Child abuse allegations spread to NUFC

Ol' Dirty Bas Dost
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Child abuse allegations spread to NUFC

Post by Ol' Dirty Bas Dost » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:29 pm

In the Guardian tonight:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... rge-ormond
The escalating story of sexual abuse in football is now threatening to take in Newcastle United after a former player contacted the police to allege he was another victim on the back of growing concerns about a possible paedophile ring in the sport.

The ex-player, whose identity is known to the Guardian, has named George Ormond as the offender, claiming that he was sexually abused by a man who has already had a six-year prison sentence for a string of convictions involving boys from the club’s youth system over a 24-year period.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Child abuse allegations spread to NUFC

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:35 pm

Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if numerous clubs had coaches in years gone by that were involved in things like this.

I'd castrate the dirty bastards and then throw them in jail.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Ol' Dirty Bas Dost
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by Ol' Dirty Bas Dost » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:46 pm

I'd be surprised if this is the end of it... it happens again and again, a couple of investigations and the response is 'few bad apples, we've dealt with it' etc. Then the whole organization turns out to be complicit, through helping out mates and turning a blind eye to warning signs, and a bunch of kids have had their lives wrecked.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:55 pm

Same with all these old celebs who were found out to be sick bastards.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:48 pm

Seems that it really was rife a couple of generations ago.

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MultipleJesuses » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:58 am

ALF wrote:Seems that it really was rife a couple of generations ago.
It's rife now, they're just better at hiding it. Not even hiding it actually, just that most of the people involved are still in positions of power so it won't come out for a long time.
Don't hinder the Trinder

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:28 am

I know it sounds stupid to say, but I'd never associate this with football.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:05 pm

Chappy wrote:I know it sounds stupid to say, but I'd never associate this with football.
Considering how homophobic football was in the 80s and 90s this surprises me a little bit. Or maybe this is why there was so much homophobia?

Still, it's appalling,

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:15 pm

Hjl wrote:
Chappy wrote:I know it sounds stupid to say, but I'd never associate this with football.
Considering how homophobic football was in the 80s and 90s this surprises me a little bit. Or maybe this is why there was so much homophobia?

Still, it's appalling,
Aye... and the fact the get away with it for years. Shocking.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:36 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... buse-coach

More details emerge, this is awful.
The club got rid of him in 1998, but he wasn't arrested. Did they just quietly dismiss him? IF so, that's was a horrific decision?
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:54 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... buse-coach

The club got rid of him in 1998, but he wasn't arrested. Did they just quietly dismiss him? IF so, that's was a horrific decision?
Harrowing story, and I can't even fathom the trauma his victims went through, and continue to suffer with - although to the writers credit I think they did well to communicate his in the article.

Regarding NUFC, the series of events regarding the club are confusing, partly because in the same paragraph they speak of him going to the club and warning them in the 90s, and the current ownership group wanting answers now, without clarifying the circumstances of him being fired before their time.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:03 pm

I'm over Colo wrote:
Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... buse-coach

Harrowing story, and I can't even fathom the trauma his victims went through, and continue to suffer with - although to the writers credit I think they did well to communicate his in the article.

Regarding NUFC, the series of events regarding the club are confusing, partly because in the same paragraph they speak of him going to the club and warning them in the 90s, and the current ownership group wanting answers now, without clarifying the circumstances of him being fired before their time.
are still trying to establish the precise circumstances in which Ormond left, which they believe was in October 1998
So he left before the current ownership, John Hall's time

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:09 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
I'm over Colo wrote: Harrowing story, and I can't even fathom the trauma his victims went through, and continue to suffer with - although to the writers credit I think they did well to communicate his in the article.

are still trying to establish the precise circumstances in which Ormond left, which they believe was in October 1998
So he left before the current ownership, John Hall's time
No, I realized that it was from before Ashley, I just meant that how it was written made it a bit more confusing, and until they do discover what those circumstances were, it's hard to say how we should feel about the club's dealing with it.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:13 pm

Oh right yeah I agree

golasambi
Pope's Goalposts

Post by golasambi » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:41 pm

sorry bt the fact that ppl on here are equating homosexuality with paedophilia is ridiculous. and saying they shud b castrated?? an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. its a horrible story n uv gotta hope these ppl r brought to justice in watever way a sensible n sound democracy wants to do tht. not be torturing ppl. thoughts go out to the sufferers n families

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:32 pm

Punished by death would be my answer. What gives these people the right to rob a child of their innocence ? Eye for an eye is 100% what we should be doing but it unfortunatly won't.
# stolen from nufc.com :)

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:07 pm

golasambi wrote:sorry bt the fact that ppl on here are equating homosexuality with paedophilia is ridiculous.
<ok>

Yep, no link whatsoever.
Toondes wrote:Punished by death would be my answer. What gives these people the right to rob a child of their innocence ? Eye for an eye is 100% what we should be doing but it unfortunatly won't.
And this <ok>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:09 pm

Toondes wrote:Punished by death would be my answer. What gives these people the right to rob a child of their innocence ? Eye for an eye is 100% what we should be doing but it unfortunatly won't.
As a father I agree.

golasambi
Pope's Goalposts

Post by golasambi » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:55 pm

love not fear. nobody shud be killed

golasambi
Pope's Goalposts

Post by golasambi » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:42 pm

i dnt want to go into the details bt my little brother daniel was murdered by sum1 who preyed upon him. n wt did we all do as a family after it? the worst most painful loss u can imagine from sum1 so young. and they guy who did it do i wish him dead? no because however much pain hes brought 2 me, hating him, wantin him dead n actively hurtin him in just the same way he actively ruined my family is the wrong thing to do. no gd can cum of it. no good comes from hurt, fear and pain. what comes from it is very sad, lonely people like the man who took my brother from us. violence solves nithin. im nt gonna lie it was hard n took a wile bt let me tell u that love is the only way. be kind, be good. turn the other cheek at all costs. sorry to go on so much n to bring it up. wenever ppl mention sumthin personal that normaly stops the conv cos nobody can then argue againt it cos its gt personal. i dnt wana do that i jus wanted to share my thoughts wiv u. if u dnt agree i accept that and respect ur opinion as were all diferent. nbody is the same n thinks the same thing n thats wat lifes all about