Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Matchday thread - Toon v 'ammers

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:22 pm

beatski wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:18 pm
Colly wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:05 pm
What a f***ing game. All the talk will rightly be about the stupidity of Moyes taking Antonio off for Phillips and then compounding it by bringing a defender on for Ward-Prowse, but the attacking talent we had on the pitch for that last half hour was insane. Gordon, Barnes, Anderson and Hall may only have two haircuts between them, but the intent to cause carnage from all of them was different class. Against a motivated better side we'd have been broken on and conceded a 4th, but today it just worked. Honestly felt a lot like the Arsenal 4-4, but whereas it was the red card in that game that changed the whole complexion and atmosphere of the game, here it was just a combination of our forced subs and their unforced ones.

What a game.
<laugh> <laugh>
This <laugh>

I wonder with lascelles out it means Burn must move to centre back (unless he plays Dummett there <laugh> ) if we can see a few starts a LB for Hall? Especially as Tino will likely be out on Tuesday.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:25 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:22 pm
beatski wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:18 pm

<laugh> <laugh>
This <laugh>

I wonder with lascelles out it means Burn must move to centre back (unless he plays Dummett there <laugh> ) if we can see a few starts a LB for Hall? Especially as Tino will likely be out on Tuesday.
I'd bloody well hope so!
And I noticed Targett didnt make the bench again. What the hell is going on with his injuries now?
Is Trippier likely to be in contention for Tuesday?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:25 pm

beatski wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:25 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:22 pm

This <laugh>

I'd bloody well hope so!
And I noticed Targett didnt make the bench again. What the hell is going on with his injuries now?
I think Trippier arrived with the squad today so can’t be far away, you’d think.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:29 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
beatski wrote:

I'd bloody well hope so!
I think Trippier arrived with the squad today so can’t be far away, you’d think.
That would be a relief. Hall - Burn - Schar - Trippier back line is pretty good IMO

Also, I read that Lascelles' last two starts, he's gone off injured. He's out of contract in the summer and i would have argued that a year's extension would have been good for cover/depth, but its no good if he can't be relied on to be fit.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:45 pm

To be fair, while I can't remember the last one the one today was the result of a challenge (granted one that I think he went into wrongfooted). Tino went off injured too with a similar impact injury and you wouldn't hold that against him.

Howe said Trippier isn't far off, so at least in the squad Tuesday.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:09 pm

Colly wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:45 pm
To be fair, while I can't remember the last one the one today was the result of a challenge (granted one that I think he went into wrongfooted). Tino went off injured too with a similar impact injury and you wouldn't hold that against him.
Fair, missed the match so didnt know the circumstance. That bit of info just popped up on the bbc feed

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:48 pm

Just got home, well worth all the effort I put in to get a ticket! <diva>

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:01 pm

Well tbh that was just a mad mad game, what a finish and the noise in the ground was tremendous at times.

No way we should have ever been 3-1 down , especially after the ending to the first half and Bruno’s effort but we were as a result of our abysmal defending.

We then seemed to miss so many chances in the second half was getting embarrassing

So much wrong with us at times but bi fuc what a response to a bad situation.

I cannot speak for the whole ground but it was clear West Ham were there for the taking and when we got the second it was on.

West Ham fans must be seething but it was great after their taunting us at 3-1 , then the 4-3 moment , wow, that’ll live long in the memory.

A great afternoon.
Clydeside & Tyneside

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:40 pm

Deserved to get beat for Ole-ing with half an hour to go.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:40 pm

I get the feeling that I might be bad luck... Tuned in for the 3x West Ham goals, then had to go out, check the score and it was 4-3...

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:52 pm

Cal wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:40 pm
I get the feeling that I might be bad luck... Tuned in for the 3x West Ham goals, then had to go out, check the score and it was 4-3...
Next time we are trailing, be sure to be called away on urgent business
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

speedy68

Post by speedy68 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:14 am

beatski wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:29 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:

That would be a relief. Hall - Burn - Schar - Trippier back line is pretty good IMO

Also, I read that Lascelles' last two starts, he's gone off injured. He's out of contract in the summer and i would have argued that a year's extension would have been good for cover/depth, but its no good if he can't be relied on to be fit.
he's signed a new contract

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:52 am

Was working but managed to catch the first half, missed the second, sounded like a mad half.

