Links to other clubs' main forums

Best forum of 2013

ToonForum
31
41%
RTG - Pure Football
23
31%
RAWK
0
No votes
http://www.caravantalk.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
15
20%
http://www.christianforums.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
6
8%
 
Total votes: 75

User avatar
ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies
Posts: 20274
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:46 pm
Location: Down Sowf

Re: Links to other clubs' main forums

Post by ALF » Tue May 30, 2017 3:38 pm

Ramone wrote:
ALF wrote:Just been on RTG to have a laugh and I actually quite like the sounds of this...

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/a ... e.1367517/
Utterly moronic, the issue with the league is the gap between the top 5/6 and the rest of the league. Relegating more teams each season wouldn't help at all.

If FFP was actually properly implemented and teams had to be viable, profit-making businesses instead of billionaires' play things the gap between the "big" teams and everyone else would shrink significantly. Unfortunately that's never going to happen.
Something needs to be done. Imagine being a WBA fan this season, or even us in most of our recent spell in the league. Tools downed once safety is confirmed leading to a depressing second half of the season.

User avatar
Remember Colo
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 9066
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Links to other clubs' main forums

Post by Remember Colo » Tue May 30, 2017 3:57 pm

ALF wrote:
Ramone wrote:
Utterly moronic, the issue with the league is the gap between the top 5/6 and the rest of the league. Relegating more teams each season wouldn't help at all.

If FFP was actually properly implemented and teams had to be viable, profit-making businesses instead of billionaires' play things the gap between the "big" teams and everyone else would shrink significantly. Unfortunately that's never going to happen.
Something needs to be done. Imagine being a WBA fan this season, or even us in most of our recent spell in the league. Tools downed once safety is confirmed leading to a depressing second half of the season.
Most sports in the world don't even have a relegation system, and their fans manage. That said, a lot of sports have salary caps, drafts, etc. that provide a certain measure of parody that means financial muscle doesn't create such a divided system of haves and have-nots. So I'm not disagreeing with you, but adding more risk of relegation to create more drama for mid table clubs doesn't strike me as the solution.

User avatar
Ramone
Interblew
Interblew
Posts: 18674
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:47 am
Location: The Homeland

Re: Links to other clubs' main forums

Post by Ramone » Tue May 30, 2017 4:09 pm

ALF wrote:
Ramone wrote:
Utterly moronic, the issue with the league is the gap between the top 5/6 and the rest of the league. Relegating more teams each season wouldn't help at all.

If FFP was actually properly implemented and teams had to be viable, profit-making businesses instead of billionaires' play things the gap between the "big" teams and everyone else would shrink significantly. Unfortunately that's never going to happen.
Something needs to be done. Imagine being a WBA fan this season, or even us in most of our recent spell in the league. Tools downed once safety is confirmed leading to a depressing second half of the season.
But the premise here seems to be that people enjoy a relegation battle, that hasn't been my experience at all.
REQUIEM

User avatar
The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 8960
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:08 pm

Re: Links to other clubs' main forums

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Tue May 30, 2017 4:59 pm

Ramone wrote:
ALF wrote:
Something needs to be done. Imagine being a WBA fan this season, or even us in most of our recent spell in the league. Tools downed once safety is confirmed leading to a depressing second half of the season.
But the premise here seems to be that people enjoy a relegation battle, that hasn't been my experience at all.
Yeah, the people who's team aren't involved in a relegation battle.

User avatar
biggeordiedave
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 23147
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Northumberland... so not actually a Geordie

Re: Links to other clubs' main forums

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:00 am

Kindly deeds done for free!

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 25720
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Links to other clubs' main forums

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:12 am

<laugh>

Whilst I agree that our current squad will struggle, to suggest that he'd rather have the current Sunderland squad over our current squad <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Holystone...
Grammer Police Chef
Grammer Police Chef
Posts: 6697
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:38 am
Location: Gosforth

Re: Links to other clubs' main forums

Post by Holystone... » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:47 am

Terry for Villa a proper statement of intent from a club I don't much like .
Ashley tells you it's raining. Do you look out the window?

User avatar
Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Posts: 8620
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:40 pm
Location: London

Re: Links to other clubs' main forums

Post by Speedo » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:34 am

Holystone... wrote:Terry for Villa a proper statement of intent from a club I don't much like .
Their intent being to stay in the Championship...
I had the first custom w***

User avatar
Aldridge Perez
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor
Posts: 6621
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:40 pm
Location: Washington, Tyne & Wear

Re: Links to other clubs' main forums

Post by Aldridge Perez » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:32 am

biggeordiedave wrote:https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/n ... e.1376559/

I'll leave this here.
Incredible isn't it? Completely f***ed and disinterested squad, ancient/crocked defence, midfield completely devoid of any talent, no actual strikers on their books. None.

But they wouldn't swap for a squad that has just won the league they're in.

