Fouls and Yellow cards

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Fouls and Yellow cards

Post by originallad » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:50 pm

Just watching QPR v Leeds.

Gnonto just tried to slide tackle a QPR player. He missed and it was his first foul. But in this day and age it's classed as yellow. And he received one.

My question is...

Do you prefer how the game is played now where any strong challenge or missed tackle could be met with a yellow card or go back 20 years when more leeway was given?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Fouls and Yellow cards

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:27 pm

Depends on the the challenge for me. Pisses me off when a blatant yellow isn’t given because “it’s early in the game”. Doesn’t matter if it’s the first minute or the last minute, if it’s a yellow card worthy foul then give the booking. What I don’t like is petty yellow’s early on for a tiny shirt pull or grab of someone’s arm (unless it’s obviously stopping a promising attack).

Tho I do enjoy watching YouTube completions of tackles from the 80s and early 90s <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Re: Fouls and Yellow cards

Post by originallad » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:30 pm

bodacious benny wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:27 pm
Depends on the the challenge for me. Pisses me off when a blatant yellow isn’t given because “it’s early in the game”. Doesn’t matter if it’s the first minute or the last minute, if it’s a yellow card worthy foul then give the booking. What I don’t like is petty yellow’s early on for a tiny shirt pull or grab of someone’s arm (unless it’s obviously stopping a promising attack).

Tho I do enjoy watching YouTube completions of tackles from the 80s and early 90s <laugh>
People born now look back at the 90s like the people born in the 90s looked back at the 60s :(