Again the Hall situation is as baffling as ever, Howe even admitted he f***ed up with the first sub and that played a massive part in their first goal. Really don't know his f***ing process right now especially with Hall still getting minutes, is he just trying to prove a point at the moment, he reshuffled the whole back line with a sub rather than putting a LB at LB & CB at CB, i honestly can't think of any logical footballing reason for a decision like that. Take your CB off for a RB, move your RB to LB your LB to CB, madness.

Problems are becoming more apparent with every passing game, 9/10 we won't have a comeback like that, the problems at the moment are mounting up both on the field and off the field. The club just seems in chaos right now, the medical team doesn't seem fit for purpose at all and we need a root and branch investigation of the whole set up.
Same can be said of the recruitment, that's partially solved with Ashworth on his way out but whoever comes in needs to sort out our actual process as Howe probably has a bit too much influence on the whole thing, also we can't have another Tonali situation.

Back to the game, I can't believe there hasn't been much, if anything said about Isak's pass for Barnes 1st goal, if that was Bruno everyone would be raving, that was class, we need to work on getting Isak into games more as he's clearly a top talent.

Barnes is an absolute killer at times, need to keep him fit but just as important that we fix our system to get the best from him, I think in last years team he gets a bag full of goals, he needs to play in a dominant attacking system. This years s*** show can see him drift out of games and that's been a shame as it's led to unnecessary criticism of him.

Lastly that ref and his officials are absolute jokers, West Hams second goal was the worst of it, I thought any head injury was supposed to be treated as seriously as possible? What happened to the protocols, disgusting officiating and shows the game is a long way behind in terms of approach to head trauma, even without the goal that decision was a disgrace.
Thought our second pen was probably a little soft too and the Gordon second yellow was ridiculous, the ball clearly is passed directly to a West Ham player, it's hardly been kicked away. Maybe naive from Gordon but f*** me the ref has to use whatever shred of common sense he has there.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:14 am

speedy68 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:14 am
beatski wrote:

well then, that's that!

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:32 pm

beatski wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:14 am
speedy68 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:14 am

well then, that's that!
<dotheameobi>

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:37 pm

Colly wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:32 pm
beatski wrote:

well then, that's that!
<dotheameobi>

This has got to be the worst season on record for injuries in PL history surely
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:53 pm

Colly wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:32 pm
beatski wrote:

well then, that's that!
<dotheameobi>

Jesus.

Sweepstake for the next player to pick up a serious injury during our run-in?

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:09 pm

beatski wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:

This. Also for the Everton game with Gordon suspended Barnes HAS to start. I'll play this team..

Dubra
Tripper* Schar Burn Hall
Anderson Bruno Willock
Murphy Isak Barnes

Miggy is injured if not would have said give him a start over Murphy to reshuffle things.. sub bench might be looking bleak though if Tino, Miggy, etc dont make it. Anderson has to start over Longstaff give him a shot has good energy about him and him n' Hall changed the dynamic of the game. Longstaff needs a break. <ok>

Bench we will probably see Young Murphy come in and Parkinson/etc wouldn't be surprised. Squad looking real stretched now with all these injuries we can't catch a break.. when 1 or 2 come back into the fold 2/3 others come out of the fold. Nightmare with 2 of our senior CB's out for a long time and our young promising hot shot (Miley) out for the next 6 weeks. <urgh>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:05 pm

Rewatching MOTD, can’t get over how bad Longstaff’s attempted finish was when completely unmarked in the box, really don’t think it’s possible for him to do any worse than he did <laugh>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:21 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:05 pm
Rewatching MOTD, can’t get over how bad Longstaff’s attempted finish was when completely unmarked in the box, really don’t think it’s possible for him to do any worse than he did <laugh>
He's getting progressively worse in all aspects of his game. His dire finishing could be excused before because he seemed vital to how we played, this season he's been horrendous.

Also on rewatching highlights today I'm undecided on if Dubravka could have done better for the Antonio and Bowen goals, for both he seemed so indecisive on whether to come off his line or not, think at the least he made both finishes much easier than they should have been, I think this is definitely where Pope is missed.