The Match Tickets Thread

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Re: The Match Tickets Thread

Post by Colly » Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:25 pm

Just had an email asking if I want to apply to move my seat to the safe standing area. I don't (I'm lazy and my seat is great), but they're getting organised at least.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:14 pm

Colly wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:42 pm
£55 is the reduced Season Ticket holder advanced package price, so expect £60+ for everyone else. I get it's the prestige competition, but Man City charge a lot less and they just won a treble. I get that we'll fill the ground regardless (unlike them), but it feels so unnecessary when ticket income is such a minor part of the total bundle where most comes from TV rights. Against Real Madrid fair enough, but Red Star Belgrade are in pot 3...

I think the days of cheap kids prices have gone sadly.

On another note I've very sensibly booked a trip to Spain where my flight coincides perfectly with the Villa game, so I'll be testing the passing on of e-tickets very early. I have little faith, the season ticket email says I can pass it to anyone in my family and friends, but everyone in that is a season ticket holder. Do you have to be a paid member to be in a family and friends group or can you just be registered on the site?
I’ve just added a load of family and friends to my account on the off chance I can’t get to a game . They don’t don’t need to be a paid up memeber to be added . They just need to register on the website and get a supporter ID . One they have that you just add them in using supported id and postcode they used to register .
# stolen from nufc.com :)

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:09 pm

Toondes wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:14 pm
Colly wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:42 pm
£55 is the reduced Season Ticket holder advanced package price, so expect £60+ for everyone else. I get it's the prestige competition, but Man City charge a lot less and they just won a treble. I get that we'll fill the ground regardless (unlike them), but it feels so unnecessary when ticket income is such a minor part of the total bundle where most comes from TV rights. Against Real Madrid fair enough, but Red Star Belgrade are in pot 3...

I think the days of cheap kids prices have gone sadly.

On another note I've very sensibly booked a trip to Spain where my flight coincides perfectly with the Villa game, so I'll be testing the passing on of e-tickets very early. I have little faith, the season ticket email says I can pass it to anyone in my family and friends, but everyone in that is a season ticket holder. Do you have to be a paid member to be in a family and friends group or can you just be registered on the site?
I’ve just added a load of family and friends to my account on the off chance I can’t get to a game . They don’t don’t need to be a paid up memeber to be added . They just need to register on the website and get a supporter ID . One they have that you just add them in using supported id and postcode they used to register .
Toonforum is your real family. Just saying <whistle>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:15 pm

So, a little under 4 weeks until the first game of the season and still no news on membership for 2023/24. <grr>

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:19 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:09 pm
Toondes wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:14 pm

Toonforum is your real family. Just saying <whistle>
👍🏻
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:10 pm

Completely random aside, but I noticed there's still tickets for the preseason tournament despite it being near impossible to get tickets for competitive games these days. Have the club overestimated quite how much people are willing to stretch in a fairly poor area of the country during a cost of living crisis? I was half tempted to take the family but it's a big shell out when I've also just committed to all the cup schemes, and I'd imagine a lot of other season ticket holders feel the same.

I know selling out for pre season is utterly unessential, but I think there are limits to exploiting loyalty, even if "every penny goes back into the club".

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:37 pm

Saturday is £30 for 3 games which I don’t think is bad.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:31 pm

I think that's fair, though I can't imagine there'll be much of a crowd for Nice v Villareal, and women's games have been £5 adults £1 kids so far. £30 on it's own sounds fine but near £100 for a family of 4 for preseason is a lot. Even more so when you consider the two games in two days routine which means you're only getting half a Newcastle team anyway.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:37 pm

Yeah if it’s a family it adds up. But nothing is cheap now. It cost me £30 for 2 cinema tickets on Sunday night.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:24 pm

UlversToon wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:15 pm
So, a little under 4 weeks until the first game of the season and still no news on membership for 2023/24. <grr>
Under 3 weeks to go now and still no news! <grr> <grr>

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:47 pm

Nothing on how the e ticketing works either.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:10 pm

UlversToon wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:24 pm
UlversToon wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:15 pm
The biggest news is that they recently updated this page to remove the old 22/23 benefits, which were listed alongside a message saying 23/24 would be revealed soon. Now we have to wait for last season to be revealed <fist>

https://book.nufc.co.uk/Memberships
New Memberships

Being a member brings supporters even closer to the club, providing a range of exclusive benefits and priority access to home and away match tickets and discounts across the club.

Information about 2022/23 Membership will be published in due course.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:30 pm

Cal wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:10 pm
UlversToon wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:24 pm

The biggest news is that they recently updated this page to remove the old 22/23 benefits, which were listed alongside a message saying 23/24 would be revealed soon. Now we have to wait for last season to be revealed <fist>

https://book.nufc.co.uk/Memberships
New Memberships

Being a member brings supporters even closer to the club, providing a range of exclusive benefits and priority access to home and away match tickets and discounts across the club.

Information about 2022/23 Membership will be published in due course.
Friday revelation?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:46 pm

I assume the amount of memberships available is limited? Think I’ll have to try getting one again this season.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:51 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:46 pm
I assume the amount of memberships available is limited? Think I’ll have to try getting one again this season.
Probably, I'm just hoping memberships and tickets for the Villa game don't go on sale on the same day as I'll be in total meltdown if they do!

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:08 am

Newcastle United's official club membership will go on sale for the 2023/24 season at 10am on Wednesday, 26th July.

Being a member brings supporters even closer to the club, providing a range of exclusive benefits and priority access to home match tickets.

Members will once again have a priority period for home match tickets. This season, the opportunity to attend online fan events with legends and players is included. The club is also introducing a specific Membership category for international fans.

Membership is priced at £37 for adults and £20 for under-18s. Membership can be purchased at book.nufc.co.uk.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:47 am

On it!

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:27 am

Looks like it could be a free for all with no loyalty (?) shown for existing members and I think season ticket holders will also have to apply although I'm not sure on that.

Going to be fun tomorrow morning! <erk>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:41 am

UlversToon wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:27 am
Looks like it could be a free for all with no loyalty (?) shown for existing members and I think season ticket holders will also have to apply although I'm not sure on that.

Going to be fun tomorrow morning! <erk>
Yes to both, it's first come first served.

I do agree that ST holders shouldn't automatically get it anyway as they've already got access to a guaranteed seat for themselves.

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:01 am

Looks like there's going to be a ballot for tickets:-

"Adult Membership

* Digital Membership card
* Priority access to tickets to home matches via a ballot - STRICTLY ONE TICKET PER MEMBER
* No booking fee when purchasing tickets
* Access to ticket re-sale opportunities
* Access to two digital events with Club Legends and/or players (subject to availability, terms and conditions apply)
* Access to streaming (where available)
* Get 25% off food and beverage on matchday for the first 30 minutes after gates open
* 10% discount on drinks and 15% off food at Shearers Bar on non-matchdays
* 25% discount on stadium tours
* Free hire of event space in Shearer's (once per season - terms and conditions apply)"