Other Clubs' Transfer Rumours/Deals (Summer 16/17)

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Other Clubs' Transfer Rumours/Deals (Summer 16/17)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:27 pm

Duke wrote:Any footballer would be mental to turn down £30m a year.
This.

The PL has had its fair share of luring players just for money. If China wants to do it then why not.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:42 pm

[tweet][/tweet]

<ok>

Diego21
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Diego21 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:43 pm

Jorge Mendes is in China dealing with some Chinese clubs for Raúl Jiménez (Benfica) since last days...

The Costa's Rumour happened just with Mendes in Asia...
Sorry for my bad english, I am spanish!

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:28 am

Costa is 28 years old, 3-4 years in China can set his family up for about 4 generations. Be stupid not to move.

seatonsluicetoon
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by seatonsluicetoon » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:17 pm

ALF wrote:Costa is 28 years old, 3-4 years in China can set his family up for about 4 generations. Be stupid not to move.

Would it? There's only so much money a person can spend. Wouldn't you want to play in one of the most competitive leagues in the world where your wages are already ridiculous and have you set up for life? Especially when your career is so short as it is.
Supercalifragilisticexpiameobi

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:39 am

seatonsluicetoon wrote:
ALF wrote:Costa is 28 years old, 3-4 years in China can set his family up for about 4 generations. Be stupid not to move.

Would it? There's only so much money a person can spend. Wouldn't you want to play in one of the most competitive leagues in the world where your wages are already ridiculous and have you set up for life? Especially when your career is so short as it is.
He's won the English and Spanigh leagues already. There's only so much a person can spend but like I said, 3-4 years in China and his children won't have to ever work, nor will their children.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:20 am

I don't see why he'd want to go China at all. He's already earning s*** loads at Chelsea and playing at top level. Why jeopardise your international career? How much f***ing money do these cunts need? It's ridiculous.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

golasambi
Pope's Goalposts

Post by golasambi » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:13 am

money to support his family and the nxt 4 generations mayb? nt jus money 4 him rememba yeh? n also hes gonna move thinkin he can change the game over there n be a hero to bunch of ppl

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:17 am

Chappy wrote:I don't see why he'd want to go China at all. He's already earning s*** loads at Chelsea and playing at top level. Why jeopardise your international career? How much f***ing money do these cronuts need? It's ridiculous.
Because it really is an absolutely outrageous amount of money. I don't see why he wouldn't just wait until the end of the season, it's not like that offers going anywhere.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:22 am

golasambi wrote:money to support his family and the nxt 4 generations mayb? nt jus money 4 him rememba yeh? n also hes gonna move thinkin he can change the game over there n be a hero to bunch of ppl
Right... cuz he's not earning enough now is he.

It's just money. The only reason anyone would go over there is cuz of the money. Change the game? Be a hero? <laugh>

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:23 am

Juliet Papa Golf wrote:
Chappy wrote:I don't see why he'd want to go China at all. He's already earning s*** loads at Chelsea and playing at top level. Why jeopardise your international career? How much f***ing money do these cronuts need? It's ridiculous.
Because it really is an absolutely outrageous amount of money. I don't see why he wouldn't just wait until the end of the season, it's not like that offers going anywhere.
Of course it is... but why not go at the end of your career? Players in their prime leaving for China show they only give a s*** about the money and not the sport.

golasambi
Pope's Goalposts

Post by golasambi » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:33 am

lol chappy nt just money u rly think he earning same over her than in china??? lol u make me laff sumtimes m8 x

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:38 am

golasambi wrote:lol chappy nt just money u rly think he earning same over her than in china??? lol u make me laff sumtimes m8 x
No - that's not what I said. I'm aware of how much they're offering him.

But he's playing at top level, already earning millions. My question is how much f***ing money do you need? If you think he wants to go over there as some sort of football ambassador and wave the flag for Chinese football you're deluded.

golasambi
Pope's Goalposts

Post by golasambi » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:40 am

lol how much money?? enuff to keep his family happy for generations they offerin shed loads mre than uk n dnt forget about tax. n also yeh an ambassador uv gotta have self belief be a foootballer. n also chapz u dnt know him so u dnt know what he thinks only going off how he looks n hows he made 2 come across in interviews n games so u dnt know, ur jus bein negative lol

seatonsluicetoon
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by seatonsluicetoon » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:27 am

Do people honestly believe that he won't be able to support his family for generations already?

Holystone...
Grammer Police Chef
Grammer Police Chef

Post by Holystone... » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:31 am

Not sure why people think he won't go. He came from Spanish league for more money and he probably has 6 good years left in him . China the next new frontier. They're throwing shed loads of cash to increase the standards and status of the game so naturally players are gong to go .
Ashley tells you it's raining. Do you look out the window?

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:45 am

seatonsluicetoon wrote:Do people honestly believe that he won't be able to support his family for generations already?
This.

seatonsluicetoon
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by seatonsluicetoon » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:59 am

Holystone... wrote:Not sure why people think he won't go. He came from Spanish league for more money and he probably has 6 good years left in him . China the next new frontier. They're throwing shed loads of cash to increase the standards and status of the game so naturally players are gong to go .
The closest comparison is probably the final big money career move to the MLS. And that seems to have boosted the profile of football in the US and possibly the standard from grassroots as well due to the marketability of players like Beckham. However, the key difference here is China managing to lure players who are still in their prime and at the peak of their game in one of the hardest leagues in the world. We all know there's very little loyalty left in football but with the wages the PL pays already setting players up for life it seems that it comes down to a lack of interest in being a winner. You didn't see the likes of Zidane saying "oh well, I've won the best league in the world once so my work here is done". The ability and the desire to do it continually is what makes you a legend, a la Alex Ferguson.

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:03 pm

Chinese FA have limited the number of foreign players to 3 in the first 11 and 5 in a match day squad from next season.

Basically slamming the brakes on buying football. <ok>

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:46 pm

Chappy wrote:
seatonsluicetoon wrote:Do people honestly believe that he won't be able to support his family for generations already?
This.
There's supporting and then there's £30m a year. His kids, their kids and their kids will literally never have to work. They'll all be able to do whatever they want. He's on about £7m a year before tax, he's being offered £30m a year. Quadrupling your wages is huge no matter how much you're on.