Other Clubs' Transfer Rumours/Deals (Summer 17/18)

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Re: Other Clubs' Transfer Rumours/Deals (Summer 17/18)

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:54 pm

Aldridge Prior wrote:I'm bored now, it's beyond daft. There's been a steady rise over the years but this year seems to have just broken the trend. It doesn't remotely correlate to previous seasons.

Even paying 12m or so for a decent championship winger is high really, completely unproven at this level.
Yep <ok>

But it seems as though we're not willing to pay even £12mil for a championship player.

Any League One talents about? <roll>

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:20 pm

Mahrez is on the market for £27mil.

Thats pretty cheap <whistle>

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:23 pm

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:Mahrez is on the market for £27mil.

It is compared to all the other transfers this window <notbad>

Weren't Leicester asking for £40m last season? If he was still on form he'd probably cost £60m with the current market <erk>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:31 pm

The whole transfer system is, and always has been stupid. There's a reason why most sports in the world don't buy and sell players for fees.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:55 pm

The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco wrote:Mahrez is on the market for £27mil.

Would rather have him than an inform Murphy <erk>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:09 pm

Hart looks like he's going to West Ham.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:02 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:Hart looks like he's going to West Ham.
Glad it's not us. For a long time I considered him overrated - but now that he isn't rated so highly, I'm of the mind people rate him just as they should (as a keeper not quite good enough for a PL title contender).

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:16 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:£50m for an okay RB <laugh>
He's arguably the best RB in the league in fairness.

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:40 pm

ALF wrote:
Thats not saying much.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:50 pm

ALF wrote:
Perhaps, although I'd probably say Bellerin is better.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:54 pm

Good read from Bleacher Report today discussing the spending in world football right now. Particularly interesting summary of some of Deloitte's findings regarding the escalating annual losses clubs are taking on - and whether it's sustainable. The author definitely doesn't think it is.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2721 ... -absurdity

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:02 pm

I'm over Colo wrote:Good read from Bleacher Report today discussing the spending in world football right now. Particularly interesting summary of some of Deloitte's findings regarding the escalating annual losses clubs are taking on - and whether it's sustainable. The author definitely doesn't think it is.

It is in no way sustainable, at some point the whole thing will come crashing down. Interesting point about lack of recruitment at the Top 6 clubs overall.

All these inflated transfer fees are pointless. Yes you might be able to charge a premium for your players, but anyone you buy will cost an equally absurd amount.

B4E
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by B4E » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:08 pm

If anyone cares, Sammy Ameobi has joined Bolton on a one year deal. Between him and Will Buckley (1 goal in 3 years lol), one of them hopefully isn't complete s*** in the Championship <roll>
RIP

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:21 pm

B4E wrote:If anyone cares, Sammy Ameobi has joined Bolton on a one year deal. Between him and Will Buckley (1 goal in 3 years lol), one of them hopefully isn't complete s*** in the Championship <roll>
Surprised it's only a one year deal. I thought he'd joined you over a month ago anyway <laugh>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:22 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
I'm over Colo wrote:Good read from Bleacher Report today discussing the spending in world football right now. Particularly interesting summary of some of Deloitte's findings regarding the escalating annual losses clubs are taking on - and whether it's sustainable. The author definitely doesn't think it is.

It is in no way sustainable, at some point the whole thing will come crashing down. Interesting point about lack of recruitment at the Top 6 clubs overall.

All these inflated transfer fees are pointless. Yes you might be able to charge a premium for your players, but anyone you buy will cost an equally absurd amount.
Exactly. It's just a sudden and extreme inflation based on an artificial market. PL clubs were willing to spend insane money to get the players they wanted, and everyone knew the tv money was ballooning, but clubs aren't making money, while they all just chase each other into bankruptcy selling people like a commodity. I can't really understand why owners have done this to themselves? They could have just taken advantage of their new revenue and settled finances, but instead they're driving up the cost of doing business. Make fun of the North American sports league franchise system if you want (I don't mean you BB personally), but there are benefits to better controlling the costs of doing business and not driving up your mutual costs with arbitrarily derived transfer fees.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:35 pm

I'm over Colo wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:

Exactly. It's just a sudden and extreme inflation based on an artificial market. PL clubs were willing to spend insane money to get the players they wanted, and everyone knew the tv money was ballooning, but clubs aren't making money, while they all just chase each other into bankruptcy selling people like a commodity. I can't really understand why owners have done this to themselves? They could have just taken advantage of their new revenue and settled finances, but instead they're driving up the cost of doing business. Make fun of the North American sports league franchise system if you want (I don't mean you BB personally), but there are benefits to better controlling the costs of doing business and not driving up your mutual costs with arbitrarily derived transfer fees.
Yes, this new money gave PL clubs a fantastic opportunity to control costs, clear debt and build for a solid sustainable future. Instead they're just tossing it all away on transfer fees and wages and screwing each other over. Strange business. The problem is that it would take a unified approach from ALL Premier League Clubs to make something like that work, something that was never likely to happen.

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:14 pm

In all honesty I'm quite relaxed about our lack of recruitment as we're not the only ones in the position we're in. Southampton, Stoke, West Brom etc., aren't exactly paying these ridiculous fees yet. We'll be in a relegation battle for sure but I'd rather us work with the squad we've got (which in all honesty isn't as horrendous as people are making out) and add two or three then piss away £30m on some unknown player. Even being expected to pay £16m for a Championship winger is ridiculous.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:20 pm

Heisen wrote:In all honesty I'm quite relaxed about our lack of recruitment as we're not the only ones in the position we're in. Southampton, Stoke, West Brom etc., aren't exactly paying these ridiculous fees yet. We'll be in a relegation battle for sure but I'd rather us work with the squad we've got (which in all honesty isn't as horrendous as people are making out) and add two or three then piss away £30m on some unknown player. Even being expected to pay £16m for a Championship winger is ridiculous.
Problem with the current squad is that I can't see us scoring that many goals (lack of creativity) and we'll continue to give away stupid goals.

I still always get the impression that whenever we go behind we don't really have the players / mindset to bounce back. Aim for the current squad will be p17.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:15 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
ALF wrote:

Fully fit Seamus Coleman has to be up there too, Walker is over rated because he's English, he has pace that's all he's a crap defender
I'll Hazard a guess

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:50 pm

Lassassinblanc wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:

Fully fit Seamus Coleman has to be up there too, Walker is over rated because he's English, he has pace that's all he's a crap defender
This, and because he's so fast he can usually get back into position after he's made a mistake.

I wonder if Coleman didn't get injured that City would have gone in for him instead of Walker. <scratch>