Mike Williamson & Danny Simpson

Geordie Boot Boy!
Miggy's Smiles

Re: Mike Williamson & Danny Simpson

Post by Geordie Boot Boy! » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:52 pm

Tash wrote:
Geordie Boot Boy! wrote:
We shouldn't be criticising someone who's s*** at crossing because hes a defender? <scratch>

I genuinely believe hes one of the worst right backs in the league, but each to their own I suppose.
Well, obviously his level of quality will be highlighted due to our current position. In mid-table he was a good right back, but in a top 6/7 side, he's inadequate and we aim for better.
I thought he was poor in the championship and last season, for the record.

Tash.
Banned
Banned

Post by Tash. » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:59 pm

Geordie Boot Boy! wrote:
Tash wrote:
Well, obviously his level of quality will be highlighted due to our current position. In mid-table he was a good right back, but in a top 6/7 side, he's inadequate and we aim for better.
I thought he was poor in the championship and last season, for the record.
Ok. But I seriously think that Simmo isn't a critical weakness in our team. We should aim higher but he's not as critical as Willo is.

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:31 pm

LeonBestIsMint wrote:Simmo had a decent effort today <whistle>

Was probably a cross.

cbrad NUFC
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by cbrad NUFC » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:32 pm

Got to say had many criticisms of Simpson in recent weeks but I thought he did alright today, well certainly better than most. Same goes for Santon as well

ThrillerinAsprilla
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by ThrillerinAsprilla » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:28 am

"The Sunday Sun understands Simpson has been offered a five-year deal worth £25,000-a-week but wants further talks later in the season."

Further talks, the lad aint worth 2,500 a week let alone 25,000

Aldridge Prior
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor

Post by Aldridge Prior » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:28 am

Sorry but I reckon Simpson and Willo are both critically inept Tash. Simmo more so imo. He doesn't have any of the attributes to be a successful fullback. He's poor on the ball, he's poor off the ball, he's defensively poor and offers little going forward.

His positioning is very poor and he's not sharp enough to deal with fast opposition attackers. Willo's main problem is that he's shockingly slow but he's just about adequate in most other areas. If Simmo had more pace and was quicker thinking he'd be able to help Willo out a bit more.

Our team is totally unbalanced imo because Simpson isn't solid enough to let our RW attack enough without having to track back and when he does make a good overlapping run, his crosses are usually too high or, like yesterday, just floated to the keeper.

Get rid of both, substantially better replacements would be available for just a few million.

Jaiston
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Jaiston » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:58 am

Williamson's passing, decision making, tackling, pace is all piss poor.

Both should be replaced in the summer.

Holystone...
Grammer Police Chef
Grammer Police Chef

Post by Holystone... » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:07 am

Good post. Some bloke in the pub said Simmo was ok because he does little wrong <doh>

Apart from cannot tackle/ position himself/distribute/ cross balls away from keeper.........
Ashley tells you it's raining. Do you look out the window?

Jaiston
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Jaiston » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:11 am

holystone wrote:Good post. Some bloke in the pub said Simmo was ok because he does little wrong <doh>

Apart from cannot tackle/ position himself/distribute/ cross balls away from keeper.........
Everyone of our players cross to their keeper more then crossing anywhere near our own attackers, its bloody frustrating. <laugh>
Does Pardew ever make anyone practice crossing?

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:58 am

Aldridge Prior wrote:Sorry but I reckon Simpson and Willo are both critically inept Tash. Simmo more so imo. He doesn't have any of the attributes to be a successful fullback. He's poor on the ball, he's poor off the ball, he's defensively poor and offers little going forward.

His positioning is very poor and he's not sharp enough to deal with fast opposition attackers. Willo's main problem is that he's shockingly slow but he's just about adequate in most other areas. If Simmo had more pace and was quicker thinking he'd be able to help Willo out a bit more.

Our team is totally unbalanced imo because Simpson isn't solid enough to let our RW attack enough without having to track back and when he does make a good overlapping run, his crosses are usually too high or, like yesterday, just floated to the keeper.

Get rid of both, substantially better replacements would be available for just a few million.
<applause> Completely agree with everything here.

