Villa win by 3+ goals
2%

Total votes: 44

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Re: Aston Villa vs Newcastle Utd - 07/05/16

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sun May 08, 2016 3:07 pm

Beetroot wrote:Next season, whatever division we are in Bradley Dack would be a superb signing, league one player of the year. He's currently linked with a £2.5m move to Palace
Played for Braintree who are beating Grimsby atm, sign him up <awe> <awe>

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Sun May 08, 2016 3:10 pm

I'm pretty sure, there's more expensive and meaningless french version of him. Go get him, Graham.

Holystone...
Grammer Police Chef
Grammer Police Chef

Post by Holystone... » Sun May 08, 2016 4:27 pm

Johnny from the block wrote:I'm pretty sure, there's more expensive and meaningless french version of him. Go get him, Graham.
... Nice one. Add untried and hopefully able to adapt quickly to English game... Ooh and U26.
Ashley tells you it's raining. Do you look out the window?

GirondeGeordie
Wood's Touch

Post by GirondeGeordie » Sun May 08, 2016 5:01 pm

Dumm & Doumbia wrote:
Heisen wrote:
f***ing typical the one year they go down we f***ing go down with them. There's no escape.
They're f***ing idiots.

If you were on a sinking ship with them they'd be the ones in the water cheering at you on the ship as it went down.
This. They behaved in tragic fashion at Villa Park on Sat, celebrating every time Sunderland scored. I'd understand it if they were staying up but they're not, so it was all very confusing and cringe-worthy. Despite our s*** owners, we're still in a better position than them because Lerner's given it up completely.

One of them even spent his own money on a Sunderland kit for the occasion. The extent man.

LapplandBrummie

Post by LapplandBrummie » Sun May 08, 2016 6:19 pm

I'm back again. Villa fan...Unbelievable when I heard the Villa boys cheering Sunderland. Please make it stop...

Since '09, we've managed to manufacture a hatred and rivalry between two old, traditional clubs with no previous history. It's pretty frigging embarrassing, to be honest. I mean this in the nicest possible way, but apart from wanting you to win the league in the Keegan era, I've not given you much thought at all. Now it seems Villa fans are obsessed with the Toon!

I sincerely hope you stay up, somehow, and we can get back to a rivalry I understand with the Blues.

Always got on with you Geordies - a good craic in the pub, talking football. Not sure how that figures now - we've apparently relocated Brum to the north-east and we're hated more than Boro!

Good luck. Hope you're joyfully singing the Blaydon Races next week.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun May 08, 2016 7:42 pm

Lol I tweeted about being baffled by all this "banter" around NUFC and AVFC, I'm now being spammed with notifications from villa fan responses <laugh> they are reaching Sunderland levels of obsession.

I'm honestly confused as to why they have such Interest in us.

PFT
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PFT » Sun May 08, 2016 7:45 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:Lol I tweeted about being baffled by all this "banter" around NUFC and AVFC, I'm now being spammed with notifications from villa fan responses <laugh> they are reaching Sunderland levels of obsession.

I'm honestly confused as to why they have such Interest in us.
I was getting bombarded with s*** from them earlier this afternoon. I didn't even bother to remind them that they're bottom of the league and were relegated being touted as one of the worst teams to ever grace the Premier League.
formerly known as Bigi Bigi Bigi Can't You See & IMTE

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun May 08, 2016 7:47 pm

I've never understood why Villa fans always sing "we shall not be moved". Are they trying to be ironic?
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

PFT

Post by PFT » Sun May 08, 2016 7:55 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:I've never understood why Villa fans always sing "we shall not be moved". Are they trying to be ironic?
Well they're kind of right , they haven't moved off the bottom of the table all season.
formerly known as Bigi Bigi Bigi Can't You See & IMTE

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun May 08, 2016 8:00 pm

Dumm & Doumbia wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:I've never understood why Villa fans always sing "we shall not be moved". Are they trying to be ironic?
Well they're kind of right , they haven't moved off the bottom of the table all season.
<laugh>

