TFI – Player Ratings vs Everton – 25 Mar 14

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

TFI – Player Ratings vs Everton – 25 Mar 14

Post by Cal » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:27 am

To come up with these figures we ask forum members to rate each player’s performance in the concerned game out of 10, which we then average out to get a rating representative of the fans’ views, we also collect a few user comments to summarise how the player did and show a few different viewpoints from the board. The top scoring player is man of the match; the lowest is mug of the match. This time 15 members cast their votes and shared their opinions.

The same starting line-up that barely beat Palace three days prior, and lost to Fulham a week before, put in an abject performance, akin to those of our previous losing streak in February, against an in-form Everton side to subject us to our 13th defeat of the season. The game opened with chances at either end ultimately serving only to pad the shooting stats, and after 21 minutes and a string of ineffective corners Barkley burst down-field, beat Dummett, Anita and Coloccini, and blasted past Krul to open the scoring.

Early in the second half another attack down their right would result in a goal, this time Deulofeu was found in acres of space behind Dummett and crossed the ball for a Lukaku finish at the near post. A couple of close chances to halve the deficit came Newcastle's way as both Gouffran and Anita narrowly missed good opportunities, before an unmarked Osman sealed the outcome with a thunderous drive three minutes from time.

Despite the generally poor performance, there were enough decent showings that the average rating of 4.70 isn't as low as the scoreline would suggest, however the rating of 2.61 for Pardew/Carver, who again failed to rotate the side or address issues that have been glaring in recent games, is more appropriate. This is the twelfth time this year, out of 13 games, that the managerial ratings have lacked behind the player ratings, the exceptionbeing the Man City game where the manager beat the players by just 0.16, a pretty damning indication of how much the fans have lost faith in Pardew.

Cissé again put in a hard-working display and threatened to return to goalscoring form again, earning him man of the match and a rating of 6.30, while Dummett playing a part in all three conceded goals saw him dubbed mug of the match with his rating of 2.80.

[tfi]140325[/tfi]
(You can click on player names to go to their pages)
Krul - 5.67 Ratings ranged between 4.5 and 6
"Not to blame, but not faultless either. Needs to organise those in front of him better."
"Made a few good saves. Must wince at the back 4."
"A couple of good saves but his reluctance to come for crosses puts us under unnecessary pressure and his kicking was poor."

Yanga-Mbiwa - 3.97 Ratings ranged between 2 and 5
"Absolutely awful at right back, can't wait until Debuchy is back."
"Not a right back, but he tried on a night when others didn't."
"Cannot even trap/control simple balls."

Williamson - 4.43 Ratings ranged between 3.5 and 6
"Couldn't cope with Everton's movement."
"The best of the back four but still out of position too often."
"Poor."

Coloccini - 3.47 Ratings ranged between 2 and 5
"Probably his worst performance for us since we got murdered at Bolton a few years ago."
"Pulled around like a puppet on a string."
"Freezes every time we play Lukaku."

Dummett - 2.80 Ratings ranged between 2 and 4
"Absolutely torn to shreds by Deulofeu."
"Awful positioning, never in it against the lad from Barcelona."
"Dreadful, torn apart. Confidence looks shot."

Sissoko - 5.40 Ratings ranged between 4 and 6.5
"Lacks the basic knowledge that is essential to being a top player. Fantastic athlete, poor footballer."
"At least he looked interested."
"Ran well, but needs far better skill/vision on end product."

Anita - 5.27 Ratings ranged between 4 and 7
"Tried, but still think we expect him to be Cabaye stand in."
"Doesn't work in a 2 man midfield; too lightweight, passing even let him down once or twice tonight. Missed a sitter."
"Cracking game, poor miss but he was one of our only bright sparks."

Tioté - 5.63 Ratings ranged between 3 and 7
"The only one to come out of this game with any credit, the only player in our team with any fight in him."
"Battled hard, let down by others around him. "
"Struggled all night and was erratic at times."

Gouffran - 3.47 Ratings ranged between 2 and 4.5
"Awful tonight, also had chances to score. I'd rest him at some point and give others a go to show what they can do. He is already on holiday."
"Appalling from start to finish; cost us a goal, missed a sitter, and almost cost us a 2nd goal but for a decent save from Krul."
"Awful. So sloppy, passed it to Everton more than he did his teammates."

De Jong - 3.30 Ratings ranged between 2 and 4.5
"Looks unfit, can't shoot, is weak as a straw house in a hurricane. Poor performance."
"Why are we hoping he will come good? Get rid. Thank the lord he is on loan."
"I want him to do well and he has the ability to do so, but I just don't see things working out for him. He needs to improve to secure a contract. I hope he does, but I'm not too optimistic. He was very hot and cold today."

Cissé - 6.30 (MOTM) Ratings ranged between 4 and 7
"A lot better. I hope he continues this resurgence in form."
"Ran several lines but for f***'s sake, would someone show him how to stay onside?"
"One player who looked like doing something. Unlucky not to score."

Ben Arfa - 6.27 Ratings ranged between 4 and 8
"Just doesn't do enough, looks like he doesn't want to be with us."
"Our best player. How the f*** he didn't start is beyond me. Needs to leave in the summer, he has a great talent and Pardew is wasting it."
"Again showed more in a short cameo than our other 'wingers' Gouffran and Sissoko have managed in the last three games combined. Unfit or not he has to start on Saturday."

Marveaux - 5.11 Ratings ranged between 4 and 6
"Hopefully gets some more game time over the next few weeks to see how he can do."
"At least he tried."
"Did nothing wrong, but nothing right either."

Shola - N/A
"No mark for Shola but him being brought on was an f***ing insult - we are 3-0 down at home (AGAIN) and it is a cold, wet Tuesday evening, most of us have work the next day. Why prolong our misery?!"

Pardew / Carver - 2.61 Ratings ranged between 1 and 4
"Why start the same f***ing team that got beat off Fulham and limped past Palace? Idiots."

"Got it wrong, substitution were poor and too late. Overall we were a poor poor team, and deserved the defeat we really need to get some quality in in the summer. We are missing some real quality no one runs at the opposition, we can't turn defences."

"Dummett shouldn't be playing when Haidara's fit, and it cost us. Ben Arfa should have started; Everton are a good team, but we should be having a go at them up here. Also what was the point in bringing Ameobi on with 3 minutes of injury time to go?"

"Awful tactics. Awful team selection. Awful manager. On paper we have a better team than Everton yet in reality they are infinitely better than us, and that's because they have a great manager who plays good football and effectively utilises their players whereas we have a **** who hates players with tactical ability and talent because he doesn't know how to utilise them. Pardew has the tactical nous of a wet fart. The only reason we scraped a win against one of the worst teams in the league is because of Ben Arfa yet he still doesn't start him."

"As I've said for a long time, our manager is clueless and none of the coaches inspire any kind of confidence in terms of actually being able to develop players. I'm not saying we HAVE to go down the continental route, but it seems bringing in a new coach or two (I've accepted we won't be getting a new manager any time soon) will surely improve matters. How we are so far behind a team like Everton who have even less resources than us is beyond me."

"2 in midfield and Ben Arfa on the bench, since sort of set up proves exactly why Alan Pardew is not fit to be a Premier League manager. Everton have been awful away from home, looked like Barcelona and Real Madrid combined against us though."