NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 16/17)

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 16/17)

Post by jpg » Mon May 23, 2016 5:34 pm

Jacob NUFC Tyers wrote:#DummettOUT
Thoughts on Paul Dummett?

Jacob NUFC Tyers
Banned
Banned

Post by Jacob NUFC Tyers » Mon May 23, 2016 6:02 pm

Juliet Papa Golf wrote:
Jacob NUFC Tyers wrote:#DummettOUT
Thoughts on Paul Dummett?
Useless

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon May 23, 2016 6:06 pm

Dummett is Premier League quality, not sure why our fans dislike a defender that defends.

Holystone...
Grammer Police Chef
Grammer Police Chef

Post by Holystone... » Mon May 23, 2016 7:58 pm

That's because we like our defenders not to have crap distribution , poor positional play and act like a rabbit in headlights when he gets the ball . He tries , don't get me wrong but woeful expecting much from him .
Ashley tells you it's raining. Do you look out the window?

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Mon May 23, 2016 9:07 pm

Dummett's quality <awe>
Good squad player for the PL, definitely a good player for the Championship

Holystone...
Grammer Police Chef
Grammer Police Chef

Post by Holystone... » Mon May 23, 2016 9:36 pm

Unsure what singles him out for success in Championship. None of my observations would improve his skill in a lower league. He might get away with more gaffs without getting punished but that's not expecting much.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon May 23, 2016 9:37 pm

Holystone... wrote:Unsure what singles him out for success in Championship. None of my observations would improve his skill in a lower league. He might get away with more gaffs without getting punished but that's not expecting much.
<laugh>

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Mon May 23, 2016 9:38 pm

Holystone... wrote:Unsure what singles him out for success in Championship. None of my observations would improve his skill in a lower league. He might get away with more gaffs without getting punished but that's not expecting much.
well don't tell him

PFT
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PFT » Mon May 23, 2016 11:02 pm

He doesn't need to be all that better , think it's more to do with the standard of opposition.
formerly known as Bigi Bigi Bigi Can't You See & IMTE

Jacob NUFC Tyers
Banned
Banned

Post by Jacob NUFC Tyers » Mon May 23, 2016 11:03 pm

ALF wrote:Dummett is Premier League quality, not sure why our fans dislike a defender that defends.
But he can't defend...

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue May 24, 2016 4:35 am

Toondes wrote:
Holystone... wrote: ...
No, only those who were clearly crap in their position . No good saying he might do a job at CB . He's our chosen LB and he's glaringly out of his depth.
Did you miss the bit where we played better with him in the team? I'm not saying he's great but he's clearly not the worst player we have.
Considering he was the only available LB we had for most of the season, I don't really feel like that's saying much. I'm in no rush to get rid of him though, but I do think it's a position we could improve - especially seeing as we're light there anyway.

ghostrider
Pope's Goalposts

Post by ghostrider » Tue May 24, 2016 7:19 am

Paul Dummett is as basic left back who also plays centre half. Two positions where you can argue have been problematic for us over time, due to injuries and lack of quality - where CB is concerned.
Dummett doesn't get the credit he deserves because he's not fancy. He's not a dancing, skipping left back with any flashy skill. He is a no nonsense home grown player that plays full on for the team and bear in mind he hasn't always been supported in his role at left back, like Enrique was with Jonas.

He's not the best left back in the world but then again he's still learning. Since he came back from injury we haven't lost a game in the last set of games we played this season. Down to Rafa? yes but also down to players coming in like Dummett.

Dummett is Newcastle United through and through but that doesn't guarantee him his spot in the team. That's down to whoever the manager is and if that manager can buy better. One thing though, if Dummett leaves, we lose a player that would create a backbone for the team, in favour of, probably some way over expensive player with half the heart but the ability to fall in Hollywood fashion when his sock is snagged.

Dummett plays for Wales. Wales might be regarded as a nothing team to those who believe England are something special. The truth is, Wales have a decent team full of decent players - one being Bale - and Dummett is an integral part of that.