True, but they sang it last season too <scratch>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

thedeludedfannymagnet2
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by thedeludedfannymagnet2 » Sun May 08, 2016 8:40 pm

http://www.footytube.com/video/aston-vi ... ov_vidgrid

Why dafuq didn't Mitro just take it round the keeper on 60 :(

Southern fairy

Post by Southern fairy » Mon May 09, 2016 11:38 am

Burnopfield wrote:Scouts are to blame. The squad is not strong enough - put any manager in charge and we would struggle. Cannot blame the owner - recently he has ploughed money in - crazy thing is he has given the cash to absolute bafoons.
So I guess you could say - we can blame the owner?
Joe Kinnear: "I think they've got some magnificent midfield players; Tiote, Ben Afri, Yohan Kebab, Sissoko are very solid."

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Mon May 09, 2016 12:10 pm

It's annoying because he's had good intentions for the last season and a bit but has been undermined completely by his choice of management staff. I honestly think we would have been much better off if Lambeezy had stayed.
REQUIEM

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Mon May 09, 2016 1:07 pm

Ashley deserves stick for letting his club be ran by people I wouldn't trust to run a corner shop. Charnley is a glorified accountant ffs, how he's ended up with the keys to the castle is beyond me. The comedian's dad can do one aswell.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Mon May 09, 2016 5:36 pm

Heisen wrote:Ashley deserves stick for letting his club be ran by people I wouldn't trust to run a corner shop. Charnley is a glorified accountant ffs, how he's ended up with the keys to the castle is beyond me. The comedian's dad can do one aswell.
This.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon May 09, 2016 7:12 pm

Goat wrote:
Mucky Quim wrote:I reckon thats us relegated. Disgraceful not being able to beat Villa
It's pretty much nailed on now.

Sunderland just need 2 draws or one win and that's it, and if they beat Chelsea, they can beat Everton or Watford.

Even if Sunderland lost their next two games and we drew with Spurs, we'd still go down on goal difference. We must beat Spurs (highly unlikely) just to have a chance, and then Sunderland can't take more than one point from Everton and Watford.

I think our fate will be sealed mid week with their game against Everton.
I fully expect us to go down now...that said, using the same logic, if we could draw Liverpool and City, we could beat Villa, and we know how that went. If Everton do manage to win, it will really crank up the pressure on them this weekend - not that I'm assuming we will beat Spurs.

Bruuuuuuuuce ()
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Bruuuuuuuuce () » Tue May 10, 2016 10:32 am

Stranger things have happened than Sunderland losing to Everton and Watford and us beating Spurs. After all, we've beaten Spurs already this season. Sunderland have also lost to both Everton and Watford this season. So, although it's very unlikely we'll stay up, it is still possible. After all, this is the season that Leicester won the league, so who knows what short term miracle can happen.

If all the remaining games this season end the same as they did in the reverse fixtures.. this is the final league table.

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Tue May 10, 2016 11:31 am

I'd love to think it was possible but I just can't see Sunderland slipping up twice. Once maybe, perfectly possible, but twice?

Read this on the mag:

The Mackems will draw 0-0 on Wednesday, we will hammer Spuds 7-0, the Mackems will be 1-0 down at Watford. Then, in the 94th minute Defoe will score a dubiously awarded pelanty after Seb ‘f***ing’ Larsshole takes a dive in the box from an offside ball after one of their other players has punched the goalie and we will go down on a one goal, goal difference.

More likely. <laugh>

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Tue May 10, 2016 8:29 pm

LuqueBoss wrote:Stranger things have happened than Sunderland losing to Everton and Watford and us beating Spurs. After all, we've beaten Spurs already this season. Sunderland have also lost to both Everton and Watford this season. So, although it's very unlikely we'll stay up, it is still possible. After all, this is the season that Leicester won the league, so who knows what short term miracle can happen.

If all the remaining games this season end the same as they did in the reverse fixtures.. this is the final league table.

Everton aren't going to put 6 past Sunderland tomorrow man <laugh>. We're down!!
Kindly deeds done for free!

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue May 10, 2016 8:30 pm

We don't need them to put 6 past them though, just win 1-0...and not have Watford lose against them on the weekend...and we win. Totally plausible...