Outstanding <applause>

User avatar
ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies
Posts: 20274
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:46 pm
Location: Down Sowf

Re: Links to other clubs' main forums

Post by ALF » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:46 am

Aldridge Prior wrote:
biggeordiedave wrote:https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/n ... e.1376559/

I'll leave this here.
Incredible isn't it? Completely f***ed and disinterested squad, ancient/crocked defence, midfield completely devoid of any talent, no actual strikers on their books. None.

But they wouldn't swap for a squad that has just won the league they're in.

Outstanding <applause>
In fairness, on that first page it was the most sensible I've ever seen that forum <laugh>

User avatar
biggeordiedave
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 23147
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Northumberland... so not actually a Geordie

Re: Links to other clubs' main forums

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:07 pm

ALF wrote:
Aldridge Prior wrote:
Incredible isn't it? Completely f***ed and disinterested squad, ancient/crocked defence, midfield completely devoid of any talent, no actual strikers on their books. None.

But they wouldn't swap for a squad that has just won the league they're in.

Outstanding <applause>
In fairness, on that first page it was the most sensible I've ever seen that forum <laugh>
It was just more for that initial post <laugh>. Staggering levels of delusion. As one of them quite rightly pointed out, they'd have slated us had we said the same last season, and we'd have actually had more of a case for it. We had Sissoko, Wijnaldum and Janmaat. They're talking about Lens and Khazri <laugh>.
Kindly deeds done for free!

User avatar
Graw
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1723
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: Links to other clubs' main forums

Post by Graw » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:45 pm

'Looking at our squads as they are now I don't see much difference at all.'

From someone on RTG comparing ours and theirs <laugh> <laugh> They dont even have a striker atm I dont think.. Shelvey or Rodwell? Ritchie or Khazri? O'Shea or Lascelles/Clark? <laugh> They also only have 1 keeper.

Looking up their squad they have so many crocks/old plodders plus a load of youngsters I dont even know. I really hope their posts saying our squads are the about the same are wind ups, for their sake.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 25720
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Links to other clubs' main forums

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:53 pm

Poll on this thread is a little out of date <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging
Posts: 19161
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: Links to other clubs' main forums

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:30 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:Poll on this thread is a little out of date <laugh>
Yeah. caravantalk.co.uk has gone really downhill since :(

User avatar
seatonsluicetoon
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1377
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:01 am
Location: Costa del Croydon

Re: Links to other clubs' main forums

Post by seatonsluicetoon » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:32 pm

Supercalifragilisticexpiameobi

User avatar
seatonsluicetoon
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1377
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:01 am
Location: Costa del Croydon

Re: Links to other clubs' main forums

Post by seatonsluicetoon » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:26 pm

There's a debate going on now about the fact that one of their new kits has some black and white on it and how it would be a disgrace.

It has led to this:
Mackem 1:
I've seen people on here say they won't even have anything black and white in the house purely on principle, whether it's a pair of socks or a teatowel. Makes me question their sanity tbh.

Mackem 2:
I try and stay away from it like..tea towels..t shirts..trainers..anything that's commonly black and white I don't buy.
I've pointed out that the font on their forum is black on a white background. That must really f*** Mackem 2 up.
Supercalifragilisticexpiameobi

User avatar
biggeordiedave
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 23147
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Northumberland... so not actually a Geordie

Re: Links to other clubs' main forums

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:28 pm

seatonsluicetoon wrote:There's a debate going on now about the fact that one of their new kits has some black and white on it and how it would be a disgrace.

It has led to this:
Mackem 1:
I've seen people on here say they won't even have anything black and white in the house purely on principle, whether it's a pair of socks or a teatowel. Makes me question their sanity tbh.

Mackem 2:
I try and stay away from it like..tea towels..t shirts..trainers..anything that's commonly black and white I don't buy.
I've pointed out that the font on their forum is black on a white background. That must really f*** Mackem 2 up.
The funny thing is, they seem to think we're all like that <laugh>.
Kindly deeds done for free!

User avatar
seatonsluicetoon
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Posts: 1377
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:01 am
Location: Costa del Croydon

Re: Links to other clubs' main forums

Post by seatonsluicetoon » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:32 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
seatonsluicetoon wrote:There's a debate going on now about the fact that one of their new kits has some black and white on it and how it would be a disgrace.

It has led to this:



I've pointed out that the font on their forum is black on a white background. That must really **** Mackem 2 up.
The funny thing is, they seem to think we're all like that <laugh>.
You wouldn't catch me playing Where's Wally and I'll fight the man who says otherwise.
Supercalifragilisticexpiameobi

User avatar
Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police
Posts: 7267
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:23 pm
Location: Newcastle, High Heaton

Re: Links to other clubs' main forums

Post by Toondes » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:35 pm

I've just checked and I honestly dont anything with red and white stripes . Oh no , does that make me like them !!!
# stolen from nufc.com :)

User avatar
Remember Colo
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 9066
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Links to other clubs' main forums

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:40 pm

seatonsluicetoon wrote:
biggeordiedave wrote:
The funny thing is, they seem to think we're all like that <laugh>.
You wouldn't catch me playing Where's Wally and I'll fight the man who says otherwise.
He's wearing red and white hoops anyway - totally different! <roll>

Post Reply