I'd be over the moon to keep Dummett and not just for the championship either. This is what we need. Backbone to go with any potential flair we might get, because that's what makes winning teams.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Tue May 24, 2016 7:39 am

ghostrider wrote:Paul Dummett is as basic left back who also plays centre half. Two positions where you can argue have been problematic for us over time, due to injuries and lack of quality - where CB is concerned.
Dummett doesn't get the credit he deserves because he's not fancy. He's not a dancing, skipping left back with any flashy skill. He is a no nonsense home grown player that plays full on for the team and bear in mind he hasn't always been supported in his role at left back, like Enrique was with Jonas.

He's not the best left back in the world but then again he's still learning. Since he came back from injury we haven't lost a game in the last set of games we played this season. Down to Rafa? yes but also down to players coming in like Dummett.

Dummett is Newcastle United through and through but that doesn't guarantee him his spot in the team. That's down to whoever the manager is and if that manager can buy better. One thing though, if Dummett leaves, we lose a player that would create a backbone for the team, in favour of, probably some way over expensive player with half the heart but the ability to fall in Hollywood fashion when his sock is snagged.

Dummett plays for Wales. Wales might be regarded as a nothing team to those who believe England are something special. The truth is, Wales have a decent team full of decent players - one being Bale - and Dummett is an integral part of that.

I'd be over the moon to keep Dummett and not just for the championship either. This is what we need. Backbone to go with any potential flair we might get, because that's what makes winning teams.
I actually pretty much agree with all of that.
He always going to have his critics and even if Alan Shearer was still playing today a section of fans would find a reason to hate him.
This season alone the the figures have been-
Sissoko
Jaanmat
Colback
Dummet
Colocinni
Cisse
Elliott (before he was had a few decent games)

I know people will have their favourites and players that they don't like but we seem to have a bipolar disorder amongst our fans. We are Jekyll and Hyde.
Love you one minute hate you the next.
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue May 24, 2016 7:57 am

^ this

Dummett can defend imo. Yeah he's never gonna be properly class but he's reliable and not flaky. Managers like him because he follows intructions well (hence helps wth defensive tactics). I still would prefer him at CB, but in the absence of any other reliable left backs (the others are worse defenders and/or constantly injured) he'll do.
Why would we get rid of our only player in that position? Sure if (big if) we were to go back to PL, look to upgrade but atm we've got bigger issues in other positions
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Southern fairy

Post by Southern fairy » Tue May 24, 2016 9:22 am

If there's ever a time to get rid of Dummett, it's not after getting relegated. Can defend, gives everything for the team which is more than you can say about half of them.
Joe Kinnear: "I think they've got some magnificent midfield players; Tiote, Ben Afri, Yohan Kebab, Sissoko are very solid."

Jacob NUFC Tyers
Banned
Banned

Post by Jacob NUFC Tyers » Tue May 24, 2016 9:39 am

But he can't defend and gets caught out

Holystone...
Grammer Police Chef
Grammer Police Chef

Post by Holystone... » Tue May 24, 2016 12:10 pm

Jacob NUFC Tyers wrote:But he can't defend and gets caught out
Dummett seems to be Marmite player .

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Tue May 24, 2016 12:27 pm

Dummett is very good in the air which is something that will probably come in handy next season. Ability wise I'd say he's in that bottom of Prem / Top of Championship level. He's capable of helping us get out of the Championship. Short term I'd keep him. Long term if we get promoted and want to push on towards the top half of the Premier League then we need to improve. I still wouldn't get rid of him though, his ability to play at both LB and CB mean he's a ok squad option to have around. As a second choice LB / 4th choice CB he'd be a reasonable option for a mid table PRemier League side.

Next season a back 4 of:

NewRB Mbemba Lascelles Dummett

will be one of the best in the league.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Tue May 24, 2016 12:36 pm

I think we should get rid of Haidara and get a new LB in, because we essentially have one LB at the minute.

Robbie Brady from Norwich perhaps? Appaently he is quite good for them, though i hesitate to believe that seeing as he was relegated. I can only assume that Willems is now a no go.

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Tue May 24, 2016 1:02 pm

Beatski wrote:I think we should get rid of Haidara and get a new LB in, because we essentially have one LB at the minute.

Robbie Brady from Norwich perhaps? Appaently he is quite good for them, though i hesitate to believe that seeing as he was relegated. I can only assume that Willems is now a no go.
He's a good player. Very attacking, played LW and occasionally CM/CAM before Norwich recently converted him to LB.