Argentina (Messi)

Shelvey facing ban - Update: 5 Match Ban, £100k Fine

Post by UlversToon » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:38 pm

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: Shelvey facing ban

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:42 pm

Two months later and right before Hull's game. And for using "abusive words". If you broke someone's leg - 3 game ban. Call someone "cronut" take those 5 games! The evolution took the wrong turn somewhere...

Jaiston
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Jaiston » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:52 pm

If it turns out to be of a racist nature and he's found guilty of it, get rid of the t***.
Last edited by Jaiston on Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

On Tyne
Tindall's Hoody

Post by On Tyne » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:52 pm

Why has this taken so long to appear?

Amnesiac
-

Post by Amnesiac » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:52 pm

Jonjo Shelvey has been charged for misconduct in relation to Newcastle United’s game against Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday 17 September 2016.
It is alleged that in or around the 87th minute of the fixture, he used abusive and/or insulting words towards an opponent.
It is further alleged that this breach of Rule E3(1) is an “Aggravated Breach” as defined in Rule E3(2), as it included reference to ethnic origin and/or race and/or nationality.
The player has until 16 November 2016 to respond to the charge.
Same time that Anita was sent off. If it's true then he deserves his ban, I'd like to see what evidence there is though, because the video showing Anita's tackle has him slowly walking away from the situation.

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:07 pm

Not really surprised by this, he's always been a bit of a ****

cbrad NUFC
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by cbrad NUFC » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:08 pm

Seems very strange to me, said at the time that I felt watching the game that the referee was harsher on black players than white games. That said if he has then he deserves to be banned. Wolves players are a disgrace anyhow.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:09 pm

Seems crazy that it would take 2 months to get to this, it isn't as if there's a large number of evidence sources to draw from in situations like this.

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:19 pm

Why has it taken this long to come out though?

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:21 pm

If it's true then he deserves it, cronut. If not then it's a conspiracy to stop us!

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:23 pm

I'm guessing there's been a lot of red tape, analysing the footage, interviews etc and they've now decided to take the next step and charge him. Which if true makes him a total bellend.

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:30 pm

Saying f*** all until he's found guilty, or at least until we know what was allegedly said <erm>
I dunno

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:39 pm

I would say that these things are hard to prove, but usually by the time the FA get to charging the player they have enough evidence to make it a slam dunk.

Although if this is a five match ban then deliberate elbows or dangerous tackles should be treated the same way. For racial things you're attacking their ethnicity, religion etc. and for elbows and bad tackles you're attacking someone's body. Shouldn't be classed any differently as both are equally unacceptable.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:47 pm

Strange that this is only coming to light now. Could do without losing him obviously but if it turns out he has racially abused someone I hope they throw the book at him.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:53 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:I would say that these things are hard to prove, but usually by the time the FA get to charging the player they have enough evidence to make it a slam dunk.

Although if this is a five match ban then deliberate elbows or dangerous tackles should be treated the same way. For racial things you're attacking their ethnicity, religion etc. and for elbows and bad tackles you're attacking someone's body. Shouldn't be classed any differently as both are equally unacceptable.
True, but at least with a dangerous tackle you can at least imply it's happened in the course of the game, you can hardly suggest that racist abuse could be 'mistimed'. Truly deliberate tackles and elbows tend to get longer than that anyway (see Andrew, Calvin), three match bans are usually for those embarrassing head to head things...

Anyway, on this case I'll wait and see before judging, I'd like to hope it isn't true but who knows. If proven he fully deserves a ban.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:09 pm

If hes not found guilty fair enough, but if he does get found guilty then we can boot him out and get Youri Tielemans <divax>

Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Double Agent Bruce a.k.a DAB » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:32 pm

To equating physical mutilation with abusive words it's just stupidity of highest quality! To put equation between the actions and words (not to be confused with words of intentions!) are stupidity of highest quality!

If someone of other race call me "white trash" or something like that, I most certainly won't start crying how hurt I am. I eighter respont to his abuse or will just laugh at him. Oh, and I'm not a milionare, who work his favorite job.

And btw that's the problem of the world. The world is full of some soft c words (pardon me), who are very touchy and if you give it to them some honest statement they feel very offensive. But if you lied them, they will be just fine.

I might be sound racist, but I'm not. This is the facts. Just as the facts is that nobody caucasian is complained about racial abuse. The racial abuse is a one way street. This is also a fact. Hardly someone is that naive to thing that only caucasian race could say something against the others.

Ol' Dirty Bas Dost
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Ol' Dirty Bas Dost » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:29 pm

As has been said, better to wait until more details come out before making judgements. But if he's found to have done it, I've got no complaints with a 5 match ban plus whatever the club would decide to do from an internal disciplinary point of view. That kind of stuff needs kept out of the game and particularly out of our club.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:32 pm

Think you just coined a new phrase with 'stupidity of the highest quality'...
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Graw
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Graw » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:02 pm

Not good if he's guilty and who fills in for him, he will be a loss in the side