NUFC supporter clubs in Scotland

Re: NUFC supporter clubs in Scotland

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:21 pm

Deano wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:09 pm
Myusernameis wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:44 pm
By the way would people agree with me that doner kebabs and chilli sauce is MUCH better in Newcastle then in and around Glasgow? Anyone know anyone who wants to open up a kebab shop like one in Newcastle by any chance?
For me my local kebab shop has my order known and memorized and is the best kebab shop the length and breadth of the UK

But I think a Newcastle Fans Glasgow supporters group is a fantastic idea
Love to know where you get your kebab from in Glasgow? as everywhere in Glasgow instead of proper chilli sauce (ie with fresh chillis, white cabbage, passata) in Glasgow they just add water to ketchup and add chilli powder a bit of mango chutney and call it chilli sauce. Salad consists of a bit of lettuce, onion, unpickled white cabbage in a bowl and cheap quaility doner meat. In Newcastle its as I said proper chilli sauce, nice proper salads all in their own bowls and not mashed together in same bowl ie pickled red cabbage, pickled white cabbage, onion, lettuce, cucumber, tomatos etc and high quaility kebab meat....nothing better after a home game at St James Park ganning doon the big market for a proper kebab!

JamboGeordie
Tindall's Hoody

Post by JamboGeordie » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:10 am

Leith-Toon wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:57 pm
JamboGeordie wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:39 pm

If we can get a fair bit interest in this thread it might be worth a bash. I've got mates that follow other English teams chelsea, liverpool and so on but they all love Newcastle and come to the odd game with me.
Yeah sounds good to me.

Who is all Edinburgh based? If there's a few of us, maybe sometime we could pick a pub for a pint when one of our games is on the telly and see if there's something we could set up more regularly for watching games in Edinburgh or going down for a few?
im just outside Edinburgh but work in the center so easy enough for me to get to any pub. Don't really drink in Edinburgh city center, more so the gorgie end when at hearts games. So open to suggestions for good neutral pubs.

Dean_Ed
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by Dean_Ed » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:11 pm

Based in Edinburgh and the idea of a supporters club would be great!

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:30 pm

Tbh I'm thinking of moving to Edinburgh to join <gent>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Leith-Toon
Tindall's Hoody

Post by Leith-Toon » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:58 pm

JamboGeordie wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:10 am
Leith-Toon wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:57 pm

Yeah sounds good to me.

Who is all Edinburgh based? If there's a few of us, maybe sometime we could pick a pub for a pint when one of our games is on the telly and see if there's something we could set up more regularly for watching games in Edinburgh or going down for a few?
im just outside Edinburgh but work in the center so easy enough for me to get to any pub. Don't really drink in Edinburgh city center, more so the gorgie end when at hearts games. So open to suggestions for good neutral pubs.
I'm also working in the city centre, and live in Leith (who'd have guessed). Generally find there's not that many good football pubs in the city centre anyway. Don't really know the Gorgie end of town very well at all, but could certainly suggest a few places in the East end if that's any use to anyone? The Mash Tun on Easter Road is particularly good with a few big screens and loads of TVs, or the Cask & Barrel on Broughton Street (although often really busy on weekends).

Deano
Pope's Goalposts

Post by Deano » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:12 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:21 pm
Deano wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:09 pm

For me my local kebab shop has my order known and memorized and is the best kebab shop the length and breadth of the UK

But I think a Newcastle Fans Glasgow supporters group is a fantastic idea
Love to know where you get your kebab from in Glasgow? as everywhere in Glasgow instead of proper chilli sauce (ie with fresh chillis, white cabbage, passata) in Glasgow they just add water to ketchup and add chilli powder a bit of mango chutney and call it chilli sauce. Salad consists of a bit of lettuce, onion, unpickled white cabbage in a bowl and cheap quaility doner meat. In Newcastle its as I said proper chilli sauce, nice proper salads all in their own bowls and not mashed together in same bowl ie pickled red cabbage, pickled white cabbage, onion, lettuce, cucumber, tomatos etc and high quaility kebab meat....nothing better after a home game at St James Park ganning doon the big market for a proper kebab!

Are place called starrys kebab meat is best I've had though I like with ketchup and nan bread with no salad and a side of haggis pakora

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:09 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:53 am
Sounds like you could be the founders of the west of Scotland NUFC supporters club <gent>
Yup, the Scots Toon Army <whistle>
Far more preferable to the generic disrespectful throwaway use of “Jocks”
I mean “Jocks Toon Army” it’s just a no.
Clydeside & Tyneside

Brooklyn
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by Brooklyn » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:43 am

Would be up for a Glasgow based Toon supporters club and happy to help out if it gets up and running!

