Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Re: The Saido Berahino Deadline Thread

Post by Over The Line » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:34 pm

LuqueBoss wrote:
The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:
Behave. <wenger>
Imagine that though.
The backtracking on RTG would be incredible.

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:26 pm

I know the majority on this forum were against this deal but I was looking forward to the excitement of a big money deal. Now it looks like it's all but off and in reflection it's been a good window for us. We might be a CB and LB short but I think we'll have enough to stay up. It will be interesting to see if we return to this in the summer.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:34 pm

Berahino left training early today, West Brom claim it was a knock.

PFT
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PFT » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:41 pm

TB12 wrote:I know the majority on this forum were against this deal but I was looking forward to the excitement of a big money deal. Now it looks like it's all but off and in reflection it's been a good window for us. We might be a CB and LB short but I think we'll have enough to stay up. It will be interesting to see if we return to this in the summer.
Think our only chance of getting him would have been this window. Spurs will get him in the summer. <urgh>
formerly known as Bigi Bigi Bigi Can't You See & IMTE

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:42 pm

I think the whole Berahino saga has got a bit petty and probably personal, WBA have received silly money offers for him, he wants to leave he's not a regular at the moment because of it all, so why hold onto him? If we are relegation rivals then why not accept from spurs or Stoke?.
It's getting to the point where its just holding him back as a player, the lad has talent and there is so much emphasis these days on bring up Homegrown players yet WBA seem willing to take away possibly 2 years of his career over a petty dispute.
If he decides to run down his final year and leave for nothing then West Brom only have themselves to blame and a part of me wants him to do it.

PFT

Post by PFT » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:44 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:I think the whole Berahino saga has got a bit petty and probably personal, WBA have received silly money offers for him, he wants to leave he's not a regular at the moment because of it all, so why hold onto him? If we are relegation rivals then why not accept from spurs or Stoke?.
It's getting to the point where its just holding him back as a player, the lad has talent and there is so much emphasis these days on bring up Homegrown players yet WBA seem willing to take away possibly 2 years of his career over a petty dispute.
If he decides to run down his final year and leave for nothing then West Brom only have themselves to blame and a part of me wants him to do it.
They can get something from a tribunal if he leaves on a fee , it was mentioned earlier on SSN. They'll be able to use the bids from us, Spurs and Stoke to deem what kind of money they get if he leaves for "free".

Le Quiff
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Le Quiff » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:46 pm

Iron Mikes Tiny Eyes wrote:
Don Sholeone wrote:I think the whole Berahino saga has got a bit petty and probably personal, WBA have received silly money offers for him, he wants to leave he's not a regular at the moment because of it all, so why hold onto him? If we are relegation rivals then why not accept from spurs or Stoke?.
They can get something from a tribunal if he leaves on a fee , it was mentioned earlier on SSN. They'll be able to use the bids from us, Spurs and Stoke to deem what kind of money they get if he leaves for "free".
Yeah they'll still get quite a large sum.
It's not about money... It's about sending a message.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:49 pm

They will get a fee but nothing close to 20m, I think they would be lucky to get 10m

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:52 pm

This.

WBA are not going to sell him in this window, they have made it clear numerous times now. He'll leave in the summer for less.

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:53 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:They will get a fee but nothing close to 20m, I think they would be lucky to get 10m
This. Plus there's every possibility that he goes on a drought between now and the end of the season/gets a bad injury or another striker could become available that Spurs fancy more in the summer. It's a risk WBA are taking for sure.

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:58 pm

Even if they sold him for 10 mill in the summer, the loss won't be such a big deal after the new TV deal. And if Berahino was so desperate to leave, he would put at least a transfer request by now, but since there isn't...

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:01 pm

Johnny from the block wrote:Even if they sold him for 10 mill in the summer, the loss won't be such a big deal after the new TV deal. And if Berahino was so desperate to leave, he would put at least a transfer request by now, but since there isn't...
What would handing in a transfer request do?

Everyone knows that he wants to leave and the club can always reject the request leaving him in the position he's in now.

Or if your Ross McCormack, get an improved deal <whistle>

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:02 pm

This is not going to happen, is it? <neg>

Le Quiff
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Le Quiff » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:02 pm

Johnny from the block wrote:Even if they sold him for 10 mill in the summer, the loss won't be such a big deal after the new TV deal. And if Berahino was so desperate to leave, he would put at least a transfer request by now, but since there isn't...

Everyone knows that he wants to leave and the club can always reject the request leaving him in the position he's in now.

Means WBA get more money, a transfer request means you waive all bonus and contract money the club owe you.
It's not about money... It's about sending a message.

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:04 pm

UlversToon wrote:This is not going to happen, is it? <neg>
Nope...

I just hope we get a LB. Having Dummett as our 1st choice LB just makes me <puke>

PFT

Post by PFT » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:05 pm

I would understand WBA refusing to sell if they were playing him regularly in the league but they're not.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:06 pm

Le Quiff wrote:

Means WBA get more money, a transfer request means you waive all bonus and contract money the club owe you.
This. Didn't we tell Carroll to hand one in otherwise we'd have owed him loads from his new contract.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:02 pm

So annoyed about this. I hope WBA get f*** all for him in the summer the cunts

Goat
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Goat » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:52 pm

Iron Mikes Tiny Eyes wrote:I would understand WBA refusing to sell if they were playing him regularly in the league but they're not.
This.

They don't want to sell, but they aren't even using him either.

It's pure stubbornness from the club. An ego battle they don't want to lose. He will leave eventually, and they're virtually guaranteed to get a fair bit less than what we've offered.
 ∧∧
(・ω・ )
uu_)~

Yacob
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Post by Yacob » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:01 pm

Goat wrote:
Iron Mikes Tiny Eyes wrote:I would understand WBA refusing to sell if they were playing him regularly in the league but they're not.
This.

They don't want to sell, but they aren't even using him either.

It's pure stubbornness from the club. An ego battle they don't want to lose. He will leave eventually, and they're virtually guaranteed to get a fair bit less than what we've offered.
I think this from the secret footballer must be about Berahino and it's interesting.

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/arti ... -standoff/