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:59 am

Tash wrote:Well unfortunately, only Raylor can put in a better cross on the right than Simmo, so we shouldn't be crticising Simmo for that. He's a RB, he shouldn't be criticised for s*** crossing because his job is defending.

He overlaps quite well and sometimes puts in a decent ball.

He's not amazing, but not bad either. He's good compared to most RB's in this league.
<laugh>

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:01 pm

He's just so frustrating. I've been talking about this to my mate at the match for the best part of three seasons now, but he hit the nail on the head yesterday. When he'll have been picked up by Man U at 13 or 14 or whatever he'll have had the same strengths that he has now, physically decent, not bad passing, not a bad tackle when he actually puts one in, but all the attributes he should've picked up in the next few years to become a pro (positioning, decision making) he has failed to gain, and its always been the same. He even confirmed it himself when talking about Fergie on Goals on Sunday.

Tash keeps saying he has bad games when other players do. This is nonsense. Every game he drifts out of position, hides behind the centre halfs at random moments, and allows players to beat him or just put a cross in without making any real effort to stop it in dangerous areas. Even games we've won he's done exactly the same thing and we've either been lucky enough for it not to matter (Keane v Villa, drifts into the middle, Colo suddenly has two men, N'zogbia unmarked passes to a now free Keane in the confusion) or someone else does his work for him. Even yesterday Jarvis' goal deflects off him because he's not close enough to his winger. Watch him in any game and just watch where he is when the ball isn't near him, which you'll struggle to do in the pub. Its absolutely horrendous, not good enough, and irritating because its a problem he could sort out if he tried, unfortunately he seems to think he's above improvement (witness his ignorance of criticism on Twitter, his mocking of the contract rumours yet a comment on the ludicrous England rumours, and his f***ing phone game) and hasn't in three years here. Even worse is his blaming other players, which happened repeatedly yesterday, whether it be Williamson when once again Simpson ignored his winger or the strikers when he floated an awful left footed cross right into Hennesseys arms.

I'd love him to improve, but it just isn't happening, and if a non signing of his contract and seeing who will actually take him on is needed to do it, then so be it.

Geordie Boot Boy!
Miggy's Smiles

Post by Geordie Boot Boy! » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:38 pm

Colly wrote:He's just so frustrating. I've been talking about this to my mate at the match for the best part of three seasons now, but he hit the nail on the head yesterday. When he'll have been picked up by Man U at 13 or 14 or whatever he'll have had the same strengths that he has now, physically decent, not bad passing, not a bad tackle when he actually puts one in, but all the attributes he should've picked up in the next few years to become a pro (positioning, decision making) he has failed to gain, and its always been the same. He even confirmed it himself when talking about Fergie on Goals on Sunday.

Tash keeps saying he has bad games when other players do. This is nonsense. Every game he drifts out of position, hides behind the centre halfs at random moments, and allows players to beat him or just put a cross in without making any real effort to stop it in dangerous areas. Even games we've won he's done exactly the same thing and we've either been lucky enough for it not to matter (Keane v Villa, drifts into the middle, Colo suddenly has two men, N'zogbia unmarked passes to a now free Keane in the confusion) or someone else does his work for him. Even yesterday Jarvis' goal deflects off him because he's not close enough to his winger. Watch him in any game and just watch where he is when the ball isn't near him, which you'll struggle to do in the pub. Its absolutely horrendous, not good enough, and irritating because its a problem he could sort out if he tried, unfortunately he seems to think he's above improvement (witness his ignorance of criticism on Twitter, his mocking of the contract rumours yet a comment on the ludicrous England rumours, and his f****** phone game) and hasn't in three years here. Even worse is his blaming other players, which happened repeatedly yesterday, whether it be Williamson when once again Simpson ignored his winger or the strikers when he floated an awful left footed cross right into Hennesseys arms.

I'd love him to improve, but it just isn't happening, and if a non signing of his contract and seeing who will actually take him on is needed to do it, then so be it.
Cracking post, agree 1000000%

These are my exact thoughts.