Minibus sounds a great idea if there is sufficient numbers

On the off chance, is anyone going down this weekend for the Bournemouth game and got a spare seat (would split costs obviously)

ross191080@hotmail.co.uk

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:26 pm

I've always wondered how the UK got saddled with having to use .co.uk. I'd have thought one would be enough.

davbar1966
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by davbar1966 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:52 pm

Hi,

Just joined the forum, appreciate this is a pretty old topic but it was the first one that came up in the search results! I'm in Ayrshire, looking to start going to more home games, so just wanted to see if there's anyone in the area looking to share driving etc. Didn't get home until 2am this morning but more than worth it with that performance!

I'll be down for the Everton game, although I'll be staying over and seeing family the next day, but for any future games get in touch!

Cheers

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:48 pm

Welcome - hopefully you find someone to share the driving <ok>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:34 pm

davbar1966 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:52 pm
Hi,

Just joined the forum, appreciate this is a pretty old topic but it was the first one that came up in the search results! I'm in Ayrshire, looking to start going to more home games, so just wanted to see if there's anyone in the area looking to share driving etc. Didn't get home until 2am this morning but more than worth it with that performance!

I'll be down for the Everton game, although I'll be staying over and seeing family the next day, but for any future games get in touch!

Cheers
A few seasons ago I'd have been your wing man..............I did the whole early morning match day 300mile round trip madness for quite a while. Gave that up though, now I turn the home games I attend into a more rounded , indulgent weekend away carry on The winter months daft dark o'clock driving was just too much, especially when you wanted a pre or post match convivial libation. Indeed not the first time I've snuck my son out of school for that crucial Friday 12 noon dental appointment on Tyneside for match day preparation. There's just way too much temptation in the City. Now what's the worst that can happen.........? ............. Wife face tags along too. Well plenty retail therapy opportunity for her to batter on with whilst the chaps have those most important pre match banter sessions. Then post match, its generally always win win when, returning semi compos mentis you allow the good lady to choose the restaurant <cheers> That's my tactic.
Only regret, I wasn't there on Saturday to abuse Pickford <awe>
Clydeside & Tyneside

Pinkleylandii
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by Pinkleylandii » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:46 pm

Hello I’m from Newcastle but have lived in Edinburgh for the last 16 years. I go to the home games 3 or 4 times per season. Would like to meet any Newcastle supporters in Edinburgh city centre when Newcastle on Sky/BT. Beats watching in the house. Anyone interested give me a shout. Maybe start a WhatsApp group . Thanks John

Leith-Toon
Tindall's Hoody

Post by Leith-Toon » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:52 am

Pinkleylandii wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:46 pm
Hello I’m from Newcastle but have lived in Edinburgh for the last 16 years. I go to the home games 3 or 4 times per season. Would like to meet any Newcastle supporters in Edinburgh city centre when Newcastle on Sky/BT. Beats watching in the house. Anyone interested give me a shout. Maybe start a WhatsApp group . Thanks John
I'd be up for setting up a WhatsApp for Newcastle fans in Edinburgh for the same reason, feel free to give me a shout if you're still keen.

JamboGeordie
Tindall's Hoody

Post by JamboGeordie » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:10 pm

Yeah I'd be up for that. Giving up my season ticket at the end of the season and will just make it down for a few games a season now but id be more than happy to meet up for a beer if we are on TV.

Leith-Toon
Tindall's Hoody

Post by Leith-Toon » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:26 pm

I've not participated in enough discussion to be able to access private messaging on here, so I don't know if anyone can message me either. If you can though, feel free to fire through your numbers and I could set up a WhatsApp group.

Leith-Toon
Tindall's Hoody

Post by Leith-Toon » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:48 pm

Sorry lads I meant to try and get something sorted here, and Cal kindly updated my permissions so that I could be PM'd. The Hibs game tonight reminded me to come back on here and see about organising something in Edinburgh throughout the season.

I suspect like me, a few of you are less enthusiastic about travelling down for games following some of this summer's shenanigans, but might still be up for sorting a pub for pints on match day or something. Feel free to message me on here and we could try set up a WhatsApp group or something, if anyone fancies.

sammyboy2488
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by sammyboy2488 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:20 am

Morning folks, another Scottish based Toon fan; in the Fife area, gutted I missed the match last night as would have been interested in going had I been off. Looked a superb Magpies support; not a long journey by train also I sense a Scottish toon contingent helped, overall amazing support as always and 12,500 overall excellent for pre-season.

Unsure if I'll make the Gunners match at home Joelinton looks a real find . Be great to catch up with Toon fans of a Scottish variety in the future

JamboGeordie
Tindall's Hoody

Post by JamboGeordie » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:48 pm

Haven't been on here for a while. Gutted that the hibs game was mid week, would have been good if it was on the Saturday, could have been a good opportunity to get a meet up and few beers.

NeilT
Wood's Touch

Post by NeilT » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:38 pm

I'm up for sharing if there is anyone in Ayrshire who goes to home games? I was at the Watford game at the weekend and will be going down next to the Aston Villa game on the 13th.

I remember seeing three coaches on Barrack Road with 0141 numbers on them but stupidly didn't take a note of the full number.