and Lascelles out for a long time another CB is a MUST now in the summer. Get a pacey, strong and athletic CB to partner Schar. Burn can be 3rd choice, release Dummet and maybe have young Alex Murphy as the 4th choice? if not loan him out and get 2 CBs. Lloyd Kelly (being linked to him constantly) can be one and then one of Kevin Danso, Jarrell Hato, Zeno Debast, Jordan Beyer, Morato and Trevor Chalobah could be the other.. all young (under 25) and playing in good European leagues. They also won't break the bank as we can probably get them for under 20 million <ok>

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:40 am

I agree with some of that, but there's no way I'm playing Krafth or Murphy at left back ahead of Burn, and certainly not Dummett or Ritchie at this stage (I'd rather have Dummett central as did against Man City earlier this season). He's had some shaky moments, but to pin everything on him in a season where Botman has looked understandably poor alongside him and he's getting doubled up on frequently with no Joelinton is so harsh. Even Saturday he matched Bowen and Kudus for pace at key points, he's not this lumbering giant people have made out.

Targett supposedly not fit again so who knows what's happening there, clearly Hall has potential but 30 minutes against a West Ham side who've taken off their attacking threat does not a summer make.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:44 pm

Colly wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:40 am
I agree with some of that, but there's no way I'm playing Krafth or Murphy at left back ahead of Burn, and certainly not Dummett or Ritchie at this stage (I'd rather have Dummett central as did against Man City earlier this season). He's had some shaky moments, but to pin everything on him in a season where Botman has looked understandably poor alongside him and he's getting doubled up on frequently with no Joelinton is so harsh. Even Saturday he matched Bowen and Kudus for pace at key points, he's not this lumbering giant people have made out.

Targett supposedly not fit again so who knows what's happening there, clearly Hall has potential but 30 minutes against a West Ham side who've taken off their attacking threat does not a summer make.
I think Sanchino's point was also with consideration to the CB injuries, and given 2 being out with ACLs, Burn should be playing there instead of LB ahead of those other options. Not that I want to speak for him, but at least from my perspective I wouldn't necessarily always select all of them ahead of Burn in isolation, but I would if it meant somebody else (like Krafth or Dummett) was then playing CB too.

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:22 pm

You guessed it… Miggy and Tino out for a month.

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:26 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:44 pm
Colly wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:40 am

I think Sanchino's point was also with consideration to the CB injuries, and given 2 being out with ACLs, Burn should be playing there instead of LB ahead of those other options. Not that I want to speak for him, but at least from my perspective I wouldn't necessarily always select all of them ahead of Burn in isolation, but I would if it meant somebody else (like Krafth or Dummett) was then playing CB too.
<ok> <gent> <applause>. Dummet at LB doesn't look like a credible option now. <urgh>

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:07 am

I'll Hazard a guess

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:09 am

Sanchino wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:26 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:44 pm

<ok> <gent> <applause>. Dummet at LB doesn't look like a credible option now. <urgh>
Who plays at LB tho if Hall is out at the weekend? Our bench v Everton <erk>

Murphy at RB and Krafth at LB? Otherwise it has to be either Dummett or Ritchie (you’d think he’d go Dummett).
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:26 am

Has to be Dummett, surely? Unless the coaching staff feel robocop is ready to start at LCB and shift Burn back to fullback?
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:30 am

Genuinely would rather Dummett CB and Burn LB. I'm actually annoyed with myself for typing that.

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:55 am

Colly wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:30 am
Genuinely would rather Dummett CB and Burn LB. I'm actually annoyed with myself for typing that.
Can we not just forfeit the game, take the 0-3 loss and spare everyone the trauma instead?

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:37 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:09 am
Sanchino wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:26 pm

Who plays at LB tho if Hall is out at the weekend? Our bench v Everton <erk>

Murphy at RB and Krafth at LB? Otherwise it has to be either Dummett or Ritchie (you’d think he’d go Dummett).
Not sure. Murphy at RB with Barnes / Gordon ahead of him? Kraft at LB.. or Dummet/young Murphy at CB / Burn LB?

Our options and are bench at Fulham looking bleak.. could see us nicking a point though but Fulham are decent at home. <urgh>

A win would be a big boost definitely.. Gordon coming back is big and Isak's form is excellent so not worried about our attacking prowess and goals will come but our leaky defence is a worry and so is our soft center of a midfield without Big Joe.

Line-up for Fulham (IMO)

Dubra
Murphy Schar Burn Kraft
Anderson Bruno Willock
Barnes Isak Gordon

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:30 pm

Apparently Hall just had tiredness / cramp so should be ok for Saturday you’d think with 3-4 days to rest. Probably won’t last the entire match but at least if we can get him for an hour or so it’s a bit better. Don’t think anyone else is expected back <erk>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:52 pm

Apparently Willocks' season is over.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:43 pm

That's fine, our season was over weeks ago if I read correctly.

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:57 pm

Sounds like he was rushed back from injury too soon. Story of the season having players come back too early as we're so threadbare.