Your Player Ratings vs Swansea (16/04/16)

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Your Player Ratings vs Swansea (16/04/16)

Post by Cal » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:53 pm

Rate the players, leave a comment and they'll be collated for use in the TFI match report and database. The more people that leave ratings the better it will be. It's important that you don't exaggerate player ratings, if you do it defeats the purpose of us collecting the data, so be as objective as possible. Clearly ridiculous ratings aren't included, so giving undeserved 1s or 10s won't skew ratings. Also, use the order I've posted, as it's a lot harder to collect the data otherwise.

Don't just submit blanket ratings like "1 for everyone", the point of this is to rate individual performances.

Rate in multiples of 0.5 up to a maximum of 10 (7, 7.5, 8, etc). Anything else will be rounded to the nearest .5 anyway.

Use this order. Please.

Darlow -

Anita -
Mbemba -
Lascelles -
Dummett -

Tioté -
Colback -

Townsend -
Sissoko -
Wijnaldum -

Cissé -

Shelvey -
Ayoze -
Mitrović -

Benítez -

Use the order above.

For consistency, please try to rate players roughly along the lines of this scale. 1s and 10s should be extremely rare and only for performances that could be considered among the best/worst of all time or the absolute best/worst that could be done.
10 - A godlike performance, such as getting a hat-trick of goals/assists or being utterly dominant at the back. This should be a rarity.
9 - Outstanding performance.
8 - Very good performance.
7 - Good performance.
6 - High average.
5.5 - Average average. Use this as the baseline.
5 - Low average.
4 - Poor, perhaps with the occasional bright moment.
3 - Very bad, several mistakes with little to no redemption.
2 - Horrendous, almost as bad as it is possible to perform.
1 - Among the worst performances of all time. This should be extremely rare.

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Re: Your Player Ratings vs Swansea (16/04/16)

Post by beardface » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:55 pm

10's all round <goat>

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:03 pm

Darlow - 7 - Did well with what he had to do.

Anita - 7 - Infinitely better at RB than Janmaat. Only got beat once or twice.
Mbemba - 8 - Solid, some great blocks and tackles.
Lascelles - 8 - Played like a leader.
Dummett - 7 - Like Anita, got beat a couple of times but generally solid, we always look better when he plays.

Tioté - 6 - Did what he had to do, wasn't spectacular but was decent enough.
Colback - 5 - Squandered a few good chances, gave away a few silly free kicks but worked hard and wasn't as bad as normal.

Townsend - 7.5 - Good goal and looked a threat when he had the ball. Needs to learn to pass a bit more though, so frustrating being on an attack and him dribbling one along the floor from 30 yards when there's options.
Sissoko - 6.5 - Good finish, worked harder than I've seen him work all season.
Wijnaldum - 5 - Still pretty anonymous.

Cissé - 6 - Worked hard first half and his hold up play was decent, from throw ins especially. Just doesn't look like scoring ever again though.

Shelvey - 6 - Did alright, we looked better without him, a luxury player that isn't as good as he thinks.
Ayoze - 6 - Some good moments, looked more dangerous than Wijnaldum in his brief cameo.
Mitrović - 8 - 2 assists. Made a serious impact.

Benítez - 8 - Tactically spot on, best we've looked defensively all season. Not sure about the starting 11 but we've won and the subs were good.

Obertans Magic Head
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Obertans Magic Head » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:15 pm

Darlow - 6.5 Clean sheet

Anita - 7 Better then any of Janmaat's recent performances, should keep his place
Mbemba - 8 Solid
Lascelles - 8 Solid, should be one of the first names on the team sheet, hope he keeps his place ahead of captain useless and hopeless Taylor.
Dummett - 7 Good to have him back. Decent defending, not much going forward

Tioté - 7 Solid enough
Colback - 6.5 Better than usual, provided some much needed energy

Townsend - 7.5 The winger we've needed since we were promoted.
Sissoko - 7.5 So much better as AM, don't know why he hasn't been moved there earlier this season when hes been so poor out wide.
Wijnaldum - 5 Some signs of quality but mostly anonymous as usual.

Cissé - 6.5 Worked hard and held the ball well

Shelvey - 6 Did alright, good decision to drop him though, we had more energy without him
Ayoze - 7 Better than Wijnaldum when he came on, tried to make something happen
Mitrović - 8 Can't ask for much more from a sub, shame he didn't get a goal at the end.

