Other Clubs' Transfer Rumours/Deals (Summer 16/17)

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: Other Clubs' Transfer Rumours/Deals (Summer 16/17)

Post by MultipleJesuses » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:38 pm

Bilic also confirmed that Payet won't play but they're not going to sell him either. Not really sure of the end goal here. Hemorrhage wages in the hope that he changes his mind?
Don't hinder the Trinder

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:08 pm

MultipleJesuses wrote:Bilic also confirmed that Payet won't play but they're not going to sell him either. Not really sure of the end goal here. Hemorrhage wages in the hope that he changes his mind?
Not willing to sell = higher asking price.

Aldridge Prior
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor

Post by Aldridge Prior » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:10 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
TBC wrote:Payet refusing to play for West Ham who have just rejected a £19m bid for him from Marseille.
<laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh>
<laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh>
It's almost perfect isn't it, would have been better if Marseille tested the water first with a cheeky 3m bid <laugh>

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:25 am

ALF wrote:
MultipleJesuses wrote:Bilic also confirmed that Payet won't play but they're not going to sell him either. Not really sure of the end goal here. Hemorrhage wages in the hope that he changes his mind?
Not willing to sell = higher asking price.
Plus Premier League clubs (and particularly West Ham) now make far too much money to be held to ransom by players. They could quite easily just let him rot in the reserves if he's being silly.

Holystone...
Grammer Police Chef
Grammer Police Chef

Post by Holystone... » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:27 pm

Players have all the power, don't kid yourself.
Ashley tells you it's raining. Do you look out the window?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:32 pm

West Ham are probably rolling in it seen as they've got TV money, a free stadium, security etc. Doubt they need to sell if they don't want to.

Part of me likes that the WBA owners have pretty much said to Berahino that he's under contract so it's them that decides if/when he gets sold, and not bow to his needs just because he has thrown a strop.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:40 pm

Will Hughes has signed a new contract...
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:47 pm

Am i the only one who thinks it's a tad dodgy that Chelsea managed to get 60m for Oscar who cannot even get in their team? It always seems Chelsea can get stupid fees for players who can't even get a sniff the worst thing is they sell for profit most of the time even if a player doesn't even play more than a few games for them.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:21 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:Am i the only one who thinks it's a tad dodgy that Chelsea managed to get 60m for Oscar who cannot even get in their team? It always seems Chelsea can get stupid fees for players who can't even get a sniff the worst thing is they sell for profit most of the time even if a player doesn't even play more than a few games for them.
If it has been a European club paying that fee it would seem suspicious, but about right for a Chinese club.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:57 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Don Sholeone wrote:Am i the only one who thinks it's a tad dodgy that Chelsea managed to get 60m for Oscar who cannot even get in their team? It always seems Chelsea can get stupid fees for players who can't even get a sniff the worst thing is they sell for profit most of the time even if a player doesn't even play more than a few games for them.
If it has been a European club paying that fee it would seem suspicious, but about right for a Chinese club.
To be honest I wouldnt be surprised if some of these transfers were to become part of the next big football scandal with money laundering involved, the fees are just insane even transfers within the chinese league are dodgy. <laugh>

Graw
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Graw » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:24 pm

Will West Ham panic now and go back in for Defoe and a replacement for Payet? Or they could carry on making insulting bids for clubs best players, im fine with it either way

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:16 pm

Schlupp has joined Palace on a four year deal, such an Allardyce type signing <laugh>

Just seen the fee, £12.5m! That's what we've got ahead of us if we go up due to the stupid money in the PL, high transfer fees for bang average players. Still, maybe we could get £10m for Colback.

TBC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by TBC » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:29 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:Part of me likes that the WBA owners have pretty much said to Berahino that he's under contract so it's them that decides if/when he gets sold, and not bow to his needs just because he has thrown a strop.
Up to a point. I think rejecting bids from 3 different clubs in excess of £20m for him to barely play and leave for compensation makes no sense at all. The fact they offered him a contract a couple of weeks ago shows they are making this up as they go along.

If West Ham get a better bid I think they'll sell Payet, and since he's 29 I'd say it's the right decision. Once the players head is turned it's rare things can go back to normal.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:59 pm

TBC wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:Part of me likes that the WBA owners have pretty much said to Berahino that he's under contract so it's them that decides if/when he gets sold, and not bow to his needs just because he has thrown a strop.
Up to a point. I think rejecting bids from 3 different clubs in excess of £20m for him to barely play and leave for compensation makes no sense at all. The fact they offered him a contract a couple of weeks ago shows they are making this up as they go along.

If West Ham get a better bid I think they'll sell Payet, and since he's 29 I'd say it's the right decision. Once the players head is turned it's rare things can go back to normal.
Exactly. Yes, you need to set an example that players can't always hold you to ransom, but despite all of the revenue they're making, there's still an opportunity cost to paying wages or losing transfer fees by benching a player or relegating them to the second team. That's money you could be using to pay for their replacement to be on the pitch - so it always raises the question if you're cutting off your nose to spite your face.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:17 pm

Totally. But if the owner is extremely well off anyway then does he care?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:06 pm

That's my point, it's always been the case that player power has won out for years, but Premier League clubs have so much money now that Payet's wages will barely make a dent if they want to make a point. Bonus points for their free stadium etc...

Aldridge Prior
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor

Post by Aldridge Prior » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:17 pm

Diego Costa offered £30m a year in China, dropped from the squad from the weekend Chelsea fans in utter meltdown. Tony Cascarino losing his s*** on SSN...

Football is going **** <worried>

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:42 pm

Aldridge Prior wrote:Diego Costa offered £30m a year in China, dropped from the squad from the weekend Chelsea fans in utter meltdown. Tony Cascarino losing his s*** on SSN...

Football is going **** <worried>
<disgrace>
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Diego21
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Diego21 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:02 pm

Jorge Mendes has the 33% of Costa's rights... so... He has the Power!
Sorry for my bad english, I am spanish!

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:19 pm

Any footballer would be mental to turn down £30m a year.
I dunno