GRB
I Survived The Onslaught Highscore Failure
I Survived The Onslaught Highscore Failure

Post by GRB » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:51 pm

He still backs off its getting ridicules now
ImageImage

Man utd play on Munich anniversary, tubes run on 7/7, planes still fly on 9/11, mackems play on 31/10.. Time to move on!!”

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:53 pm

Geordie Boot Boy! wrote:
Colly wrote:He's just so frustrating. I've been talking about this to my mate at the match for the best part of three seasons now, but he hit the nail on the head yesterday. When he'll have been picked up by Man U at 13 or 14 or whatever he'll have had the same strengths that he has now, physically decent, not bad passing, not a bad tackle when he actually puts one in, but all the attributes he should've picked up in the next few years to become a pro (positioning, decision making) he has failed to gain, and its always been the same. He even confirmed it himself when talking about Fergie on Goals on Sunday.

Tash keeps saying he has bad games when other players do. This is nonsense. Every game he drifts out of position, hides behind the centre halfs at random moments, and allows players to beat him or just put a cross in without making any real effort to stop it in dangerous areas. Even games we've won he's done exactly the same thing and we've either been lucky enough for it not to matter (Keane v Villa, drifts into the middle, Colo suddenly has two men, N'zogbia unmarked passes to a now free Keane in the confusion) or someone else does his work for him. Even yesterday Jarvis' goal deflects off him because he's not close enough to his winger. Watch him in any game and just watch where he is when the ball isn't near him, which you'll struggle to do in the pub. Its absolutely horrendous, not good enough, and irritating because its a problem he could sort out if he tried, unfortunately he seems to think he's above improvement (witness his ignorance of criticism on Twitter, his mocking of the contract rumours yet a comment on the ludicrous England rumours, and his f****** phone game) and hasn't in three years here. Even worse is his blaming other players, which happened repeatedly yesterday, whether it be Williamson when once again Simpson ignored his winger or the strikers when he floated an awful left footed cross right into Hennesseys arms.

I'm thinking I might just copy and paste it into the inevitable 'Simpson' thread after every game, would save me typing yet another version...

Geordie Boot Boy!
Miggy's Smiles

Post by Geordie Boot Boy! » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:56 pm

Colly wrote:
Geordie Boot Boy! wrote:

I'm thinking I might just copy and paste it into the inevitable 'Simpson' thread after every game, would save me typing yet another version...
Probably best off hoying it in your sig mate <laugh>

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:46 pm

Tash keeps saying he has bad games when other players do. This is nonsense. Every game he drifts out of position, hides behind the centre halfs at random moments, and allows players to beat him or just put a cross in without making any real effort to stop it in dangerous areas. Even games we've won he's done exactly the same thing and we've either been lucky enough for it not to matter (Keane v Villa, drifts into the middle, Colo suddenly has two men, N'zogbia unmarked passes to a now free Keane in the confusion) or someone else does his work for him. Even yesterday Jarvis' goal deflects off him because he's not close enough to his winger. Watch him in any game and just watch where he is when the ball isn't near him, which you'll struggle to do in the pub. Its absolutely horrendous, not good enough, and irritating because its a problem he could sort out if he tried, unfortunately he seems to think he's above improvement (witness his ignorance of criticism on Twitter, his mocking of the contract rumours yet a comment on the ludicrous England rumours, and his f***ing phone game) and hasn't in three years here. Even worse is his blaming other players, which happened repeatedly yesterday, whether it be Williamson when once again Simpson ignored his winger or the strikers when he floated an awful left footed cross right into Hennesseys arms.

<applause> Fantastic post. I agree completely, I couldn't have put it better myself.

Lidl
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by Lidl » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:52 pm

Literally everything there <applause>

I sometimes wonder whether we'd be better off with Perch at RB for a few games. At least he listens to criticism and it might make Simpson up his game to try to win back his place.
If This Is How You Folks Make Art, Well That's f***ing Depressing

Get It On My Back You Slag!

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:04 pm

Good post, completely agree. Simpson is w***
I dunno

steviemac14
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by steviemac14 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:33 pm

Williamson is a heap of s**** - I've always said that for the record - Simpson isn't bad but the fact everyone else in our team is pretty decent he looks a lot worse than he is.
"I think I was eating a pie at the time."

J. Carver