Benítez - 9 Won the game, didn't like the look of the line up but it worked well. Decent subs made at the right times.

Paco
First Night Blues
First Night Blues

Post by Paco » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:19 pm

Darlow - 6.5

Anita - 7 - Actually marshalled Montero quite well
Mbemba - 8
Lascelles - 8 - Actually a threat from set pieces <awe>
Dummett - 7

Tioté - 7
Colback - 6

Townsend - 8.5 - MotM
Sissoko - 7
Wijnaldum - 5

Cissé - 6

Shelvey - 6
Ayoze - 6
Mitrović - 8

Benítez - 8

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:24 pm

Darlow - 7 - kept a clean sheet, didnt have too much to do

Anita - 8 did fantastic keeping Montero quiet
Mbemba - 8
Lascelles - 8
Dummett - 7

Tioté - 5.5 too much of a liability at times
Colback -6

Townsend - 8 - Looks so dangerous, proving to be a good buy
Sissoko - 8 - hoping his goal and being captain inspires him to put in more performances like this
Wijnaldum - 5.5 needs to step up, fed up of him becoming anonymous

Cissé - 6 high work rate

Shelvey - 6
Ayoze - 6 - tries too hard at times, needs to be more composed and intelligent on the ball
Mitrović - 8 - Quality, cannot defend against him on his day, just needs to add more goals to his game.

Benítez - 9 - constantly organizing and working on tactics even after the 2nd went in, our best manager in a long time

MulticulturalMag
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MulticulturalMag » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:35 pm

Darlow - 6.5 Didn't have to do much

Anita - 7 Surprised how well he did
Mbemba - 8 Solid
Lascelles - 8 Solid, composed and got a goal
Dummett - 7 Decent defensively, awful going forward, but good enough today

Tioté - 6 Solid
Colback - 6 Ran a lot but didn't do much

Townsend - 8 Great performance. Has to learn to pass though, sometimes his decision-making lets him down
Sissoko - 7 Better
Wijnaldum - 5 Still s***

Cissé - 6 worked hard

Shelvey - 5.5 A bit sloppy
Ayoze - 6 Needs to be more composed
Mitrović - 7 Good assist, shame about the chance at the end. Should start vs City to bully Mangala and Otamendi

Benítez - 8 Got it all right today, hopefully he can keep it going!
纽卡斯尔联足球俱乐部!

Dr. Bishop
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Dr. Bishop » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:36 pm

Darlow - 7 - Looked much more assured in the few times he was called into action. Kicking was slightly improved this week.
Anita - 7 - Was terrified when I saw he was up against Montero at kick off, but did extremely well.
Mbemba - 8 - Looks so much more assured in everything he does at RCB and without Taylor. Played very well.
Lascelles - 8 - The lads a beast. When was the last time we had a quick CB who was also quite dominant in the air?
Dummett - 7 - Solid overall. If he could improve his skills with the ball at his feet, he'd actually probably make a decent all round fullback.

Tioté - 6.5 - Harassed and harried well. Looked a little rusty on the ball, but that's unsurprising given he's in and out of the side.
Colback - 6 - See Tiote, except he is still in the habit of giving away silly free kicks.

Townsend - 7.5 - Good composure for the goal. Tracked back and helped Anita excellently. Just needs to improve his decision making, too often goes for the spectacular when there is a man on the outside.
Sissoko - 6.5 - Perhaps we've found a position he can be of some use? Good finish.
Wijnaldum - 5 - Anonymous in the main, but did help out defensively when needed.

Cissé - 6.5 - He's still pretty useless, but his energy in closing down and running the channels at least allows us to press higher as a team. Some decent hold up play, but needs to learn how to head in the right direction.

Shelvey - 5.5 - Meh. Couple of good passes but that was about it. Far too lazy in getting back at times.
Ayoze - 6 - Some good moments, but he needs to learn to release the ball earlier. Almost always tries to do one too many things.
Mitrović - 8 - Other than a goal, you can't really ask for much more than two assists. Made an impact at a time when Swansea seriously had the upper hand.

