Nothing between them
30%

Total votes: 46

Cheik the room
Banned
Banned

Steven Taylor or Mike Williamson?

Post by Cheik the room » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:07 pm

I hope people will be honest enough to not base their opinions off the last 2 games, but who they think is the better defender. The majority on this site have claimed donkey Williamson is superior to Taylor for the last year or so, I have never been able to figure out why...
Last edited by Cheik the room on Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yeah, because when they shout go, go, go, go, take him on, take him on, you know, you, you can fly, you go and you try because it's a joy to play in front of our supporters."

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Re: Steven Taylor or Mike Williamson?

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:09 pm

Can there be a don't know option?

Taylor is quicker and controls a ball better, but Willo is calmer and less prone to stupidity. So I honestly don't know (or it depends on the type of team we face)
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

LaFraise92
Mmya!!
Mmya!!

Post by LaFraise92 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:12 pm

Based on the last two games I'd keep playing Taylor until his form drops. That's how management should work.
fatbastardvegetarian wrote:What the **** is wrong with me? I'm on my honeymoon and trying to watch LaFraise on f****** University Challenge <laugh>

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:21 pm

LaFraise92 wrote:Based on the last two games I'd keep playing Taylor until his form drops. That's how management should work.
This.

Both are utter **** though same with Colo. The three of them shouldn't be in a Premier League squad.

Jaiston
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Jaiston » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:25 pm

Taylor. He's so far ahead of Williamson when he's in form, but when he's s***...oh wow he fucks up.
Last edited by Jaiston on Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cheik the room
Banned
Banned

Post by Cheik the room » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:26 pm

Cisse's Overheating Torso wrote:Can there be a don't know option?

Taylor is quicker and controls a ball better, but Willo is calmer and less prone to stupidity. So I honestly don't know (or it depends on the type of team we face)
Added a 3rd option to the poll.
"Yeah, because when they shout go, go, go, go, take him on, take him on, you know, you, you can fly, you go and you try because it's a joy to play in front of our supporters."

Cheik the room
Banned
Banned

Post by Cheik the room » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:26 pm

LaFraise92 wrote:Based on the last two games I'd keep playing Taylor until his form drops. That's how management should work.
Agreed but that's not the question.

Goat
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Goat » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:28 pm

I've always thought that Steven Taylor was better than Williamson. Not a huge amount better, but definitely better.

There was even that spell during our 5th place finish season before Saylor got injured, where he partnered Colo and I believe we had the 1st or 2nd fewest goals conceded in the league for quite a long period of time.

They're also definitely a lot more compatible compared to Colo and Willo. I've never thought that they've really gelled that well, and to be honest, that's probably half of the problem. Saylor and Colo seem to read each other much better.
 ∧∧
(・ω・ )
uu_)~

Swarlos
Annoying Shitmuncher
Annoying Shitmuncher

Post by Swarlos » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:29 pm

Ive got no idea now. Hopefully is on one of those amazing streaks where he gets called into the England setup at the end. He has always had these poor/amazing spells

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:29 pm

Saylor for now. They both go through good and bad spells of form. Hence why whenever we have this poll its always outrageously in favour of one or the other.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:29 pm

Taylor, by a distance.

Yacob
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Post by Yacob » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:29 pm

Over their Newcastle careers, i'd say Taylor was the better player, but Willo has had a good couple of years. It's difficult, but probably Taylor by a shade. He does pull out some complete shockers though, while Willo is more consistent.

Jaiston
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Jaiston » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:30 pm

Yacob wrote:Over their Newcastle careers, i'd say Taylor was the better player, but Willo has had a good couple of years. It's difficult, but probably Taylor by a shade. He does pull out some complete shockers though, while Willo is more consistent.
Which years are those exactly ?

<laugh>

We conceded 127 goals in two years !

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:31 pm

Nothing between them, but as La Fraise says, Saylor on current form should stay in until he fucks up.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:31 pm

Cheik the room wrote:
Cisse's Overheating Torso wrote:Can there be a don't know option?

Added a 3rd option to the poll.
Cheers
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:33 pm

<ok>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Cheik the room
Banned
Banned

Post by Cheik the room » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:34 pm

beardface wrote:Saylor for now. They both go through good and bad spells of form. Hence why whenever we have this poll its always outrageously in favour of one or the other.
Can I ask when Mike Williamson's good spells of form have been? I just don't see it, can't remember him ever putting in back to back decent performances any time in the last couple of years.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:34 pm

Yacob wrote:Over their Newcastle careers, i'd say Taylor was the better player, but Willo has had a good couple of years. It's difficult, but probably Taylor by a shade. He does pull out some complete shockers though, while Willo is more consistent.
Consistently s****.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:35 pm

Taylor's the better player, especially on the ball, but he's prone to moments of complete idiocy and feels like a ticking timebomb at the back. Williamson can be great when used right and is probably more reliable, but can also be shocking when we're not playing around his limitations (or the opposition are).

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:38 pm

Cal wrote:Williamson can be great when used right
Williamson could never ever be referred to as great. He can be okay / good (e.g. Away at villa this season) but great is pushing it.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?