Euro 2024 chat

originallad
France
France
Posts: 5295
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:19 am
Location: Greater Manchester

Re: Euro 2024 chat

Post by originallad » Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:05 pm

Southgate is keeping Kane on just in case of penalties.

originallad
France
France
Posts: 5295
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:19 am
Location: Greater Manchester

Re: Euro 2024 chat

Post by originallad » Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:06 pm

Knowing Southgate's logic he's probably starting Kane just in case of penalties.

Don Sholeone
Germany
Germany
Posts: 12361
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Euro 2024 chat

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:12 pm

Gordon looked pretty defeated there <erk>

User avatar
bodacious benny
Italy
Italy
Posts: 36347
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Euro 2024 chat

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:15 pm

As a non England fan I’m hoping this goes to pens. Schar to cooly slot one home.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Don Sholeone
Germany
Germany
Posts: 12361
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Euro 2024 chat

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:18 pm

I honestly think if we somehow win this tournament I won't get any joy from it, everything so far has been bland, boring and predictable, we don't deserve to be in this position, should have been out twice already.

User avatar
bodacious benny
Italy
Italy
Posts: 36347
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Euro 2024 chat

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:23 pm

Imagine a France v England final - two teams coached by a negative dullard. My only hope is Spain make the final and wipe the floor with England if they get there <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

originallad
France
France
Posts: 5295
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:19 am
Location: Greater Manchester

Re: Euro 2024 chat

Post by originallad » Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:25 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:18 pm
I honestly think if we somehow win this tournament I won't get any joy from it, everything so far has been bland, boring and predictable, we don't deserve to be in this position, should have been out twice already.
💯 this.

originallad
France
France
Posts: 5295
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:19 am
Location: Greater Manchester

Re: Euro 2024 chat

Post by originallad » Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:30 pm

I've never been so apathetic watching England. I feel sad.

I remember Euro 96. The comradery within the team, the fans, the country. The hope we had for the next decade after those Euros. It's gone progressively worse since then but this is a new level of low for me.

originallad
France
France
Posts: 5295
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:19 am
Location: Greater Manchester

Re: Euro 2024 chat

Post by originallad » Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:36 pm

Schar!

ToonViking
Tindall's Hoody
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun May 24, 2015 5:46 pm

Re: Euro 2024 chat

Post by ToonViking » Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:40 pm

originallad wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:36 pm
Schar!
Aye, Geordies beating Mackems 😎

User avatar
Donkey Toon
Austria
Austria
Posts: 8148
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:46 pm

Re: Euro 2024 chat

Post by Donkey Toon » Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:44 pm

originallad wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:25 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:18 pm
I honestly think if we somehow win this tournament I won't get any joy from it, everything so far has been bland, boring and predictable, we don't deserve to be in this position, should have been out twice already.
💯 this.
Sums it up for me as well.

Don Sholeone
Germany
Germany
Posts: 12361
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Euro 2024 chat

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:52 pm

originallad wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:30 pm
I've never been so apathetic watching England. I feel sad.

I remember Euro 96. The comradery within the team, the fans, the country. The hope we had for the next decade after those Euros. It's gone progressively worse since then but this is a new level of low for me.
Same, I'm a million miles away from what I felt as a kid with Euro 96. Wasn't old enough to full understand football, remember crying when we went out.

Even though we've had it s*** since then I've never been so apathetic to England and that's all on Southgate for me. It's a shame as we probably have the best team we have ever had, but it feels like us when it was always a battle for 17th place, always trying to grind out just enough.

User avatar
Colback's Orange Tufts
Croatia
Croatia
Posts: 12072
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:48 pm
Location: Near the ducks

Re: Euro 2024 chat

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:53 pm

Ferdinand on Southgate "he gets the big decisions right". No no no. If he'd played a balanced game from the start it wouldn't have been pens
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

User avatar
bodacious benny
Italy
Italy
Posts: 36347
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Euro 2024 chat

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:55 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:53 pm
Ferdinand on Southgate "he gets the big decisions right". No no no. If he'd played a balanced game from the start it wouldn't have been pens
Yep, Rio showing his amazing insight once more.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Don Sholeone
Germany
Germany
Posts: 12361
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Euro 2024 chat

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:59 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:53 pm
Ferdinand on Southgate "he gets the big decisions right". No no no. If he'd played a balanced game from the start it wouldn't have been pens
This is the problem, we always see just doing enough as a huge success. We sprinkle glitter on dog s*** so we can pretend it's not dog s***.

originallad
France
France
Posts: 5295
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:19 am
Location: Greater Manchester

Re: Euro 2024 chat

Post by originallad » Sat Jul 06, 2024 7:04 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:52 pm
originallad wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:30 pm
I've never been so apathetic watching England. I feel sad.

I remember Euro 96. The comradery within the team, the fans, the country. The hope we had for the next decade after those Euros. It's gone progressively worse since then but this is a new level of low for me.
Same, I'm a million miles away from what I felt as a kid with Euro 96. Wasn't old enough to full understand football, remember crying when we went out.

Even though we've had it s*** since then I've never been so apathetic to England and that's all on Southgate for me. It's a shame as we probably have the best team we have ever had, but it feels like us when it was always a battle for 17th place, always trying to grind out just enough.
And yet somehow we're in the semis. Doesn't make any sense.

We have been s***. Switzerland looked more like scoring than us. They should have won it before penalties. Yet it took one poor penalty from them and they're out.

At least when Greece won twenty years ago their plan was to defend resolutely and counter.

Us on the other hand have got to the Semis on one piece of brilliance in the last seconds and a penalty shoot out.

originallad
France
France
Posts: 5295
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:19 am
Location: Greater Manchester

Re: Euro 2024 chat

Post by originallad » Sat Jul 06, 2024 7:07 pm

Imo we are here by chance.

If Southgate had played the right players in the right positions, with the right tactics we would have steamrolled the group and been into the semis with aplomb with every fan excited.

As it is, everyone is thinking "how tf have we managed this?!"

Don Sholeone
Germany
Germany
Posts: 12361
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Euro 2024 chat

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Jul 06, 2024 7:17 pm

As critical as I was of us and Howe last season I can't f***ing wait till we are back now, nothing like a bit of Dullgate to put our current situation into perspective 🤣🤣

User avatar
jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 9476
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: :noitacoL

Re: Euro 2024 chat

Post by jpg » Sat Jul 06, 2024 7:54 pm

Don’t care if we’re s***, we’re through. Southgate is gone after the tournament regardless. Enjoy it while it lasts.

The apathy feels an issue for international football in general; over-expansion and eclipsed by standard of club football, of which there is too much.

Also I’m getting older and have adult life to get on with - can’t believe I’m saying this.

User avatar
jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 9476
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: :noitacoL

Re: Euro 2024 chat

Post by jpg » Sat Jul 06, 2024 7:55 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 7:17 pm
As critical as I was of us and Howe last season I can't f***ing wait till we are back now, nothing like a bit of Dullgate to put our current situation into perspective 🤣🤣
Wouldn’t rule out Howe becoming England manager this summer. Pochettino anyone?

Post Reply