Benítez - 8.5 - Set us up perfectly in my opinion. We looked the most balanced and defensively strong as we have all season. People will probably criticise his selection of Colback, Sissoko and Cisse, but each of them allowed us to keep Swansea fairly quiet up until they tired.
“I just got an erection. Oh, fear not. It’s nothing to do with your state of undress. I just simply need to urinate.”
Dr. Walter Bishop

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:42 pm

Darlow - 6 Did what was asked of him

Anita - 7 Genuinely think he's a better RB than CM and I rate him as an alright CM
Mbemba - 7
Lascelles - 7.5 Becoming a good player, almost scored two today!
Dummett - 7 Good game, relatively

Tioté - 6 Hit and miss
Colback - 6 A little bit ineffective but okay

Townsend - 8 Great performance!
Sissoko - 7
Wijnaldum - 6 Better than recently, but still pretty anon

Cissé - 6.5 Good shift, if only he could hold a run though...

Shelvey - 5.5
Ayoze - 6
Mitrović - 7 Changed the game in 20 minutes

Benítez - 7.5 So nice to have a manager that uses subs well!

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:24 pm

Darlow - 6 Can't remember him making a save. Rushed off his line well to pressure Montero into a miss.

Anita - 4 Really confused by some of the ratings here. He lost his man a number of times (only recovering a few of them), could have been sent off for a horrible challenge and was caught ball watching, letting Swansea in where they really should have scored to make it 1-1.
Mbemba - 7 Solid
Lascelles - 8.5 Great game. Big attitude and presence on the pitch
Dummett - 6 Meh

Tioté - 6 Average
Colback - 6 Average

Townsend - 9 Best player on the pitch by a mile today. Constantly harassed Swansea's back four and was instrumental in just about every good thing we did going forward.
Sissoko - 6 Scored, average/poor otherwise
Wijnaldum - 4 Forgot he was playing

Cissé - 4 He's f***ing s****

Shelvey - 6
Ayoze - 6
Mitrović - 8 2(?) assists

Benítez - 8 Can't fault the result. I would still rather have seen Ayoze, Mitrovic and Shelvey start.
Last edited by Duke on Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
I dunno

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:37 pm

All fuking class like
Last edited by TJR on Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:37 pm

<wenger>
I dunno

GirondeGeordie
Wood's Touch

Post by GirondeGeordie » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:45 pm

Darlow - 7 Didn't have much to do thanks to our decent defending and Swansea's inability to take their chances.

Anita - 6.5 Better RB than Janmaat (Not difficult), kept Montero quiet for most of the game. Pleasantly surprised, but still not a right-back.
Mbemba - 7 Solid. Has all the qualities to be immense in the future.
Lascelles - 8 Class performance, should have had two goals to his name. Loads of potential and is already showing signs of a great leader.
Dummett - 7 He still worries me and I don't rate him going forward at all. However, the lad did well today.

Tioté - 7 Always been a good wall winner but seems lost too often. Definitely had more of an influence than most think as Swansea dominated for about 20 mins after he came off.
Colback - 6.5 Put in a good shift and covered the more ground than anybody. Can't fault the effort, but he wasn't that effective today.

Townsend - 8 What a player, really exciting to watch!
Sissoko - 6.5 Did a lot of running, which is unlike him, but he gave the ball away far too often. No idea why Rafa made him captain, I'd have given it to Lascelles. Easy goal to score, but promising signs.
Wijnaldum - 5 Did he even play? Made some decent passes but was anonymous for the time he was on.

Cissé - 6.5 One of his better games for us, some of his attacking movement was brilliant... when he wasn't offside. Still unsure as to why Rafa picks him over Mitrovic, it's obvious that Mitro is a better player all round. Maybe he prefers to bring him on as a super sub? Worked today!

Shelvey - 5 Didn't make a difference when he came on.
Ayoze - 6 Tries too hard, but was more of a handful than Gini.
Mitrović - 7.5 Massive difference up top when he came on. His presence lifted the whole side and he did brilliantly for Townsend's goal. Love the lad.

Benítez - 8.5 Like many, I was discouraged by his squad selection. The man did well today though, used his subs really well which makes me think he has full confidence and understanding of his squad. Impressive stuff considering how little time he's been here!

Great performance, but still A LOT of work to be done, every game is huge. Howay the lads!

Lidl
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by Lidl » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:28 pm

Darlow - 6.5 - Did a solid job, came out when he needed to, dealt with everything pretty well.

Anita - 6 - Better than Janmaat, hope he doesn't get instantly dropped for him.
Mbemba - 8 - Absolute machine.
Lascelles - 8 - Future captain please, fast becoming a favourite.
Dummett - 6 - Did his job well, not fantastic but a solid left back.

