Other Clubs' Transfer Rumours/Deals (Summer 15/16)

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Other Clubs' Transfer Rumours/Deals (Summer 15/16)

Post by Cal » Thu May 07, 2015 10:40 am

Use this thread to post rumours or confirmed deals related to other clubs' transfers in or out this summer, as well as deals completed that aren't worthy of a thread.

If it's a major story/development from a trusted source or an ongoing saga then give it its own thread, even if it's not necessarily to do with NUFC.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Re: Other Clubs' Transfer Rumours/Deals (Summer 15/16)

Post by Cal » Thu May 07, 2015 10:40 am

A couple of big stories today, so I guess it's time for this thread.

Memphis Depay to Man Utd, BBC claiming a fee of around £30m:
[tweet][/tweet]

Yaya Touré possibly leaving Man City:
[tweet][/tweet]

Over The Line
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Over The Line » Thu May 07, 2015 10:41 am

Cabaye to Liverpool for £10m according to the gossip papers.

L8RS
Botman's Cowl

Post by L8RS » Thu May 07, 2015 10:43 am

Over The Line wrote:Cabaye to Liverpool for £10m according to the gossip papers.
N'tep to Liverpool too.

Let the Sky millions roar the team home. Let the bulging cash account suck a goal into the Gallowgate net when it’s most needed.
I’m out; let them sink or swim without me, for the near future at least.

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Thu May 07, 2015 12:01 pm

Shola Ameobi (C Palace): The pacy former Newcastle man joined Palace on a short-term deal and financial pressure looks likely to push him towards exit.
Just seen this in an article about potential free transfers.
REQUIEM

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu May 07, 2015 12:02 pm

Ramone wrote:
Shola Ameobi (C Palace): The pacy former Newcastle man joined Palace on a short-term deal and financial pressure looks likely to push him towards exit.
Just seen this in an article about potential free transfers.
<dotheameobi>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon May 18, 2015 9:11 pm

Sterling whining like a b**** saying he wants to leave Liverpool as he feels let down, bullied etc <laugh>

Yet another stupidly rich young footballer who has zero idea about real life.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon May 18, 2015 9:16 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:Sterling whining like a b**** saying he wants to leave Liverpool as he feels let down, bullied etc <laugh>

He gets harsh press. He's turned down a contract offer of £100,000 a week, nearly three times as much as his current deal. Rodgers was very public about how good the deal was and made it clear as day that it was all on Sterling. He hung the kid out to dry.

As a footballer he's nowhere near the level he's hyped to, but as a person he's always been made to look a much bigger cronut than he is.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon May 18, 2015 9:19 pm

Frank Dialogue wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:Sterling whining like a b**** saying he wants to leave Liverpool as he feels let down, bullied etc <laugh>

He gets harsh press. He's turned down a contract offer of £100,000 a week, nearly three times as much as his current deal. Rodgers was very public about how good the deal was and made it clear as day that it was all on Sterling. He hung the kid out to dry.

As a footballer he's nowhere near the level he's hyped to, but as a person he's always been made to look a much bigger cronut than he is.
I agree with Rodgers, it's far more than he should be getting paid. He had two choices. Stay at the club that have been developing and get paid £5.2m a year. Or chase the money at another club already. He could easily stay and develop for a year or two more at liverpool and if they're not successful them move on, he's just jumping on the cash as soon as he can.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon May 18, 2015 9:28 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Frank Dialogue wrote:

I agree with Rodgers, it's far more than he should be getting paid. He had two choices. Stay at the club that have been developing and get paid £5.2m a year. Or chase the money at another club already. He could easily stay and develop for a year or two more at liverpool and if they're not successful them move on, he's just jumping on the cash as soon as he can.
He hasn't demanded more money though. His decision has absolutely nothing to do with finances. He's clearly got a better idea of football than most of the media. He sees that Liverpool aren't actually a huge club anymore that compete for big honours. He wants to play in the Champions League which won't happen for Liverpool any time soon. If he stayed it would be for the money.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon May 18, 2015 9:40 pm

He's certainly got ideas above his station.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon May 18, 2015 10:09 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:He's certainly got ideas above his station.
He believes his own hype but so do a lot of teams. Liverpool are going backwards again and their fans have already turned on him. He can move to a bigger club and play with better players.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon May 18, 2015 10:12 pm

Frank Dialogue wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:He's certainly got ideas above his station.
He believes his own hype but so do a lot of teams. Liverpool are going backwards again and their fans have already turned on him. He can move to a bigger club and play with better players.
True. But I think his level right now is the level that liverpool are at personally.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon May 18, 2015 10:55 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Frank Dialogue wrote:
True. But I think his level right now is the level that liverpool are at personally.
That is true. But he is one of their best players, he's aiming to improve and Liverpool are going backwards.

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Tue May 19, 2015 12:22 am

It is the right decision for him to leave Liverpool. Rodgers is an idiot. He's been played as a false 9 and a wing back more times than he's been played as an out and out winger this season. He needs to move to a club who have a manager that won't try and ruin him.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue May 19, 2015 7:01 am

TJR wrote:He needs to move to a club who have a manager that won't try and ruin him.
That's us out of the question then <roll>

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Tue May 19, 2015 8:32 am

From an England perspective I'd rather he stayed at Liverpool.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue May 19, 2015 9:33 am

TJR wrote:It is the right decision for him to leave Liverpool. Rodgers is an idiot. He's been played as a false 9 and a wing back more times than he's been played as an out and out winger this season. He needs to move to a club who have a manager that won't try and ruin him.
He'd play left back here.

Holystone...
Grammer Police Chef
Grammer Police Chef

Post by Holystone... » Wed May 20, 2015 6:25 am

Just noticed in all the hype of Sterling leaving Liverpool, Glen Johnson on £120,000 a week!! <yikes>
Ashley tells you it's raining. Do you look out the window?

L8RS
Botman's Cowl

Post by L8RS » Wed May 20, 2015 6:39 am

I'd rather he played for Arsenal.

Let the Sky millions roar the team home. Let the bulging cash account suck a goal into the Gallowgate net when it’s most needed.
I’m out; let them sink or swim without me, for the near future at least.