Tioté - 5.5 - Unspectacular and a bit shabby in the tackle. Did his job though.
Colback - 5.5 - See Tiote.

Townsend - 7.5 - Love him more and more each game, he's a cut price Robben.
Sissoko - 7 - Nice to see him put some effort in for a change. Keep him as captain next game, seems to give him something to play for.
Wijnaldum - 4 - Was he even there?

Cissé - 5.5 - Put himself about but offside too often and don't see why he deserves to start ahead of Mitro, possibly just Mitro is a great impact option?

Shelvey - 5 - Didn't realise he'd come on.
Ayoze - 5.5 - Not great, was somewhat useful though.
Mitrović - 8 - Love this guy.

Benítez - 8 - Questionable team selection but it worked so can't complain.
If This Is How You Folks Make Art, Well That's f***ing Depressing

Get It On My Back You Slag!

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:25 pm

Darlow - 6 Nothing to do, which is a good thing.

Anita - 8 He's player RB a few times and always looked good
Mbemba - 8 Him and Lascelles can form a good CB pairing
Lascelles - 8 Great strength for his goal and seems like a leader
Dummett - 6 Got done a few times but some good blocks

Tioté - 6.5 Not bad
Colback - 6.5 Better than usual

Townsend - 8 Excellent performance, easily one of our best players
Sissoko - 7 Hope he continues to show some fight
Wijnaldum - 4 was he there?

Cissé - 5.5 Last season with us I think

Shelvey - 5.5
Ayoze - 6
Mitrović - 8

Benítez - 8 Made some big calls, but we did look like things might be getting through to players. Hope Janmaat isn't brought back into the team when he's fit
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MultipleJesuses » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:15 am

Darlow - 7

Anita - 6.5
Mbemba - 7
Lascelles - 8.5 - I've cheated a bit here because I've given him an extra .5 because of his maturity and honesty.
Dummett - 5.5

Tioté - 5.5
Colback - 5.5

Townsend - 7.5
Sissoko - 7
Wijnaldum - 5.5

Cissé - 5.5

Shelvey - 5.5
Ayoze - 6.5
Mitrović - 8

Benítez - 6 - I thought the starting XI was hideous but the subs spurred us on and we were solid.
Don't hinder the Trinder

Holystone...
Grammer Police Chef
Grammer Police Chef

Post by Holystone... » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:34 am

Lascelles. 10 simply for going on MOTD and saying we should have been playing like that well before now.
Ashley tells you it's raining. Do you look out the window?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:23 am

Lascelles is definitely future captain material. Trys to lead by example, not afraid to face the press even after poor performances (unlike Colo and Shelvey), and tells it as it is.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:56 am

Darlow - 6.5 - dealt with everything that came his way but, thanks to a rare competent display from those in front of him and Swansea's profligacy, didn't have to deal with too much

Anita - 7 - Did well defensively, generally competent. Better than Janmaat has been recently
Mbemba - 7 - Solid. When he plays well, he's a quality centre back, as demonstrated here
Lascelles - 7.5 - very impressive. Desire clear to see, deserved his goal
Dummett - 7 - bar one moment in the second half where he got done by Barrow, he looked assured and composed. Clearly, he and Anita were not in attack-mode today - and I think Dummett really benefits from that. He's a defender.

Tioté - 6 - he was fine. Though he didn't do anything flashy, his presence liberates others around him
Colback - 6 - silly fouls, but in truth he was as good as Shelvey has been recently. Plus, his shorter distribution style worked better here.

Townsend - 8 - quality. Excellent corners and a deserved goal.
Sissoko - 7 - quite average except for the goal. That said, average is good for him on recent form
Wijnaldum - 5.5 - I love Gini. But he has been off form for a while now.

Cissé - 6 - he was nuisance, but his finishing wasn't great

Shelvey - 6 - steadied the ship as Tiote tired
Ayoze - 6.5 - willing runner, linked up really well with Mitrovic, particularly in the run up to the second goal
Mitrović - 7.5 - changed the game with his physicality. Amazing impact sub. 2 assists.

Benítez - 8 - his team selection didn't look great on paper - but, for once, the team was greater than the sum of its parts. Even captaining Sissoko was a good call. Benitez managed the game excellently, using subs really well. In particular, Mitro's new impact sub role looks to be a winner. Man City on Tuesday will be tough, but if anybody can win it it's Benitez.
I had the first custom w***